TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Attention Tim Cooke

Tim, after coming to the conclusion that the so called "evidence" against you was false, I am reinstating you back here at TSM. There was a rush to judgment without getting clear facts and for that, I, as well as the rest of the TSM staff apologize to you.

Tim Cooke has done no wrong doing and therefore, if he is harrassed by members about this incident (where he allegedly "ratted out" TSM to RF) then it shall be considered flamebaiting.

Also, due to the fact that he made a bad call and has limited online capabilities, Jingus has decided to step down as a Moderator here at TSM. Taking his place shall be Zack Malibu, who I believe I can trust to be a fair and impartial Mod.

Once again Tim, I apologize for everything that has taken place in the past week or so and you are welcome here once again. Please contact me personally if you need anything.

Dames

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Zack's a mod now instead of Jingus?

He should make a really overblown post about someone in NHB, to totally fill in the Jingus position. Also, does this mean that we can fuck with Jingus as much as we want, provided its in the proper location? I think it does.

Zack's never shown himself to be a pantywaist, or a ban-happy taint. My overwhelming indifference to the chap in general is resounding in approval.

Good show, Dames.

You could have trusted me, Dames. :(

Just kidding, I think Zack will be a good mod. Jingus was a good mod, as well. So he was wrong about Cooke...last time I checked, we were all entitled to be wrong once in a while. Banky was wrong about Johnson hacking his computer, and we all forgave him...so I think Jingus should be forgiven too.

Well, this was something unexpected. When I came onto TSM and saw myself as a moderator, the first thing I thought was "EQ got ahold of Dames' account again", heh.

You know me well enough Dames. I'll keep everyone in line while staying in line myself. Thanks for the chance.

Plus, I know with our OAOAST ties and all, Zack will put in a good word for me next time something like this happens.

*slips $20 bill into Zack's coat pocket*

Well, this was something unexpected. When I came onto TSM and saw myself as a moderator, the first thing I thought was "EQ got ahold of Dames' account again", heh.

You know me well enough Dames. I'll keep everyone in line while staying in line myself. Thanks for the chance.

Does this mean any SBTB thread automatically gets pinned?

Alf-

I think Jingus also quit b/c of limited comp access

Well, this was something unexpected.  When I came onto TSM and saw myself as a moderator, the first thing I thought was "EQ got ahold of Dames' account again", heh.

You know me well enough Dames.  I'll keep everyone in line while staying in line myself.  Thanks for the chance.

Does this mean any SBTB thread automatically gets pinned?

Alf-

I think Jingus also quit b/c of limited comp access

All SBTB and OC threads automatically get pinned. All hail Zack, well deserved.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

meh.

Jingus ownz.

I'm glad Zack's a mod and all...but still. meh.

To start: my resignation wasn't a "punishment" or anything like that. In fact, it was I who asked to quit, and I asked for one very simple reason:

I fucked up.

Yeah, I haven't been online much in the past few months, but that's far from the main reason why. I still cleaned up junk threads, deleted double posts, banned trolls, all the usual stuff that mods do. I didn't do as much as the others, but I still carried my share of the load.

Tim, I owe you a very large and very sincere apology. You were falsely accused of an action you didn't enact, and were banned and had your reputation stained because of it. And quite simply, it was my fault entirely. Sure, there were several people in the chain of misinformation, but I have to take full responsibility for being the one who went to Dames asking for you to be banned. After some reflection, I realized why this whole mess happened, and why I am totally to blame:

I didn't like Tim.

I personally didn't like him. I thought him to be hostile and condescending. And when I was told that Tim had supposedly done something wrong, with only unsubstantiated hearsay to back up that allegation, I was far too willing to believe that "Yeah, I can easily see that asshole doing something like that."

Or, to put it another way, what if the reverse of this situation occured? What if Tim came to me with a flimsy case against a poster who was a friend of mine and demanded their head? I would've completely blown it off. I would've lied to Tim, claimed to be looking into it seriously, and then a few days later come back with some half-assed "well, there's no real evidence" excuse and dropped the whole thing. I would have been derelect in my duty as a moderator because of my personal feelings for the members involved.

And THAT RIGHT THERE is why I've resigned my position as a moderator at TSM. For all the complaining some people have done about the "Message to Jubuki" debacle, that thread was made fully within the rules of this website. My immoral treatment of Tim Cooke far surpassed that in terms of unethical behavior, and is probably the worst thing I've ever done on this website.

I'm not leaving the boards. I'll still be here, posting my opinion on various subjects. But I don't trust myself with a position of leadership and accountability any more. And Tim, if I ever meet you in person, I certainly owe you a drink.

I was about to say the same thing.

That was very classy of you, Jingus. Most people will never admit they make a mistake, never mind a message board mod.

I would hope that Tim has the class to accept your apology.

I disagree with the naming of Zack as a mod.

I mean, we can't let someone who would willingly choose to cheer for a team like the New York Rangers make important decisions on the board.

Also, he doesn't live on the west coast.

WAIT A MINUTE!

Zack is a Rangers fan?????

Dames- you made a horrible decision. I have no faith in Zack as a mod.

Tis a terrible day in TSM history

WAIT A MINUTE!

Zack is a Rangers fan?????

Dames- you made a horrible decision. I have no faith in Zack as a mod.

Tis a terrible day in TSM history

Ahem...WHO puts up with Douglas putdowns 24/7 when he's actually on AIM?

I tolerate your hatred for him. Tolerate my love for the NYR.

I tolerate your hatred for him. Tolerate my love for the NYR.

6 years is a long time eh Zack?

Everytime Zack looks at a certain autograph he got- He knows he cannot ban me.

I tolerate your hatred for him.  Tolerate my love for the NYR.

6 years is a long time eh Zack?

Everytime Zack looks at a certain autograph he got- He knows he cannot ban me.

This is true.

Barron has an in with the mods. Let no one fuck with him.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood
So... does that mean ShooterJay is banned?

You'd like that, wouldn't you Rant? :P I'm going NOWHERE sucka. Especially now that the new mod is one of my good friends.

I settled this with Tim privately via email,- although I had to deal with the usual infantile crap from the basement creature (Jubuki) first,- so hopefully this won't get brought up again and it's water under the bridge. In the end, this wasn't much different from Banky thinking Johnson hacked his computer, a big misunderstanding that was entirely my fault due to being misinformed. I would like to apologize sincerely and wholeheartedly also to Jingus for getting him involved in this, when a friend gets hurt, you lash out indiscriminately and sometimes a price gets paid, it's a fault everybody has.

And hey, I'm really happy Zack got modded, he deserves it, he loves this site more than anyone I know and he'll do an awesome job.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
You're just upset you didn't get it.

nah. I've said hundreds of times that I'd never want to be a mod at TSM. I was content modding the OAOAST and I'm content as just a normal poster.

And alot of people would spaze if I had real power. there's already enough conspiracy theories about how much "Pull" I have. ALl of them are wrong though. Dames hates me.

You see we actually know each other. We attended summer camp together. While there a poor husky Dames fell in love with the pretty Beulah and I, being a masculine Canadian stole her away from him and broke his poor heart for life.

aww crap...

This means Zack's getting another world title push in the oaoast now

he's like our freaking jeff jarrett

No offense, BPP, but wasn't like, you know, Zack Malibu, like, you know, already, the Rockish in overness? Cause you know, he doesn't like, you know, lose overness ever.

You know it's true.