TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

Torch confirms

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
If Shane was being pushed cause he is related to Michaels, wouldn't he have won the Super X and not be eliminated in THE 1ST ROUND?

He has the X belt, doesnt he..and the stupid trophy

Kash is fueding with Abyss

Who's like, twice his size. Andway, sincel Uncle Dutch likes 'em big, Abyss is gonna win the fued

Jericho had one good match. Styles has had 3 or something?

One's good enough for me...andd besides, Jericho didnt nearly kill Franky Kazarian in one of those defences

Who was eliminated first and who won the damned thing?

Whats with the Uncle and Poppa stuff?

It's Frankie and so what?

I guess AJ sucks huh? AHA. I caught you. You have admited that AJ cant perform his own finisher, so he sucks and shouldn't be anywhere near the belt so he deserves to be jobbed and buried right?

Everyone knows that it was Frankie's fault. He has done the Styles Clash how many times? Styles even said that it was Antonio's fault. Even the f'in Sandman got it right and he is drunk when he wrestles.

Styles can't touch Jericho's jock

Not even going to comment on something that stupid.

I hate pretty much everything about Memphis booking. Blame Jim Cornette

Again, WHAT THE FUCK? JIM CORNETTE? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Edited by RVDMARK4:20

Guest Salacious Crumb

It was totally Frankie's fault as he tucked his head for some odd reason.

Guest Coffey

I don't really think that Raven has been buried. Raven is the reason that I watch the shows. If he was being misused, that would mean, at least to me, that he wasn't entertaining. If that was the case, I wouldn't watch the shows.

Just my line of thinking.

It appears 1inch is once again ignoring valid points.

Not to worry he'll be back making more stupid, one-sided comments with no evidence any minute.

Guest MikeSC

Umm, if you don't mind me asking, how many people here have actually SEEN IWA to even have a clue what Dtuch's booking is like?

I haven't, so I can't claim it is bad.

However, Memphis-style works quite well and a lot of things from classic Memphis have been used recently (the way Rock basically ended the Nation by giving Faarooq a picture of him is a DIRECT copy of Cornette and Mantel's break-up in 1982).

-=Mike

I have been watching IWA for a couple months now.

HE books simple storylines and long matches.

The problem with IWA is that the style of wretsling itself starts off with a lot of stalling which TNA doesn't do...

I think he's a good little booker especially when building towards big time matches. He turned IWA into a huge success with his simple style.

On another note...Raven getting buried is a joke. He's in a high profile feud that the fans care about seeing him play out.

When he was on Heat losing commentator matches to D-Lo Brown he was getting buried.

When he's the focus of every other show and his feud gets more air time than anyone...he's not.

I get the feeling The Rock could show up and some people would still call TNA a indy promotion. Maybe what should be shown is TNA wrestlers were offered deals and told the WWE no. WWE wrestlers whose contracts are up seem to actually now consider TNA as a viable promotion so therefore they ARE a viable promotion.

Also, it is well known RVD rather likes his free time with his wife and comic book store so you can bet that when his contract runs out that RVD will consider heavily leaving for TNA. RVD has never made it secret he liked ECW because of the schedule cause it gave him more time with his wife and he's not a big fan of the WWE "selective" scheduling system.

Also, feuding with a manager is a bad thing? Did you WATCH old school wrestling at all? Some of the best feuds came from manager-wrestler or wrestler-faction battles. Raven doesn't have the belt but does that really matter? He's in the biggest feud, he's the hottest wrestler in the company and for all you known Raven will be the wrestler in line to take down Hulk Hogan. Plus it seems Raven WOULD have gotten the belt sooner had he signed a deal that week.

TNA is doing a nice job building the company by taking talented guys who never got the chance and giving them the chance. It's not perfect but what wrestling promotion IS perfect? If all you can complain about is the weight/size of AJ Styles (cause Shawn Michaels and the Hitman were such big guys) and Jeff Jarrett then I say they are doing a damn good job.

Guest Askewniverse

I think that the big question now is if Hogan does win the title, who would he drop it to? I can't really see Hogan dropping the title to anyone other than Sting, and maybe Jarrett.

I don't think Hogan's winning the title.

