TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

What's Next for the DVD line?

Guest Choken One

What is next in the line of DVDs?

They are about to release one amazing combo of the Cage Match DVD and the Flair DVD which are certain to rock...

What's Next?

I would love if they continue every three months to have two MAJOR dvd releases along with the standard monthly PPV release...

They did Mysterio/HBK and then Flair/Cage...(we'll forget the brock fluff dvd)

We know that Angle has a DVD coming soon likely to be along the lines of the Brock dvd (Bio + Best Matches)...

We all keep asking for a Benoit, Eddy or Austin DVD but I don't think that's in order.

With Austin, they are screwed since Austin primarily performed during the Attitude Era and we know about THAT pesky issue, so it would have be WCW/ECW dvd and I could see WWE doing that since the flair dvd is nearly devoid of WWE footage...but it seems like vince wants us to think he was a WWE creation...

Benoit and Eddy aren't important enough to wwe to warrant a DVD...but maybe Eddy down the line since he is over like crazy and mysterio got one...

The Bret Hart DVD has been rumored for over two years and it's looking like a strong reality now...so who knows we might get that 4 disc DVD special...with Bret looking over it completely as he wants control of it.

They did a Cage Match DVD...Would a Ladder Match DVD be possible?

I hope not since most of the famous ones (the Tag Team ones) all occured in the Attitude era and we've seen the HBK ones and the post Attitude ladder matches have been identical.

I still hold out hope for a WM DVD Collectors Box...19 Mania DVDS in ONE package...scrictly for the true fans...

What about a Whacky Gimmick Match PPV? They could put the likes of the Hog Pen Match along with other odd gimmick matches in a Wrestle Crap themed DVD...

Any ideas?

I heard ANOTHER Austin DVD was coming out in November.

Anyway, I'd love to see some more DVDs from WWE containing more WCW and ECW footage, preferably unclipped.

A Jericho DVD would rock.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

I would love to see these:

Best of Madison Square Garden: Various matches from historic MSG from the 70's, 80's, & early 90's.

Saturday Night's Main Event series

The Best of Tuesday Night Titans

History of the I-C Title

History of the Tag-Team Titles

Well, now that they have the ECW footage...

Best of the Dudley Boys. One disc, bio piece, but it needs to be chock full of extras.

If they don't censor anything, it'd be fucken perfect. The Dudleys used to be infamous for inciting riots and working crowds into a frenzy. Sure, their ECW matches may not have been good, but their WWF stuff was. Tack on the tables match from Rumble 2000, Ladder Match from WM2000, their final ECW match (w/ Raven return angle), and we've got a must buy, for me at least.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Right, I'd want these:

The Best Of Saturday Night's Main Event

From The Vault: Randy Savage (no chance, however)

From The Vault: The Harts (from the original Hart Foundation to the faction, with all family members fighting amongst themselves)

Backstage Legends (best of Anderson, Ace, Finlay, Malenko, Brisco-the agents)

In Memoriam (best of Owen, Rude, Hennig etc)

<Insert Superstar>'s Top 10/20 Matches

The next line of DVD

Shane McMahon "Here comes the money"

Vince McMahon "No chance in Hell"

From the vault- The Undertaker (this one actually seems fair)

Guest Choken One

Problem is with the Taker dvd...we can't have his 98-01 matches where he was at his peak (in terms of big matches) but If you focus on his early days and current, it might work.

Memorial DVD's aren't a bad idea for people like Owen or Henning or Davey and even Andre, whom deserves a DVD treatment for Larger then Life.

The Damn settlement REALLY hurt the potential dvds we could have had..

Call me f'king nuts ("you're fucking nuts!"), but I want to see another Triple H DVD, a real Triple H DVD, not the lame one-match (okay, two matches, and one not his, but I'm not complaining) DVD from before, but one that has his matches from a time that we all want to remember: When he was good in the ring.

My dreamlist:

vs. Rock I (Ladder, SS'98)

vs. Foley (HITC, NWO'00)

vs. Rock II (Backlash '00)

vs. Rock III (Ironman JD'00)

vs. Jericho (LastManStanding FL'00)

vs. Austin (3 Stages of Hell, NWO'01)

w/Austin vs. Benoit/Jericho (RAW is Quad I)

Possibly throw in the Foley street fight that was on the first DVD (depending on your marketing POV).

Hell, the 'E' is gonna promote Golden Boy #2 no matter what, so might as well do it right

Couldn't they just release unblurred Attitude-era stuff on DVD in the US and Canada only? I thought the WWF's problem was that WWE was using their acronym outside North America.

Guest Choken One

why not just go to Suncoast and buy his Vanity DVD with 6 Matches from 2000 on it...

Easy: 4 Horsemen set

I'd also love a Jericho DVD with most of his WCW greatness on it.

Of course, I haven't been keeping track of DVDs so these might exist and I'm just posting for no useful reason. :unsure:

I'd mark out for a Chris Jericho DVD with his WCW stuff on it, though the goddamn settlement would fuck it over because that means we couldn't get any of the great stuff he did when he came to the WWF.

From the Vault: The Undertaker could actually be good, and IMO Taker wasn't that great from '98-01 so I wouldn't miss that stuff.

Guest Choken One

He might have been great but that was his *KEY* part of his career as from 1994-1996 he was in dead end fueds until Foley came along...

I say he earned a DVD but the match content will lack severely...wait until he can get about 3-5 more good matches and he IS rolling right now...

He might have been great but that was his *KEY* part of his career as from 1994-1996 he was in dead end fueds until Foley came along...

I'd say his career was blah even before 1994... save for his feud with Warrior (which I don't remember having any TV matches, just house show circuit matches) and two matches with Hogan in 1991, and the short-lived feud with Roberts in early 1992, what else did he do?

