TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

News on new WWE DVDs...

This is from 411Mania:

WWE has a few new DVDs in the works including: a new 2 disc set focusing on Mick Foley, a new DVD on Kurt Angle, and a new DVD focusing on the infamous Monday Night Wars between RAW and Nitro

Another Foley disc seems odd, since he already has one and isn't even on the regular roster anymore.

Kurt Angle should be good.

Monday Night Wars could be GREAT if they remain somewhat unbaised with the history, which of course they won't

I suspect a Best of Bret DVD to be released sometime around WrestleMania XX or whenever he gives his farewell speech

This is from 411Mania:

WWE has a few new DVDs in the works including: a new 2 disc set focusing on Mick Foley, a new DVD on Kurt Angle, and a new DVD focusing on the infamous Monday Night Wars between RAW and Nitro

I would so buy all of those. Especially the first and last one.

The Foley set would probably be one in the From The Vault series, with some of his WCW and ECW stuff.

Guest Ray
a new 2 disc set focusing on Mick Foley

That could be good...hopefully they put his WCW work (vs. Sting, etc...) on there, and not just a dozen matches with Undertaker. ;)

a new DVD focusing on the infamous Monday Night Wars between RAW and Nitro

Would we get matches, or lame bio crap about how superior WWF was to WCW?

I'd like to see some classic raw matches, such as the 5/25/97 tag on DVD.

Guest Choken One

WWE is starting to "FEEL IT" with the dvd's here

The HBK/REY DVDs...The Upcoming Flair 3 Disc and now a likely FROM THE VAULT for Foley, Angle will likely get a "special" dvd ala Rock and Austin and Brock where it focus on THE PERSON, likely will have Alot about his family and his WMXIX injury and surgery footage and The Monday Night Wars should be interesting to see how much history is altered...

NOW, they're finally turning it up as far as DVDs are concerned. I've been dying for an Angle DVD, and newstory style DVD's like the Monday Night Wars.

I'd still like to see a series of DVD's for each year. (IE) Like a Best of 2000 DVD, featuring all the best matches, angles, interviews and stories of that year.

Guest Username

yesssssssss, an Angle DVD...i've been waiting for one.

has there been an Angle DVD released already that i'm not aware of? if so, can anyone link me please?

i'd also like a Benoit DVD...Eddie Guerrero DVD...Ultimo Dragon DVD...if you know of any good sites..please...feel free to link.

has there been an Angle DVD released already that i'm not aware of? if so, can anyone link me please?

i'd also like a Benoit DVD...Eddie Guerrero DVD...Ultimo Dragon DVD...if you know of any good sites..please...feel free to link.

A Benoit DVD and an Eddy DVD are still a ways away yet.....

and an Ultimo DVD?

:lol:

I'd still like to see a series of DVD's for each year. (IE) Like a Best of 2000 DVD, featuring all the best matches, angles, interviews and stories of that year.

They have released Best of 99, 00, and 01 VHS/DVD's. Don't know if they are full matches, though.

Guest Coffey
This is from 411Mania:

Dude, why is the quote from my sig on a random t-shirt in your sig?

A Foley DVD would be great, if the right matches are on it. Besides any matches we've already seen on other DVDs (vs. HBK @ Mind Games), there could be stuff like

- 1st Title win from The Rock (RAW Dec. 1998)

- Cactus Jack debut vs. HHH (RAW Sept. 1997)

- Dude Love debut vs. Bulldog & Owen (RAW July 1997)

- Mankind's debut after WM XII

- HIAC, Cactus Jack vs. HHH (No Way Out 2000)

- Boiler Room Brawl vs. Undertaker (Summerslam 1996)

The only problem would be the WWF scratch logo in some of the matches.

I'm going to put a pre-emptive Bullshit down on whatever they say in the Monday Night Wars DVD.

Things they'll need to cover to keep up continuity:

1. Bret Hart Killed WCW.

2. If Eric Bischoff had been able to get HHH (nevermind that he had him and let him walk...and Austin...and Foley) WCW would have won the war.

3. Depending on if he's working for the company or not at that time...Hulk Hogan not only came up with the NWO angle...but also explained to Vince why buying WCW would be a good investment.

Guest MikeSC
I'm going to put a pre-emptive Bullshit down on whatever they say in the Monday Night Wars DVD.

Things they'll need to cover to keep up continuity:

1. Bret Hart Killed WCW.

2. If Eric Bischoff had been able to get HHH (nevermind that he had him and let him walk...and Austin...and Foley) WCW would have won the war.

3. Depending on if he's working for the company or not at that time...Hulk Hogan not only came up with the NWO angle...but also explained to Vince why buying WCW would be a good investment.

2.  If Eric Bischoff had been able to get HHH (nevermind that he had him and let him walk...and Austin...and Foley) WCW would have won the war.

Wouldn't HHH be more along the lines of the talent he let get away? Heck, mention Rey and ALL of the former WCW'ers in the WWE now.

Hey, it's Vince --- HE CAN MAKE UP HIS OWN HISTORY!!!

I'm almost hoping for a "Behind the Music" kind of thing, with Eric breaking down in tears a few times.

"Then Nash poked Hogan in the chest and pinned him for the World Title. Everybody thought it was planned. It wasn't. Nash is JUST THAT TOUGH. He's my hero. *sniff*"

-=Mike

Guest Choken One

I believe one of the things that people enjoyed about Have a Nice Day was the large amount of time spoken about WCW and ECW, now they have the video evidence to show us...

