TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Askewniverse

The One and Only Smallville Thread

Guest Askewniverse
And who thought the cape premonition bit was VERY, VERY cool?

Yeah, that was awesome. Then again, I think that just about any major Superman reference is cool.

I'm starting to think that Adam is Bruce Wayne, as several people have suggested.

Guest EQ
I'm starting to think that Adam is Bruce Wayne, as several people have suggested.

Anyone notice that when they showed Lex's computer screen, we saw that Adam's supposed last name is "Knight" as in "The Dark Knight"?

Although, it bothers me that he said to Lex that his parents would have killed for a nice piano. If he really is Bruce Wayne, wouldn't his parents have had enough money to buy a phat piano seeing as how they were billionaires?

Guest Askewniverse

Damn, I didn't see that one coming at all.

Next week, it's Smallville meets the Fast and the Furious.

Guest EQ

That was the same way Jonathan Kent died in the first Superman movie. It looked like a heart attack. Although, they didn't specifically show him being dead, so it could have been a swerve. Besides, next week's episode doesn't look like it addresses the issue at all judging by the preview

Anyone notice that when they showed Lex's computer screen, we saw that Adam's supposed last name is "Knight" as in "The Dark Knight"?

Although, it bothers me that he said to Lex that his parents would have killed for a nice piano. If he really is Bruce Wayne, wouldn't his parents have had enough money to buy a phat piano seeing as how they were billionaires?

I don't think Adam's Bruce Wayne, maybe something to do with Lionel and the clones from last year?

Guest EQ

I don't think Adam's Bruce Wayne, maybe something to do with Lionel and the clones from last year?

I agree. It's an interesting theory, but I don't really think it's him. There are a lot of similarities between the two characters, though.

Dead parents

Really smart

Martial arts

Good with computers

etc

All that plus the fact that the producers/writers or whoever it was said that Bruce Wayne *would* appear on Season 3, but I always envisioned a one-episode cameo type thing.

That was the same way Jonathan Kent died in the first Superman movie. It looked like a heart attack. Although, they didn't specifically show him being dead, so it could have been a swerve. Besides, next week's episode doesn't look like it addresses the issue at all judging by the preview

However, the previews have been deceptive lately.

Like the one a couple weeks back that made Adam look like another "guy who controls Lana" type, and it wasn't that at all.

Guest Askewniverse

Yeah, I thought that was kinda weird. I'm going to start taking the previews with a grain of salt, since they can be very misleading.

Guest EQ
That was the same way Jonathan Kent died in the first Superman movie.  It looked like a heart attack.  Although, they didn't specifically show him being dead, so it could have been a swerve.  Besides, next week's episode doesn't look like it addresses the issue at all judging by the preview

Yeah, I thought that was kinda weird. I'm going to start taking the previews with a grain of salt, since they can be very misleading.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing myself. Although, this specific time, the thing with Jonathan Kent seems to be important enough that the very next episode wouldn't be something like what they showed in the preview, you know? I imagine that he'll end up in the hospital with the doctor telling him he had a heart attack, etc. Clark will have some kind of "what if I couldn't save him" revelation and then the Fast and the Furious with meteor rocks will start.

Of course, I could be very wrong. I for one do not want Jonathan Kent to die.

Guest Askewniverse
That was the same way Jonathan Kent died in the first Superman movie.  It looked like a heart attack.  Although, they didn't specifically show him being dead, so it could have been a swerve.  Besides, next week's episode doesn't look like it addresses the issue at all judging by the preview

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing myself. Although, this specific time, the thing with Jonathan Kent seems to be important enough that the very next episode wouldn't be something like what they showed in the preview, you know? I imagine that he'll end up in the hospital with the doctor telling him he had a heart attack, etc. Clark will have some kind of "what if I couldn't save him" revelation and then the Fast and the Furious with meteor rocks will start.

I think that's exactly what will happen. I can't see the writers killing off a major character just like that.

I for one do not want Jonathan Kent to die.

Same here. I know that he dies eventually in the Superman mythos, but the show wouldn't be the same without him.

Guest EQ

I think that's exactly what will happen. I can't see the writers killing off a major character just like that.

I for one do not want Jonathan Kent to die.

Same here. I know that he dies eventually in the Superman mythos, but the show wouldn't be the same without him.

I'm pretty sure that in the comics, he doesn't die until well after Clark becomes Superman. In the movie, he died when Clark was about the same age he is on Smallville and in the cartoon and on Lois & Clark, he never died. I'm guessing (ok, I mean hoping) they'll keep him around.

Guest EQ
Pre-Crisis: Pa lives.

Post-Crisis (today's continuity): Pa Kent is still alive.

I wish I watched Smallville reguarly.

So when does he die?

BLAH BLAH BLAH! I'm not reading! *Covers eyes*

Does anyone know a site to download episodes? Kazaa is killing me on a dial up. I know there's buffy.nu for Angel downloads, anyone know anything for this season of Smallville? I've seen 1-8.

Guest Vitamin EC

How many episodes have been ordered this season?

I was checking a season guide and there doesn't seem to be any kind of standard season length for the show.

Yeah after the last ep I don't think Adam is Bruce Wayne. I mean he talks about his folks being poor and then dying in a fire and then he has nightmares about the fire. Besides, someone like Bruce Wayne would be well known to someone in big business like Lex. But, it will be interesting to see how Adam turns out.

And yeah I have feeling that Pa Kent with be in the hospital with a "heart attack" and then more on from there. Cause I don't think they'll kill him seeing how important he is. And in the comic timeline Mr Kent is still alive.

Guest EQ

It will be interesting to see how they do bring Bruce Wayne into the show. The producers said that they're putting him in a season 3 episode.

It will be interesting to see how they do bring Bruce Wayne into the show. The producers said that they're putting him in a season 3 episode.

Simple have Wayne come to Smallville to work out a business partnership deal with Luther Corp.

Guest EQ

No, I think the episode itself will be awesome, but it would be nice if there was some cool reason why Bruce would be there. Besides, would he be running Wayne Enterprises at that age anyway?

Well, I guess if Lex is a head honcho at Lexcorp, it would make sense for Bruce to be running the show at WE