TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

Updated Preview For 10/8

NWA CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

CHAMPION AJ STYLES VS. THE AMERICAN DREAM DUSTY RHODES

As we went off the air on Wednesday, tempers flared on all sides as Styles and Rhodes agreed on a title match this week! Russo and Styles had a war of words, with the champ even slapping his manager - not to mention Jarrett taking offense to Rhodes putting his dream of another NWA Title reign ahead of his own October 22 bout...leading to a near-shoving match netween the two!

Can The American Dream win the gold one last time? Are there cracks in the Russo-Styles alliance? And what does this all mean to Jarrett's pending title bout against Styles on October 22? Tune in this Wednesday night!

RAVEN'S ROAD TO REDEMPTION BEGINS...

According to TNA officials, Raven has demanded a match against one of Father James Mitchell's New Church members this Wednesday night. As Raven said last week, he's going to do whatever it takes to get to Mitchell...until they are the last two standing. As a result, Raven will be in action this Wednesday - but Mitchell will certainly have something up his demonic sleeve for his nemesis.

X CHAMPIONSHIP VS. SUPER X TROPHY MATCH

CHAMPION MICHAEL SHANE VS. SUPER X WINNER CHRIS SABIN

This past Wednesday, Chris Sabin went to great lengths to get another shot at the X gold, ultimately costing Jerry Lynn his match with Shane and challenging the champion to a match this Wednesday- even putting his Super X trophy on the line against Shane's title! Whoever wins this bout between the top X superstars will hold both the X Championship and the Super X Trophy!

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED VS. KID KASH AND ABYSS

SPECIAL REFEREE: TERRY TAYLOR

Kash and Abyss were able to upend AMW this past week thanks to a steel chair, and then destroyed Terry Taylor for attempting to get the referee to reverse the decision. As a result, NWA Director of Authority Erik Watts is returning the high-octane bout, this time with Taylor as special guest referee!

D'LO BROWN AND NWA SECURITY CHRIS VAUGHN VS. TNA MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT DON CALLIS' TNA SECURITY

Callis' security monsters, Kevin Northcutt and Ryan Wilson, already put one NWA Security member in Rick Santel out of action - and now they aim to finish the job this Wednesday. However, D'Lo Brown has stepped up to the plate and joined Vaughn - out for revenge after being thrown out this past week by Callis!

"THE FUTURE" FRANKIE KAZARIAN VS. THE FALLEN ANGEL CHRIS DANIELS

In addition to the X Title match, fans of the high-flying action will also see Kazarian take on Daniels this Wednesday night. Daniels, who hasn't faced an X style competitor in some time, will have to turn it up a notch against Kazarian!

SIX-MAN ELIMINATION MATCH

NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS SIMON DIAMOND AND JOHNNY SWINGER WITH GLENN GILBERTI VS. 3 LIVE KRU

With the return of Johnny Swinger to Gilberti's crew after a one-week absence, the champs are ready to finally compete as a unified wrestling machine against Konnan, Truth and BG. Only this time - it's elimination rules. Once you're pinned, you're out!

Guest Salacious Crumb

Looks like a decent enough show.

Hopefully Sabin's getting the X Division Title back.

Ugh...why does TNA insist on making me not care about Christopher Daniels? First a horrible program with Jeff Jarrett, and now a match with "The Future Of Vanilla" Frankie Kazarian? God DAMN...

Guest Salacious Crumb

What's so bad about Daniels getting built up by beating some lower card guys?

Guest Basswitch

Whats bad about it is the fact that whenever TNA does this they end up... ruining people.

Guest Goodear
Who did they ruin?

Seems like you could make an argument for D'Lo, Killings and maybe, sort of kind of, Raven.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Raven's still the most over guy on the roster.

Killings has found an interesting niche with 3 Live Krew.

D'Lo is beyond me.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

They may have had some troubles with properly building guys in the past (D-Lo being the prime example), but I'm going to withhold judgement for a couple of weeks. Something tells me the booking is going to be a whole lot better from here on out, what with the power shake-ups going on and all. Last week wasn't particularly good, but it at least felt like they are planning on building from nearly everything that happened on the show, which is a lot better than the napkin style of booking, if you get my meaning.

I haven't ordered NWA in months but I'm curious. If Jarrett has a set title shot for Oct 22,why is he pissed at Rhodes? Because he doesn't want to potentially face him or just because he's getting a title shot before him?

They did a segment on Xplosion that kind of explained that.

They went with Jarrett being unsure about the status of HIS title shot now that Dusty grabbed one.

Watts assured him that he'd get it either way.

What they'll end up doing though, started last week.

Russo told Jarrett not to trust Dusty and Dusty asking for the match to be for the title knowing that his "friend" has a shot coming up kind of plays into that. The seeds are being sown for Jarrett's overdue heel turn...and with Styles smacking down Russo and (in another angle from Xplosion) telling him that he needed the match with Dusty because he's been embarrased and that he'd go against russo to do it...they'll probably do a double turn with Styles going face.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I feel a JJ turn tonight. Don't think it's a good idea, but I feel it.