I think the storyline will be built around Hogan vs. Russo so that Russo can cost Hogan the match and then Hogan can kill Russo to make people happy.

I think 50% of Hogan's decision to work in TNA are based on wanting to get over on Russo...even in the fake land of wrestling...probably more than 50%

I think that the big question now is if Hogan does win the title, who would he drop it to? I can't really see Hogan dropping the title to anyone other than Sting, and maybe Jarrett.

I don't see Hogan winning the title. This is because I can't picture him sticking around TNA more than one or two shows. If he does win the title, he will lose it almost immediatly. Probably to Jarrett again, but come one...what is so bad about Jarrett? Honestly, I have always found him to be entertaining and he was a refreshening WCW champion. In TNA, there are other guys I'd like to see as champ, but Jarrett is okay (as long as he's a heel and doesn't reign for another 7 months).

Guest JacK

Yo, Raven not Maineventing? He's been in the Mainevent of the last 2 shows I've seen here in Australia . . .

And it's been obvious Jarrett's winning the titles for months, that's what they've been booking towards ever since he lost it. IF he didn't win, as much as I would love it, it'd be something similar to what happened to Raven, though I doubt net fans would be as vocal.

So live with it, deal with it, because bitchin ain't not gunna change nothin'

Guest The Real Nosferatu

1inch Punch should be banned for baiting basically the whole NWA-TNA Folder into an argument over Daddy and Son.

Of course he's not really insulting anyone...

Anyway...

There was a little feud called The Undertaker vs. Paul Bearer form 1996-1998 that really isn't pissed on. Considering its a MANAGER v. WRESTLER for over TWO YEARS!

Raven writes his own shit. He has say in his storylines. If he wanted to he'd say "I want a World Title Program". But He doesn't.

Abyss joined TNA in JUNE. Dutch Mantell did 3 weeks ago. Get with the program.

And if you ever watched IWA (or whatever) you can see Abyss is more talented than half the roster.

And the fact you compare Chris Jericho to A.J. Styles is laughable. Considering no one and there mother would job to JEricho makes him a pretty pathetic champion...(besides The Rock, argument over the Rock has been done over and over) while Styles has beaten almost everyone on the roster (including "Triple J").

Sadly I hate Styles as champ because of his hick accent and makes him sound like a fool more than a World Champion. Sure, he's good in the ring, but you need to be able to work the mic to be truly over (ask RVD, aka Mr. Worst Flair Imitation Ever)

The Memphis style has been around for YEARS, and it's still light years better than WWE.

WWE produced:

a.) Lesbians.

b.) Gays

c.) Necro-fucking=philia!

d.) Austin hung on a Crucifix.

e.) Boss Man hung at WM XV

f.) Vampires

g.) Sexaholic Mark Henry

h.) Mae Young

i.) Mae youngs birth of a hand.

j.) Mae Young exposing herself...ugh.

k.) Sammy

l.) Chaz the wife beater

m.) More Gays

n.) Televised Attempted Murders

0.) Alocoholic Suicidal Hawk

p.) A wrestler puking as his gimmick

q.) Rikishis heel turn

r.) ECW Wrestlers on Heat every week.

s.) WCW wrestlers turned into jobbers every week.

t.) Green Rookies Shoved down our throats every week (see Orton, Brock, La Resistance)

u.) Vince McMahon v. Stephanie McMahon...

v.) Vince sleeping w/ every WWF Diva

w.) Over The Edge 1999

x.) Val Venis getting his dick nearly cut off on TV.

y.) Big Shows more than often toilet skits

z.) The Many Revivals of Val Venis

the list goes on and on but I ran out of letters...plus I'm getting suck thinking of all the stupid shit WWF/E has done in the last 4-5 years.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I think my point was that I don't think TNA has yet to book any shit angles (that I can think off the top of my head) while WWE is flooed up to their elbows in it.

I noticed in another thread 1 inch brought up Apollo...hello! TNA ditched the loser in the first month the promotion started! They didn't need him and probably don't want him. He was going to work a racist angle but THANKFULLY it never got anywhere.