Mid to late '92: Feuded with Kamala over two PPVs (SSlam and SSeries)

Most all of '93: Feuded with Giant Gonzales over three PPVs (RR, WM9 and SSlam) and began the Yoko feud (and you know what that led to)

So really, his career started off strong then flatlined for a LONG time before Foley helped his career in 96

And even then, he was mired in crap for late 96 and 1997 (complete with unimpressive title reign) before HITC1 and Kane helped spark his career and Foley again set it on fire with HITC2

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

I haven't kept up with WWE lately- what's the deal with the settlement?

I thought they could use Attitude era stuff as long as they blurred the logo?

I haven't kept up with WWE lately- what's the deal with the settlement?

I thought they could use Attitude era stuff as long as they blurred the logo?

They can use Attitude-era footage with the blurring enacted, but the amount of time it'd take to blur out a full-match extra on a DVD would be painstaking (cameramen, turnbuckles, referee patch, ringmats).

Instead, they'll clip matches (mostly using different camera angles) to mask every logo they can.

Couldn't they just release unblurred Attitude-era stuff on DVD in the US and Canada only? I thought the WWF's problem was that WWE was using their acronym outside North America.

I'm thinking the profits wouldn't be strong enough to warrant a US/Canada-only release. Overseas makes up a large amount of their merchandising fanbase.

Angle's DVD will be chock-full of "Smackdown Six era" matches, given the settlement.

I wouldn't but a KA DVD if it mainly focused on the SD 6- Era Kurt. I want to see his early stuff, back before the WWE decided to castrate Kurt, turn him into a bald, boring, lifeless automaton, and exile him into the gutter that is Smackdown permenantly...

Vince McMahon "No chance in Hell"

I'd buy it. At least, if they put up some of the early goofy Russo era stuff. I want Vince winning the Rumble (for laughs), the beer truck skit, Vince winning the title (again, just for laughs), and Vince vs HHH at Armageddon (probably the best Vince match.)

Also throw in Eric's Slamboree Challenge and Eric joining the KMA club (we all know it's going to happen, eventually.)

Angle's DVD will be chock-full of "Smackdown Six era" matches, given the settlement.

I wouldn't but a KA DVD if it mainly focused on the SD 6- Era Kurt. I want to see his early stuff, back before the WWE decided to castrate Kurt, turn him into a bald, boring, lifeless automaton, and exile him into the gutter that is Smackdown permenantly...

...which is not possible in the least.

I'd buy it. At least, if they put up some of the early goofy Russo era stuff. I want Vince winning the Rumble (for laughs)

Can't be shown.

the beer truck skit

Can't be shown.

Vince winning the title (again, just for laughs)

Can't be shown.

....and Vince vs HHH at Armageddon (probably the best Vince match.)

Can't be shown. IMO, his best match was against Shane at X-7, or Flair at Rumble 2002.

Rumble:

Can't be shown.

Sure it can. It only lasted for a few seconds. They can blur some shit out.

Beer Truck:

Can't be shown.

Has been shown on TV since. The blacked out the logo at the ramp and blurred the ring and belt.

Probably the only match that went on for any length of time was his Armageddon match vs HHH, and much of that went backstage. They'd have to clip it. =/

The Damn settlement REALLY hurt the potential dvds we could have had..

When did the logo switch? I first remember seeing it on Ground Zero, and I know they used the old logo at WM14.

The WM DVD could still work if it contained 1-14, everything else they've released individually. The weird thing is that there's a clause in the settlement that allows them to produce stuff with the old logo that they had been already producting. A judge decided it would be too much work to change the logos in every videogame and video from years ago they're still doing today.

Yet they halted production on the WM15 DVD for whatever reason.

Rumble:
Can't be shown.

Beer Truck:

Can't be shown.

Has been shown on TV since. The blacked out the logo at the ramp and blurred the ring and belt.

Probably the only match that went on for any length of time was his Armageddon match vs HHH, and much of that went backstage. They'd have to clip it. =/

Isn't the point of requesting extras, the fact that you want them unclipped?

Anything in the Attitude era CAN be shown, but it'd have to ferociously clipped.

When did the logo switch? I first remember seeing it on Ground Zero, and I know they used the old logo at WM14.

Sometime after Wrestlemania 14. To muddle an exact point, before the settlement, WWEHV released XIV (in the "Big Five" VHS set) and the Unforgiven DVD as a "scratch-logo" release.

I read somewhat confirmed reports about upcoming DVDs for Kurt Angle, Mick Foley (a double-disc set), and the Monday Night Wars, but a lot of people are talking about another Austin release for early November. It's not listed on Amazon for preorder or anything like that, so can anybody confirm if this DVD will indeed be released (with source, please?) or is it just especulation?

Guest JumpinJackFlash
Rumble:QUOTE 

Can't be shown.

Beer Truck:QUOTE 

Can't be shown.

Anything in the Attitude era CAN be shown, but it'd have to ferociously clipped.

Well.......

I watched the That Damn Good DVD, which was made months after the name change. I saw HHH vs. Cactus Jack at the 2000 Royal Rumble and the WWF logos weren't blurred out.

Hmmm........

Rumble:QUOTE 

Can't be shown.

Beer Truck:QUOTE 

Can't be shown.

Well.......

I watched the That Damn Good DVD, which was made months after the name change. I saw HHH vs. Cactus Jack at the 2000 Royal Rumble and the WWF logos weren't blurred out.

Hmmm........

It was RELEASED after the logo-change.

It was PRODUCED a month before the settlement, so they were still legally in the right to use the WWF footage. In post-production, they slapped on the new "WWE" logo and shipped it out.