TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

WWE's saddest sight

Guest Sakura

Yeah, Pepper wasn't shocking either. The Bossman angles had to have been campy on purpose. There is no way they booked that stuff to seriously be offensive and emotional.

Crips and the dummy is just dumb, not offensive.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
And there was manipulation with Hogan too: He never lost, and who is gonna boo a guy with "Real American" as his theme song?

Um, I don't know, maybe everyone not from America. Ya know, all 5+ billion of us.

Yeah, when the WWF/WWE comes to you guys more then twice a year (except you people in Canada who cheer Hogan ANYWAY) maybe someone will give a damn what you think.

Oh and there aren't 1 Billion people in the United States, there's only 365 Million or so.

That's why I said 5+, not 5.

But since there are like 8 Billion people now... wouldn't it be 7+ Billion people who aren't as good as us?

Mae Young - Everything involving her. Whether it was showing her tits, having sex with Mark Henry, or giving birth to hands.

Supernatural powers - Remember when Taker could levitate and disappear? Not to mention Kane controlling lighting and starting fires with his mind...

those are def my top 2 choices

Guest Redhawk

Don't forget Vince and Shane's supernatural powers: They can life briefcases with their minds.

The 9/13 Smackdown.

Two days after the worst terrorist attack in history, Vince McMahon decides that the WWF was a key factor in America "getting back to normal". I never knew wrestling was such a big part of the American identity, did you?

Of course, there was Stephanie's comments, which I think pissed off everyone. Makes me wonder if Vince really did raise his kids to believe that the U.S. government are really terrorist in suits.

Either that, or Stephanie is truly a damn moron....

-Ben

Austin "crying" for Kurt Angle in 2001.

:lol:

Of course, Austin fans didn't like it, but I thought that whole segment was funny as fuck.

Guest Redhawk

It's not the saddest thing I've seen, but Triple H blatantly ripping off Million Dollar Man's character and catchphrases is pretty annoying and shows how uncreative the creative team is.

Oh yeah, unwanted appearances from The Flabulous Moolah and Mae Old also go on the list.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Whatever the crap, no pun intended, happened at this week's (10/7/03 tape date) Smackdown has to also be mentioned. I haven't even seen it yet and it easily looks like a candidate for this list.

Jason

It's not the saddest thing I've seen, but Triple H blatantly ripping off Million Dollar Man's character and catchphrases is pretty annoying and shows how uncreative the creative team is.

I felt like Triple H was coming off more as an infomercial to make more money at home.

Naked Mideon....who was the brillant person who thought up THAT gimmick?

Guest JMA
Oh, and the Bossman's angles in the Attitude era if anything ENHANCE his legacy as the Ed Wood of professional wrestling. You just don't get it, man. There comes a point where it becomes so outragous that you can't take it seriously THAT'S what this was. It wasn't relaistic it was never presented as such. It wasn't about "shock value" it was about CAMP value.

You have a point. But then again, I HATE camp.

A new saddest sight is about to come to pass this week on Smackdown. Just read the spoilers and pay close attention to the description of Lesnar's match. :angry:

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Don't forget Vince and Shane's supernatural powers: They can life briefcases with their minds.

I thought it went unsaid that Bossman did that shit.

2003 > 2002?

Father/Daughter I Quit-Incest Match > Necrophilia ?

I don't know. I guess it's a matter of opinion.

I'm still blown away that Vince signed Goldberg before Sting. Sting is getting into the Senior Citizen league kinda quick, but Goldberg represents a REALLY BAD ERA. The first Sting/Hogan match was the point where everything started going wrong.

Goldberg represented a climax in WCW. One of the most over guys in the HISTORY of Pro. Wrestling finally got the world title July 6th, 1998. The ratings durring his reign for the RAW/Nitro war went back and forth every few weeks. The WCW product as a whole had began, and had been for a while, declining while WWF was improving. The strength that WCW had, was weakening, but that was because of the overall product, and the failure to pay off the nWo.

The fans loved Goldberg, there is no way that anyone can deny that.

The moment that WCW started going wrong, was the night at Starcade 1998. The very MOMENT that Kevin Nash pinned WCW's so-called "golden boy", was the moment that WCW died. It was one of the most pointless things in the history of WCW, and it had the biggest effect. After Kevin Nash won the title, the ratings started a serious slide, and they NEVER improved.

Not only that, but having Nash just GIVE the title to Hulk Hogan shortly after didn't help at all. After building up Goldberg for so long, after WCW finally found something the fans cared about once again, they had Nash beat him with a flawed cheating victory, which meant nothing. After Nash FINALLY beat him, just handing the belt to Hogan was very sad.

Had WCW allowed Goldberg to truly continue being the champion for a while, and promote some sort of huge Benoit/Goldberg (after proper promotion obviously) or a Bret/Goldberg match in which Goldberg lost, I firmly believe that WCW would still be alive today.

So there. :P

off topic...the last monday night that wcw had higher ratings was the night after halloween havoc that they replayed the ddp/goldberg match