That went to Ron Killings, and thankfully, he got over with it big time and became the companies first real world champion that people don't hate. (Shamrock sucked)

It also shows how TNA made a WWE Jobber into a major player and World Champion of the longest running promotion in history. (NWA as a whole since its called the NWA Title not NWA-TNA Title)

1inch: Shut up. Raven is NOT being buried. He's in a feud with a manager, which has happened IN EVERY ERA OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING THAT HAS HAD MANAGERS, and the manager is using his WRESTLERS to go after Raven. The entire angle is solid, and is the ONLY reason I tune in each week anymore.

As for some other random points...

Jeff Jarrett didn't draw in WCW. He's not a draw in his own promotion (if he was, then the crowd wouldn't be as papered as they are). He wasn't a draw during any of his WWF stints. Basically, JARRETT IS NOT A DRAW. So him putting the belt on himself makes little to no sense, since he's not even as over as Chris Sabin.

As for the "Styles = Jericho" comments, I agree to an extent. And this is the extent: Both were supposed to be the top guys in their respective promotions, and neither were treated as such.

The booking of Chris Jericho as the first-ever WWF Undisputed Champion (I believe this was a little before the WWE change) was atrocious. He played second-fiddle to the arguing of HHH and Stephanie McMahon.

The booking of AJ Styles as the current NWA World champion has been atrocious. He has played second-fiddle to Vince Russo in every instance, has required shitloads of interference to win every match, and even needed to cheat to win a match against a retired, fat, unathletic, out-of-shape man with bad knees named Dusty Rhodes. That is AWFUL booking, no matter how you look at it.

And the X-Division might as well be called the WWE Cruiserweight division, because that's how it's been treated recently. What was once the cornerstone and major selling point of the promotion is now an afterthought, and since we have a vanilla piece of shit whose only known because of who his cousin is as our champion, we're guaranteed matches that are "blah" to say the least. Get rid of Shane, put the belt back on Sabin or at least on Lynn or Daniels, or even fucking KAZARIAN (who can at least be carried to a watchable match), and start making the X-Division something to care for again.

Abyss is talented for a man his size. He has no right to work even at HALF the pace he does, and he sells very well. All he needs is a proper costume, and another big man that can work to battle with during the Kash/Abyss program (or have Kash become the dastardly heel he was as X-Division champion again). I have no complaints about the handling of Kash now that he's done with the "Legends" bullshit angle.

Fuck Jeff Jarrett. That is all.

Guest Askewniverse

I agree with Corey. Raven isn't being buried. The Raven-Mitchell feud is one of the top storylines in TNA. I don't really have any problems with how Raven is being used right now. Like Corey said, the entire angle is solid, and is one of the top reasons why I watch TNA every week.

Guest MikeSC
I have been watching IWA for a couple months now.

HE books simple storylines and long matches.

The problem with IWA is that the style of wretsling itself starts off with a lot of stalling which TNA doesn't do...

I think he's a good little booker especially when building towards big time matches.  He turned IWA into a huge success with his simple style.

Well, honestly, I think I'd actually prefer that kind of booking. Most promotions --- especially ones that have had Russo's hands on them --- are convinced that they have a clue as to what non-wrestling-based entertainment IS. One of the big pluses of the Memphis style is that you don't even TRY to do non-wrestling crap --- EVERYTHING is about wrestling and once you have that basis set in stone, you can produce considerably more entertaining television.

I still have no idea how much a booker has control over a match (the finish of the match --- but I always assumed the workers basically dictated the match), so perhaps the slow style was done by the workers, not Mantel.

On another note...Raven getting buried is a joke.  He's in a high profile feud that the fans care about seeing him play out.

When he was on Heat losing commentator matches to D-Lo Brown he was getting buried.

When he's the focus of every other show and his feud gets more air time than anyone...he's not.

I still don't get why WWF/E buried Raven so badly. At the very least, he'd be a good guy to have on the creative end. I thought his drug problems were pretty well taken care of by the time he was in the WWF.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
I get the feeling The Rock could show up and some people would still call TNA a indy promotion. Maybe what should be shown is TNA wrestlers were offered deals and told the WWE no. WWE wrestlers whose contracts are up seem to actually now consider TNA as a viable promotion so therefore they ARE a viable promotion.