They should show the Sting Match, The Vader HH Match (I believe the Ear Multilation isn't on video anywhere) along with other matches he mentioned in the book, I believe Foley also owns some of his international Footage so include that...

We saw his "GREATEST" match of his career on the first dvd, let's show the matches that made his legancy of the hardcore legend what it was...

Guest Username

has there been an Angle DVD released already that i'm not aware of?  if so, can anyone link me please?

and an Ultimo DVD?

yea why not?

obviously i'm not asking for a new WWE Ultimo Dragon DVD seeing as he only debuted this year and is receiving no push whatsoever right now.

i'm asking if there's any Ultimo DVD's at all...even if it's really old...he had great matches in the wCw and in japan...there's more than enough matches to make a DVD out of.

(I believe the Ear Multilation isn't on video anywhere)

It is. It's on a handheld, so of course WWE won't use it, but it is out there on video.

They better have Foleys ECW promos in it...

"So then one day I got a phone-call from Ted Turner and he said to me 'I wanna destroy that damned Vince McMahon, but I don't know how to do it... so I want you to take all this money and steal his best wrestlers and make a promotion and I will give you a show on Monday Night to compete with him and we will steal more wrestlers and I will just sufficate him with all my money until he dies' and I said 'ok' and the deal was made... the Monday Night Wars began, for a few weeks we were winning but then Vince with his Attitude and fresh, new approach to doing things and our own incompetency mixed with with Bret Hart sucking us dry... it was over before it began, really."

-Eric's-Vinces-Bitchoff.

has there been an Angle DVD released already that i'm not aware of?  if so, can anyone link me please?

and an Ultimo DVD?

yea why not?

obviously i'm not asking for a new WWE Ultimo Dragon DVD seeing as he only debuted this year and is receiving no push whatsoever right now.

i'm asking if there's any Ultimo DVD's at all...even if it's really old...he had great matches in the wCw and in japan...there's more than enough matches to make a DVD out of.

Obviously, I have a lot of Ultimo stuff on tape. But are you asking for the WWE to release an Ultimo DVD, when you yourself said he is recieving no push whatsoever?

I have a better chance of getting a DVD than Ultimo.

and an Ultimo DVD?

Ultimo DVD? Shit, I dunno if he's even gonna get a t-shirt.

I believe one of the things that people enjoyed about Have a Nice Day was the large amount of time spoken about WCW and ECW, now they have the video evidence to show us...

They should show the Sting Match, The Vader HH Match (I believe the Ear Multilation isn't on video anywhere) along with other matches he mentioned in the book, I believe Foley also owns some of his international Footage so include that...

We saw his "GREATEST" match of his career on the first dvd, let's show the matches that made his legancy of the hardcore legend what it was...

Well Mick Foley spoke about his matches vs Terry Funk on the Hardcore DVD and I would like to see those matches in its complete greatness. Halloween Havoc was a great gimmick match but the ending was a let down. Maybe they could show some of his matches as Cactus Jack Manson from early in his career.

The MNW DVD could be cool as long as they fill it with all the semi-shoot stuff like the DX Invasion of Nitro and the CNN Center, Bischoff giving away the results of RAW on the air ("pins the big guy with 3 superkicks"), X-Pacs return interview, etc.

Guest Burning Hammer

There is a kickass DVD of Foley's ECW days already out. The best of Cactus Jack, its got 210 minutes of footage on it and it covers a ton of great stuff which you can find here. http://www.uln.com/cgi-bin/vlink/flypage-i...E&imageType=dvd

I'm hoping the new dvd set will cover his NWA days which haven't been covered in DVD format before, plus his early WWF days would be good as well.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Foley's is a must buy for me. I don't see how the ECW Best Of can be improved on, though, not to mention it's pretty much his whole ECW career. I just want these in particular:

Vs Sting, Falls Count Anywhere

Vs Vader at Havoc

Vs Funk on RAW

Vs HHH in the Cell

That'd do it for me, plus the other shit.

The Monday Night Wars could be good as it pretains to matches. If they have the crucial/good stuff, then i'm fine. The famous Anderson retirement/parody stuff, Benoit/Hart in the tribute match, Flair/Sting on the final Nitro, a good Austin/McMahon-related match, a lot of the DX stuff-there's a lot they could do that i'd like. That said, it's just going to be the Confidential on the death of WCW with an extra of the simulcast.

Guest Username

"obviously i'm not asking for a new WWE Ultimo Dragon DVD"

i clearly said i wasn't asking for a WWE Ultimo DVD because that's not gonna happen.

i'm asking for any DVD or VHS even that has been released in the past that i'm not aware of.

same deal with benoit and eddie...any DVD or VHS that has been released in the past...

Guest Goodear

I'm personally a little sick of Mick Foley DVDs since they seem to be everywhere all the time. I'm rather surprised that Austin and Rock haven't gotten the big 'all their best matches' DVDs considering their popularity and performances.

They have my money on all those releases as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully they'll announce release dates soon and match lists, but I'm still waiting for that on Flair's DVD and the Cage Matches DVD, even though I already pre-ordered both.

I believe it's only a matter of time for Bret Hart's DVD, and hopefully a Benoit DVD (every smart mark's wet dream.)