TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Flair DVD Matches Announced

On a side note, I have a bunch of Flair matches on my computer in case any of you want to pick them up sometime.

Including Starcade '93 vs. Vader and the match on RAW vs. Curt Hennig.

so what was the source for this information anyway?

highspots.com

I wish they had that one part on RAW where Evolution had just formed for the first time and HHH was cutting a promo and the audience started chating, "You're not Flair!" That almost brought tears to my eyes...

Guest Coffey

I want to see the promo that Ric Flair cut on Triple H during the Raw where the two had a match. Will they show that? I know that they have the match and post match, but will the pre match be there?

2:1 odds that the Sept '98 Nitro return will be on the DVD, if only because it makes WCW and Bischoff look bad, and Vince wouldn't dare pass that up.

Anyone have any ideas as to how that segment rated? (Flair's September '98 return)

Sounds like brilliant television.

UYI

It's in my top five favorite Pro. Wrestling moments...ever.

And I was there, live damnit, LIVE!

Anyone have any ideas as to how that segment rated? (Flair's September '98 return)

Sounds like brilliant television.

UYI

IIRC, that segment beat whatever WWE had going on at that time. That's what I remember reading but I may be wrong.

This DVD sounds awesome though. Can't wait.

I'm disappointed that they left off the Flair-Perfect loser leaves town match, the Flair-Vader match from cade 93, the Savage match from WM8, and even a little disappointed that they don't have the rematch where Flair regained the title from Savage as that is a rarity and I only remember seeing a few clips from it. But the main thing that has me puzzled is that if they are going to show 2 of the Steamboat trilogy matches, why the hell not just make it all 3 and include Chi-town Rumble which is actually my favorite of the 3? I could understand if they only wanted to show one of them but if you put 2 on there it doesn't make much sense to me to not just go ahead and put the final match of the series (well first really, but you know what I mean) on there too. Still an awesome must own set though.

I'm disappointed that they left off the Flair-Perfect loser leaves town match, the Flair-Vader match from cade 93, the Savage match from WM8, and even a little disappointed that they don't have the rematch where Flair regained the title from Savage as that is a rarity and I only remember seeing a few clips from it. But the main thing that has me puzzled is that if they are going to show 2 of the Steamboat trilogy matches, why the hell not just make it all 3 and include Chi-town Rumble which is actually my favorite of the 3? I could understand if they only wanted to show one of them but if you put 2 on there it doesn't make much sense to me to not just go ahead and put the final match of the series (well first really, but you know what I mean) on there too. Still an awesome must own set though.

Yeah, that's true, but you know what? There's not one single match on this DVD that I'd remove to make room for any of the ones you mentioned. You have to make some hard choices somewhere along the line, and cut some matches that a lot of people would want to see. I think they did a great job with this one.

How/When/Where DID Flair regain the title from Savage?

House show in Hershey, PA, 3 days after Summerslam 92. Storyline was that Savage's knee was still shot to hell from his match with Warrior at SS, and Flair just worked on it mercilessly.

Edited by CanadianChris

The people complaining about missing matches must know that the WWE isnt sitting there going, "hmm i wonder what Jim at the Smart Marks wants on the Flair DVD". Most people do not own these matches already. Hell, Ive been a fan since 1994 and the only ones Ive seen is the Rumble.

Savage/Flair isn't rare enough(wait for a WM box set) to replace anything else here.

Flair/Perfect probably isn't famous/important enough.

Flair/Vader, maybe they think, isn't good enough.

Flair/Savage Title change has only been released once on WWF home video and no one remembers it(plus my friend who has the video says it was horrid).

That's why those were omitted.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

There's still 3 discs, though, so you never know. I'm perfectly happy with this lineup, but the lack of the Savage match (one of my all time favorites) pisses me off. Oh well, maybe there's going to be a volume 2.

Flair/Perfect probably isn't famous/important enough.

Sure it is. It's the match he left the WWF on. They have the Royal Rumble and I'm guessing they're going to have all the stuff about how he came in, so it's a perfect (heh) fit to have the match where he left too. If there's not enough room, then take out his debut match and that match with HHH. Or take out the unification match with Sting. I've never seen it, but every single Flair/Sting match I've seen was exactly the same. I doubt anybody would miss it. I know I wouldn't. Or take out Wrestlewar since it's already on the HHH DVD. Whatever, take out something, shit. I'm not about to believe they they don't have enough room with 3 cds to fit Flair/Perfect. Steamboat/Flair from the Clash and the I quit match with Funk aren't important either, but nonetheless they're still his best matches and people wanted to have them on there. And yea, it's obviously geared to smarks or else it'd have less hour long matches and more flair/hogan, flair/vince, and a bunch of new WWE crap on it.

Funk/Flair Bash 89 is another good one that got left out, it's better than the Vadar match and the "I Quit" match. Still, they do have at least one match representing the series, so that's good enough.

And to the guy who questioned if Flair uses the same moves than, as he does now. Yes, with the exception of a Double Arm Suplex, sloppy Piledriver, Stalling Vertical Suplex and maybe a Double Stomp every now and than, his mid range offense was still mostly built around basic holds, chops, stomps, knee drops...etc. However, there's alot more to having a good match than the number of moves you use.

How/When/Where DID Flair regain the title from Savage?

House show in Hershey, PA, 3 days after Summerslam 92. Storyline was that Savage's knee was still shot to hell from his match with Warrior at SS, and Flair just worked on it mercilessly.

There was also minor interference from Scott Hall in the match as well, and that led to the Hall-Flair partnership that lasted until Flair left.

I havent seen much of the Flair NWA/WCW stuff so I don't care what's there as long as it's there.

Is the 2/3 Falls Match between Flair and Steamboat on there ?

Yep. That was the Clash. I can't believe it made it, even though it's the best one of the series.

so what was the source for this information anyway?

highspots.com

I wish they had that one part on RAW where Evolution had just formed for the first time and HHH was cutting a promo and the audience started chating, "You're not Flair!" That almost brought tears to my eyes...

That was in DC! It was me and my buddies that started that chant! HHH gave me a death stare for a good 2 or 3 seconds after the promo. :P

Guest Choken One

So really there are three matches left off? and nothing bad on there..I say it's great line up right there...

Savage/Flair been done so many times...

I remember reading Flair didn't like the Vader Match and let's face it, he looks like a chump the whole match until the last 30 seconds...

Perfect is a Raw match, so I guess they *might* be saving it for best tv match dvd or something...

But seriously, who can complain here?

-Savage/Flair everyone has seen. They released all the wrestlemanias on tape a couple years ago so its avaliable and they've shown clips of it many times.

-I'll agree with Perfect/Flair but I wouldn't bump anything for it, plus its on the video RAW: Prime Cuts which is on ebay a lot.

-Flair/Vader is another that gets bumped. The rest of the card was such shit so I wouldn't be eager to seek the video for Starcade 93, but its there...