Also, it is well known RVD rather likes his free time with his wife and comic book store so you can bet that when his contract runs out that RVD will consider heavily leaving for TNA. RVD has never made it secret he liked ECW because of the schedule cause it gave him more time with his wife and he's not a big fan of the WWE "selective" scheduling system.

No offense, RVD isn't exactly a huge star in the mainstream. TNA will be viewed as an indy promotion as long as they only work, what, 2 days a month, have no TV deal, are bleeding money, etc.

-=Mike

Guest dvkorn

WOW!

First off... Jarrett has yet to win the title back, so all of you who are complaining should stop it until he does... It is not certain that he will win the title back.. the Torch i think are usually full of shit so can't put any stock into their words... They could easily do the double turn and have AJ retain... It might not make Jarrett look the best but still it would make AJ look fabulous and Jarrett could recover quite easily, i think... like if they have the turn mid match... Russo turns on AJ... Russo hits AJ with a bat or something... Jarrett does the stroke... 1 - 2 - kickout... You have done it right there... Jarrett heel, AJ face.... just do a few more things to re inforce it like Jarrett and Russo talking to each... Jarrett tells Russo to hand him a chair or whatever... Jarrett goes to swing... AJ moves get the upper hand and knocks Russo out and pins Jarrett... I think that would work...

And to the people to the people who say Jarrett won't lay down for no one.... he's been pinned by Julio Dinero and Legend...

Plus i think if this was the scenario to happen... it would be better as well.. then they could have two headlining matches on the Sunday PPV... Hogan Vs Jarrett and AJ Vs Sting for the title... Which would certainly bode better for buyrates...

So, just Jarrett has not won the title yet... and it isn't certain he will... I love Jeff Jarrett to death but i think a scenario like the one above would work well.... plus TNA have worked the internet before so it is a possibility they will do it again...

and from reading this thread i have learned this...

1inch Punch is delusional... Jeff Jarrett is one of the best workers on the TNA roster.... From the little i have seen of Abyss he looks to be excellent... Raven is a main eventer and has been since he came to TNA... You know, the last matches on the show is usually the main event and Raven has been in plenty of them...

Edited by dvkorn

Guest El Satanico

Some people just aren't happy unless their favorite has a meaningless piece of tin and is dominating the entire company.

:coughanglesaultcough:

Such a silly mindset to have about pro wrestling. It's the mindset of the mindless cattle.

If Raven won the title and dominated, you'd have to accuse him of having too much power.

Guest El Satanico

argh I can't believe I'm doing this, seeing how I can't stand Hogan.

What they could do with Hogan that wouldn't hurt them in the long term too much...

Somehow convince Hogan to have a match with AJ where he allows AJ to look good. Jeff Jarret saves Hogan from a Russo run in and in the process takes AJ out who is pinned by Hogan. Hogan now has the title. Somehow they set up a friendly championship match between two faces at the big 3 hour PPV.

At the end of that match Russo will come out and hit Hogan with a guitar giving Jarret the win and the title. As Russo and Jarret beat down Hogan, AJ makes the save completing the double turn. Russo helping Jarret sets up a new feud between Jarret and AJ. Then they can finish up Hogan's loose ends with tag matches. Perhaps a blow off with Hogan vs. Russo in a cage match. I don't want to see a Hogan vs. Russo match, but Hogan kicking Russo's ass may go over well.

Hogan wrestles 2 or 3 singles matches and 4 or 5 total matches and we get a good fued out of Hogan before sending him away. The only problems with this is that Hogan wins the title and goes over AJ. As long as Hogan beating AJ is done correctly and doesn't make him look bad, that wouldn't be that awful. I don't know if I like the ideal of AJ turning face, but it's something TNA is thinking about.

On paper it's a good idea, it's just a matter of Hogan not pulling any shit. So knowing Hogan this would all implode.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
1inch: Shut up. Raven is NOT being buried. He's in a feud with a manager, which has happened IN EVERY ERA OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING THAT HAS HAD MANAGERS, and the manager is using his WRESTLERS to go after Raven

So, I'm like, watching Steve Austin vs Bret Hart, which is pretty much my favourite feud ever...and i dont see any managers running around

Well, honestly, I think I'd actually prefer that kind of booking. Most promotions --- especially ones that have had Russo's hands on them --- are convinced that they have a clue as to what non-wrestling-based entertainment IS. One of the big pluses of the Memphis style is that you don't even TRY to do non-wrestling crap --- EVERYTHING is about wrestling and once you have that basis set in stone, you can produce considerably more entertaining television.

I cant wait till you tell me that Uncle Dutch's booked Jarrett vs Apolo/Ricky Banderas crap is better than the Russo booked Raven/Jarrett feud (where Raven got his legs kicked out from under him)

1inch Punch is delusional... Jeff Jarrett is one of the best workers on the TNA roster.... From the little i have seen of Abyss he looks to be excellent... Raven is a main eventer and has been since he came to TNA... You know, the last matches on the show is usually the main event and Raven has been in plenty of them...

If Raven was a main eventer, which he's not..he'd be feuding with...you know...MAIN EVENTERS. God sake.

And to the people to the people who say Jarrett won't lay down for no one.... he's been pinned by Julio Dinero and Legend...

Not cleanly

It is not certain that he will win the title back

Well, since he, you know, owns the company and books himself to be the Messiah, its a pretty safe bet to say he's squashing AJ

If Raven won the title and dominated, you'd have to accuse him of having too much power.

No i wouldnt, id be as happy as a pig in shit

Guest Boo_Bradley
That's very unlikely.

TNA's been very good about who they give belts to as far as them not running off to another promotion with the belt.

they've been around for a 1 1/2 (?) They haven't had the chance, it took the WWF 30 years+ to have one of their champs go on a another show and dump the title.

WWF could've gotten WCW back with the Hardcore title, but either Meng or the suits had enough class not to...

Guest Boo_Bradley
WWE produced:

a.) Lesbians.

b.) Gays

f.) Vampires

g.) Sexaholic Mark Henry

h.) Mae Young

k.) Sammy

l.) Chaz the wife beater

m.) More Gays

q.) Rikishis heel turn

t.) Green Rookies Shoved down our throats every week (see Orton, Brock, La Resistance)

w.) Over The Edge 1999

the list goes on and on but I ran out of letters...plus I'm getting suck thinking of all the stupid shit WWF/E has done in the last 4-5 years.

Memphis produced:

1> Black men being assulted with Watermelons

2> Lawler making "Roots" references when fueding with Kamala

3> Lawler making lip jokes at black opponents

4> Hundreds of Main Events that ended with run ins

5> Female abuse

6> Stalling

7> Jerry Lawler being run over by Gilbert in an attempt to murder him

8> The Booker's Son and His Best Friend's Son being pushed to the Main Events (Brain and Jamie)

If I knew more of the product, I'd add more... but you get the idea!!

Guest Boo_Bradley

WWE produced:

a.) Lesbians.

b.) Gays

(Memphis booked Adrian Street a quasi gay character)

(racism / necrophilla - which is more appalling?)

(Lawler hung by a noose, like the KKK)

f.) Vampires

(Freddy, Jason, Etc all worked Memphis)

g.) Sexaholic Mark Henry

(Rick Rude th

e Playboy of Memphis)

h.) Mae Young

(Errrrrrrrrrrrr..........)

k.) Sammy

(Flair/Garvin/Baron have all done cross dressing... not to this extreme I'll grant you)

l.) Chaz the wife beater

(Lawler the woman beater)

m.) More Gays

(Way to recap!)

(See Lawler/Gilbert, 1992(?))

(Memphis have had its share of BAD gimmicks)

q.) Rikishis heel turn

(Streching to fill this out are we?)

(IWC (Savage's Promotion) being jobbed out to the memphis faithful)

(World Class stars lost alot of luster once Memphis took them over)

(Rookies broke in all the time in Memphis too)

(Fuck'en WWE!)

(Many wrestlers/ men of power have gone through many women- art imitates life)

w.) Over The Edge 1999

(Accident - Blame whoever you wish)

(Again Memphis had their share of terrible gimmicks)

Congrats, that was fun!