TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Eddie Guerrero get into a confrontation with a fan

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Pouring beer would be no different than pouring piss on him. It was done out of blatent disrespect. The fan deserved to be punched.

Guest Choken One

This is no different then when Steiner did it on regular basis in 1999.

Everyone criticized Steiner for chasing and attacking a Fan but here, we like Eddy so it's understanable.

BULLSHIT.

Eddy did something unprofessional, while he apoligized for it, It still doesn't erase the fact he was unprofessional. He deserves to be punished in some way.

Everyone criticized Steiner for chasing and attacking a Fan but here, we like Eddy so it's understanable.

BULLSHIT.

Eddy did something unprofessional, while he apoligized for it, It still doesn't erase the fact he was unprofessional. He deserves to be punished in some way.

No he doesn't.

Eddy was in the right here

Guest Mulatto Heat
No, but my job doesn't include wrestling in front of 45,000 people.

Eddie's doesn't either, at least not recently.

Jason

He should have put a dash in between the 4 and the 5.

Guest Choken One

BULLSHIT.

No he doesn't.

Eddy was in the right here

Baseball players get beer thrown at them and other assorted Cases...You don't see THEM attacking fans without getting the rightful punishment.

Eddy had a reason to attack but it's still unprofessional to attack a fan...Yes the guy deserved a beating but Eddy needs to remember he has to be a professional.

I agree with what Eddy did but he still needs to be punished here...Be it a Fine most likely.

Why should Eddy be punished?

He's a recovering alcoholic who has very strong feelings about alcohol- and some asshole pours beer on him.

In no way should he be fined

I love the Smark mentality. If HHH did this, everybody would be calling for his head. Meanwhile Eddy does it and it's understandable. Bullshit. He ran through the crowd, running after the fan and chasing him, and then started throwing punches. I mean, I like Eddy and all, but what an idiot; he should control his damn temper. I could see if he just turned around and popped him quickly or something like that, but to actually go out of his way to ignore his job (putting on the match in the ring), running through the crowd and leaving your partner and opponents high and dry in the ring is completely stupid, unproffesional, and irresponsible.

No...

If they did it to HHH, it'd be funny!

I don't know, I consider Vince chucking Gowan's cane into a woman's face to be a bigger deal and a better chance of suit, personally.

Eddy was provoked.

Yes, but Eddy's was intentional, Vinnie's was accidental.

As for Eddy...he deserves to be punished sure. But to all the guys saying he's wrong, I ask...

...can you blame him?

If some prat came up to you in the middle of the street with a bunch of mates and threw a beer over you, wouldn't you go after him (forgetting this is on the streets, so his friends would probably gang up and beat the shit out of you anyway)?

If you were a recovered alcoholic, wouldn't you be even more pissed? Exactly.

Eddie deserves a punishment, but he was justified in what he did damn it.

That woman who Vince accidently hit was also spoiled with WWE merchandise and heavily apologized to. It was enough to make me want front row tickets in the hopes that a wrestler would accidently knock me out.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Nothing will happen, this guy assaulted Eddie first. Sure it was only beer, but he violated any human's right by having something thrown at them.

Steiner would routinely get pissed at guys just for calling him a name or calling him out on roids. He had problems.

In this case Eddy was disrespected physically in a pre-meditated instance by some immature jackoff who couldn't handle his beer, so to speak, and wasn't happy just playfully heckling the wrestlers like a regular, well-behaving fan would be.

Honestly, while Eddy did break the flow of the match, I don't see as a whole how this is any different than a fan running in and getting clocked because of it.

The jackoff deserved what he got, and however much he paid for his ticket doesn't enable him to do stuff like this.

Eddie knows what he did was wrong and was remorseful. So why should he be punished for simply standing up for himself. Give him a talking to and that's it.

Just for the record, house show tickets are not expensive at all. My friend got front row tickets for the upcoming Manchester, NH house show for 33 bucks each.

Guest Choken One
Steiner would routinely get pissed at guys just for calling him a name or calling him out on roids. He had problems.

