TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nanks

What's so bad about Saliva??

I presume you're referring to this:

EDIT: UGGGHHH  Strewth mate, I said I don't want any of that artsy, indie bullshit. My God, what did I do to deserve being exposed to that??? I have been aurally abused. I don't want to be lulled into some kind of off-key trance, I want to be entertained. Mate, how can you listen to that tripe? Genuinely one of the worst pieces of "music" I have ever had the misfortune to be exposed to. Thank you for trying though.

Guest El Satanico

Where did the avalance of "well fuck you if you don't like mindless rock" and "fuck you if you want to talk about talented musicians instend of dime a dozen mindless rock" attitudes come from?

It makes no damn sense

Guest Fire and Knives
Where did the avalance of "well fuck you if you don't like mindless rock" and "fuck you if you want to talk about talented musicians instend of dime a dozen mindless rock" attitudes come from?

Mindless, dime a dozen people.

K.

Guest El Satanico

Mindless, dime a dozen people.

K.

good answer

Can we hunt them for sport?

Guest Fire and Knives

That's the thing. As a rule, I don't expend effort on people that annoy me. It feels like a waste of time I could be spending elsewhere.

Let's just mock them offhand and keep a tally.

K.

QUOTE (godthedog @ Sep 29 2003, 11:42 AM)

QUOTE (Your Paragon of Virtue @ Sep 28 2003, 06:06 PM)

QUOTE (godthedog @ Sep 28 2003, 03:16 PM)

a better question would be, what's so bad about the velvet underground? 

Nothing at all. Why bring it up.

Nanks' musical favourites include Saliva, Linkin Park, and Good Charlotte. 

he started a "recommend something to me" thread a while ago. i recommended "venus in furs" and he got righteously pissed off, calling it the most god-awful crap he'd ever heard. 

He was right.

Nanks, you can't ask this board about good MUSIC. If you wannt know about good NOISE then ask away.

Indeed. You want noise? we got noise. We got your death noise, gore noise, Black noise, grind noise, grinding black death gore noise, industrial noise, agoraphobic nosebleed 600BPM white noise, and the Pixies.

QUOTE (godthedog @ Sep 29 2003, 11:42 AM)

QUOTE (Your Paragon of Virtue @ Sep 28 2003, 06:06 PM)

QUOTE (godthedog @ Sep 28 2003, 03:16 PM)

a better question would be, what's so bad about the velvet underground? 

Nothing at all. Why bring it up.

Nanks' musical favourites include Saliva, Linkin Park, and Good Charlotte. 

he started a "recommend something to me" thread a while ago. i recommended "venus in furs" and he got righteously pissed off, calling it the most god-awful crap he'd ever heard. 

He was right.

Nanks, you can't ask this board about good MUSIC. If you wannt know about good NOISE then ask away.

Indeed. You want noise? we got noise. We got your death noise, gore noise, Black noise, grind noise, grinding black death gore noise, industrial noise, agoraphobic nosebleed 600BPM white noise, and the Pixies.

EXACTLY :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Agent of Oblivion

All of which is immensely better than Saliva. Saliva is a void of notes where music should be. You just don't like other things because it's not popular. That might not be the complete truth, but it's the image you're giving off.

As far as what band am I in, at the time it was called Inebriated, which pretty much explains our entire focus and goal at that point. We're not signed, and I don't make a dime off of my music. At no point did I claim I was a gifted virtuoso. I'm pretty damn good, but far from amazing. By asking this question, you're assuming that a band must be signed to be talented. That is a monumentally stupid idea.

All of which is immensely better than Saliva. Saliva is a void of notes where music should be. You just don't like other things because it's not popular. That might not be the complete truth, but it's the image you're giving off.

As far as what band am I in, at the time it was called Inebriated, which pretty much explains our entire focus and goal at that point. We're not signed, and I don't make a dime off of my music. At no point did I claim I was a gifted virtuoso. I'm pretty damn good, but far from amazing. By asking this question, you're assuming that a band must be signed to be talented. That is a monumentally stupid idea.

I thought he was kidding for a minute, but the fact that he was completely serious is a little scary. I'm too cynical to believe that someone can be so naive.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Which part's scary? The part where I can play any Saliva song with my eyes shut, given a moment to learn it, or the statement that there are good bands who aren't signed?

Theyre too generic...I havent liked 'color by numbers' since I was 6 years old so Im not going to appreciate that genre of music now.

Guest Choken One

Umm...They don't make it hard on you, You know the song before it even started...

Which part's scary? The part where I can play any Saliva song with my eyes shut, given a moment to learn it, or the statement that there are good bands who aren't signed?

I meant it's scary that the guy actually believes that if you're signed you're better than someone who isn't. Again, I'm too cynical to believe that someone could be so far behind in the game, so to speak.

Saliva got so watered down with their second batch of singles. "Always" and "Rest in Pieces" don't have the same bite that "Your Disease" and "Click, Click, Boom!" had. I haven't listened to their albums, I judge them merely on what I've heard on the radio (which hasn't been bad, and has established itself).

I know I've heard multiple Saliva songs now, but I know there's more than one where the singer complains about how other singers whine about how crummy their parents are, and how he never whines about that kind of thing in his music.

By mentioning that over and over, he's creating a second cliche for himself.

Guest Nanks

I can only think of that in one song. One reference. Click Click Boom from memory. I like that reference. That line pretty leads into him just saying the music is kick back and don't think music. I like that he doesn't pretend the music is anything more than it is

Guest El Satanico

I wonder why you only here such statements from bands with mediocre talent at best...

I can only think of that in one song. One reference. Click Click Boom from memory. I like that reference. That line pretty leads into him just saying the music is kick back and don't think music. I like that he doesn't pretend the music is anything more than it is

Superstar:

Cause I'm a superstar, baby.

No crying-ass bitching about my wife or girlfriend.

Cause in my life I can't have either one.

No crying-ass bitching about my evil parents.

They did their best to raise their only son.

That's the only two I've heard with my own ears. They may or may not be more.

I know I've heard multiple Saliva songs now, but I know there's more than one where the singer complains about how other singers whine about how crummy their parents are, and how he never whines about that kind of thing in his music.

By mentioning that over and over, he's creating a second cliche for himself.

So Saliva is kind of like an anti-smark?

Thus far, the only actual fans of Saliva that I've ever met are my uncle, who is the stereotypical gearhead, and my student-fornicating Algebra teacher.

Good company right there.