TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justsoyouknow

Party Music

I'm having a double kegger at my house on Friday, and I need to make a mixed CD for the event. My question to you is, what kind of music suits the "party" atmosphere? Any help would be appreciated.

You can never go wrong with some retro classics. Mickey, My Sharona, Centrefold, Video Killed The Radio Star etc. almost always work. But it can depend on the type of people going to your party and other things like that. But I always rely on 80s pop.

Guest Choken One

Shadows Fall

Killswitch Engage

Black Label Soceity

That shit is PARTY music my friend.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Clutch

Mr. Bungle

Beastie Boys

Some decent drinkin' selections that about anyone can tolerate.

Ugh, HHH are hella overrated. Everybody acts like they're the future of Canuck Rock. Not bad but not Gods, either. I'm sick of the emo kids pimpin' them.

I don't know about in the USA, but up here in the great white north nothin' gets people singing and dancingly drunkenly like The Tragically Hip.

Guest El Satanico
I don't know about in the USA, but up here in the great white north nothin' gets people singing and dancingly drunkenly like The Tragically Hip.

Like it's hard to get Canadians to drink. Other than hunting, fishing and hockey there's nothing else to do up there.

Ugh, HHH are hella overrated. Everybody acts like they're the future of Canuck Rock. Not bad but not Gods, either. I'm sick of the emo kids pimpin' them.

Emo kids are into them now? Ahhhh.

I'm not a huge fan of them really, but I dig the new single, and all of their songs fit the party mood.

Oh, and The Hip suck . The epitome of over-rated (in Canada at least) :D

*Bug eyed look*

The Hip SUCK? Are you fucking Canadian? I can see why you'd think that thought, as most Matt Good marks are Hip haters. I happed to be a huge MG mark but also love the Hip.

*Bug eyed look*

The Hip SUCK? Are you fucking Canadian? I can see why you'd think that thought, as most Matt Good marks are Hip haters. I happed to be a huge MG mark but also love the Hip.

I just don't really see all the hoopla around them. I can't stand Gord Downie's voice, and the music I find uninspiring. There's dozens of other better Canadian bands out there.

Guest Xstasy

Man... you people sure do pick some obscure party music!

If this is a party with more mainstream type of people (i.e. "sheep like me"), I would suggest giving in to the sins of MTV music and playing some Top 40 stuff. If its just to get the party jumpin', and get some clothes off, why not. Come to the darkside!

Man... you people sure do pick some obscure party music!

If this is a party with more mainstream type of people (i.e. "sheep like me"), I would suggest giving in to the sins of MTV music and playing some Top 40 stuff. If its just to get the party jumpin', and get some clothes off, why not. Come to the darkside!

*plays "In Tha Club" for Xstasy*

:ph34r: