TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheCrowCall

CD player in car?

Guest TheCrowCall

Hey all. I have a quick question...I got my driver's license last week, but I have neither a cassette player nor CD player in my car. My question is: if I got a car adapter that plugs into the car's cigarette lighter and the other end plugs into my Discman portable CD player, would the sound play through the car's system (like the AM/FM car radio currently does), or would I have to get seperate speakers for my Discman CD player in order to hear the CD's and adjust the volume? Thanks so much to all who reply!

~ Pac

Hey all. I have a quick question...I got my driver's license last week, but I have neither a cassette player nor CD player in my car. My question is: if I got a car adapter that plugs into the car's cigarette lighter and the other end plugs into my Discman portable CD player, would the sound play through the car's system (like the AM/FM car radio currently does), or would I have to get seperate speakers for my Discman CD player in order to hear the CD's and adjust the volume? Thanks so much to all who reply!

~ Pac

You'll need the separate speakers.

Guest El Satanico

Buy a cheap radio with a cassete player and buy a cassete adapter for the CD player. Or go to flea markets and find a cheap car CD player. You should be able to find an older one for a good price.

Guest El Satanico

Yeah if it's something decent...it's an unspoken law at flea markets.

You can still get the occasional old and long out of date model that's legit, because not enough people would be interested in it to make it worth stealing.

Guest Choken One

I brought a BRAND new Cd player at a Flea Market for 105 bucks with all the papers and licenses(for the company)...I saw the EXACT same cd player at Wal-Mart for 150 bucks...

It's a tight ass motherfucker...

Flea Markets are great source for cheap shit...the whole "It's stolen" is bullshit myth...

Guest El Satanico

No one said all flea market dealers get the units from guys who rip them out of cars.

Having all the papers with it doesn't always mean they got it by legit means, just means they have better connections than the ripped out of a car guys. However, none of that matters to a flea market shopper so giddy up.