In this case Eddy was disrespected physically in a pre-meditated instance by some immature jackoff who couldn't handle his beer, so to speak, and wasn't happy just playfully heckling the wrestlers like a regular, well-behaving fan would be.

Honestly, while Eddy did break the flow of the match, I don't see as a whole how this is any different than a fan running in and getting clocked because of it.

The jackoff deserved what he got, and however much he paid for his ticket doesn't enable him to do stuff like this.

Eddie knows what he did was wrong and was remorseful. So why should he be punished for simply standing up for himself. Give him a talking to and that's it.

I'm not saying suspend him for 30 days or something...Just a fine.

I think they could use the situation to their advantage. They should do something similar as an angle on TV. Have a new wrestler debut by pouring beer on Eddie during a match. Eddie chases him and beats the crap out of him. Does the same apology afterwards but challenges the new guy to a match. The next week they have the match where the new guy is introduced. Eddie goes over, of course. Nothing big, just a storyline for two weeks to establish a new heel and get Eddie more over.

I think it would work well and further Eddie's connection with the fans on his way to the top.

"I'm not saying suspend him for 30 days or something...Just a fine."

But like I said... Eddie knew what he did was wrong and seemed remorseful about it. He apparently already feels like crap, and not to mention the incident brought back bad feelings about his previous alcohol abuse. So why pour salt on the wound?

I think they could use the situation to their advantage. They should do something similar as an angle on TV. Have a new wrestler debut by pouring beer on Eddie during a match. Eddie chases him and beats the crap out of him. Does the same apology afterwards but challenges the new guy to a match. The next week they have the match where the new guy is introduced. Eddie goes over, of course. Nothing big, just a storyline for two weeks to establish a new heel and get Eddie more over.

You know, that might offend some people, but that'd really work. Better than the vanilla debuts the OVWers usually get...not that it'd have to be an OVWer.

Perfect debut for clean cut CM Punk. :)

If the fan had accidentally poured his water/pop on Eddie and his friends all laughed at Eddie, whould he of still chased the fan? I wonder how much percentage chasing the fan had to do with beer being poured on him. Although, I really respect Eddie for cooling off enough to apologize to the fans and explain his side.

You know, that might offend some people, but that'd really work. Better than the vanilla debuts the OVWers usually get...not that it'd have to be an OVWer.

Perfect debut for clean cut CM Punk. :)

Nothing wrong with being a bit offensive/edgy. As long as it's not Katie Vick territory or anything. If Eddie's OK with it they should really do that.

You're right, CM Punk's character would be perfect for that.

Guest Anglesault

Hell, I'd have no problem with HHH beating the shit out of the guy.

I have ZERO tolerence for drunks who can't hold their alcohol.

Guest TheGame2705
Plus, I mean, Eddie is a recovering alcoholic - and he just got beer poured in his mouth by some asshole. The fan really should have gotten the shit beaten out of him. Total disrespect he showed and I'm glad he got some payback for it.

Scott Hall was put in a segment where he got doused profusely with alcohol and his problems are well documented. He was also trying to recover at the time.

Deal with it, ignore the distractions, and do your job. nWo, Bret Hart, Bischoff, Shawn Michaels, and others in their heel stages had drinks or trash bounce off them in the ring and they didn't go after the fans in the middle of an interview or match.

Guest BDC

I'm with Anglesault here. I wouldn't blame Trips for doing it and I don't blame Eddy. Throwing a cup at a guy in the ring is generally a sign of heel heat. This guy? Prick.

Will there be a lawsuit? I'm not sure. I wish I knew what the rules the WWE enforces at its events are. I do get the idea that something under that sort of capacity would fall under that jursidiction.

Guest Choken One
What about Paul London?

He could play that Jerk College Boy...

Isn't one Jerk College boy in WWE enough (Read: Nowinski)

Nowinski likely won't be in a ring for a long while and Besides He plays a Brainy Liberal Harvard Student...

I meant like London to be a Cocky Jock frat boy who has no relent for anything...

Guest Anglesault
I meant like London to be a Cocky Jock frat boy who has no relent for anything...

So, basically, he'd be like every other heel, except he'd wear a team jacket and a college ring.