TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toshiaki Koala

Best ending?

Guest wrestlingbs

Scarface. Tony goes out with a bang.

Although the movie sucked, Alien 3 had a very emotional ending.

And as for one of the worst endings, the Hulk had me laughing all the way home.

First time I saw Arlington Rd. I couldn't believe it ended like that.

Not many people have seen this movie but the ending stuck with me. The movies is:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Just the idea of a teacher playing Russian roulette with a student then the statistics at the end about the movie being written by a teacher, stuck with me

Deer Hunter had a pretty powerful ending.

Also gotta love the ending to From Dusk Till Dawn

Carlos' surprise appearance
and ofcourse cinema's all time classic stand off, to me atleast:

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

The quick cuts of the guns, the eyes, the hands, the score and then the quick shot form Eastwood killing Van Cleef

Recently, and I know I will get a load of crap for this, the ending to Episode II gave me chills. The whole "Begun this Clone War has" leading into the incredible "Across the Stars" music over the secret wedding... damn.

Guest Insanityman

Scarface, Fight Club, Se7en, I WOULD say The Sixth Sense but I figured it out about ten minutes 'fore it was revealed... wish I hadn't. Also Urban Legends: Final Cut HAS to be the worse ending of all time, making me laugh and laughing... then wonder what the fuck, then laugh. It's like a scooby doo TV show, I swear.

Scarface, Fight Club, Se7en, I WOULD say The Sixth Sense but I figured it out about ten minutes 'fore it was revealed... wish I hadn't. Also Urban Legends: Final Cut HAS to be the worse ending of all time, making me laugh and laughing... then wonder what the fuck, then laugh. It's like a scooby doo TV show, I swear.

It took you till the end to laugh unbearably at the end of that movie.

I mean, he was ACTUALLY the guys twin brother and it WASN'T a bullshit story he was telling. THat enough made me fall over in laughter.

I figured out Sixth Sense from the commercial(I swear some of my friends can attest to it) and was waiting for a big twist at the end and I was like.."I already knew that."

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Though there have been great ones since, I don't think there has ever been a shock twist ending like PLANET OF THE APES. Greatest damn twist ever.

The only thing that could've come close was if THE MATRIX was restructured so that the revelation of what The Matrix was was the final scene.

^ Rod Serling, in case anyone didn't know.

edit: MrZsasz is not Rod Serling. Rod Serling was responsible for Planet of the Apes. Just to clarify.

My overall favourite is Dr Strangelove, runners up would include:

Once Upon a Time in the West

Aguirre - the Wrath of God

Heat

La Dolce Vita

The Wild Bunch

Pierrot le Fou

Contempt

Heart of Glass

The Searchers

Throne of Blood

Witchfinder General

Guest Pigsy

The Long Good Friday.

The Italian Job. (I'm referring to the 1969 version starring Michael Caine, not the recent one).

The Long Good Friday.

Was just watching that the other nite, was going to add it myself. Bob Hoskin's acting in that scene is superb.

My own personal choice is Death in Venice, a haunting moving picture with the pefect climax, if heartbreaking.

Guest Insanityman

Ripper- Actually I wasn't believing my friends actually rented the movie.