TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

What WWE Pay Per Views have you Skipped?

What pay-per-views have you skipped on so far this year that you've had the chance to buy?

Backlash- It just looked like crap. Plain and simple. Backlash is always a "down-time" for WWE booking.

Judgment Day- It wasn't worth buying just for the ladder match.

Vengeance- I regret this one, but I didn't feel up to watching TV. Should have ordered the replay.

Yeah. The rest I've all ordered. For the most part, they were all good. Let's not talk about Bad Blood though. Ugh.

I have watched every WWE PPV this year.

The upcoming Smackdown PPV, however, is the first one which I might just skip.

I don't think that I've ever cared for a Pro. Wrestling show any less than I care for this upcoming PPV.

Guest HHH's 'Roid Needle

I have not missed a PPV since Wrestlemania 8. And that was only because I was attending a dumbass birthday party for a dumbass cousin.

Seen every single one since then.

Without a second thought.

I am strange.

I don't think that I've ever cared for a Pro. Wrestling show any less than I care for this upcoming PPV.

..What about WWA- All Stars?

All except: Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, Vengeance and Summerslam. Oh, and I guess parts of Backlash.

I only actually ordered WrestleMania though, like I do every year.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Everything after WM, our box broke. I have talked my uncle into not getting another one.

Guest Doyo

i've skipped them all, but have seen a few ppv matches on tape and internet

they are way too expensive

All of them, Last WWF PPV I ordered was Royal Rumble 99. Once Vince won it I made a vow never to order a WWF PPV again and I stuck to it.

Besides the DVDs are cheaper.

That's my line of thinking. If it turns out it was a pretty good PPV I'll just get the DVD. I never order PPV's, but if I have a friend who is getting one and I'm inviting, you don't have to ask me twice.

I don't always make it a priority to watch the PPVs live, but I do like to catch up on most of them. I've seen every WWE PPV this year at some point except for Royal Rumble (which I intend on seeing sooner or later, especially since the DVD is only 13 bucks for me because I work at Best Buy).

All of them, Last WWF PPV I ordered was Royal Rumble 99. Once Vince won it I made a vow never to order a WWF PPV again and I stuck to it.

Besides the DVDs are cheaper.

Summerslam 2003 was the first WWE PPV I've ordered at my own home (because friends came over to split the cost). I've gone to others to watch Badd Blood, and last year I saw No Mercy, Armegeddon, and Summerslam at a friends house.

Besides that, I usually buy it on video or DVD (whatever is cheaper at that point).

Guest hhheld_down

i have ordered vengence.... thats all... and even i was iffy about that.. i have seen the rumble, WMXIX, Backlah, and NWO on the ppv date, but i never ordered them, a friend did...

..What about WWA- All Stars?

I would have watched it, had I been able to.

Guest PowerPB13

Only ones I've bought this year have been the Rumble and Mania(and I went in with three other people on Mania, so it only cost me ten dollars).

Says something since I had gotten every Summerslam since 1993, but I took a pass on this year's edition.

Wrestlemania is the ONLY no-brainer of the year for me, but if things keep going the way they are, I'll probably pass on that next year too.

-Patrick

gcwrespect14.jpg

I watched Rumble, No Way Out, and Mania for free at a local bar that had a strong wrestling crowd, but it has since closed down due to a court case against it. There have been rumblings of it opening under different (re: the same, but different for legal purposes) ownership.

Backlash I saw at a the closest bar that was showing wrestling, but the amount of people who were there and didn't like wrestling, causing them to insult everything they saw, was very annoying. Judgment Day was skipped because I was working, and it was a new job that I didn't feel I had put enough time into to be requesting shift changes (and of course, the JD card itself...).

Bad Blood was the first PPV I paid to see, paying the movie theatre price to watch it, Vengeance, and SummerSlam (which again I was supposed to be at work for, but swithced shifts with someone). When Unforgiven rolled around, I did not feel it necessary to make arrangements to not work, so I skipped that one too.

So, in short, I skipped 2 shows this year. No Mercy is iffy, as Bad Blood was not a fantastic start to the theatre experience, and combined with cab costs home (since no bus service exists that late on Sunday and niehter me nor any of my wrestling fan friends drive), another place to watch PPV for free, preferably without harassment from non-fans, will be needed. If one is not found, we'll probably end up at the same place we watched Backlash at.

I didn't order Judgment Day, Vengeance, Unforgiven and I don't think I'm gonna get No Mercy.

I *shouldn't* have ordered Summerslam, considering I was out of town the day of event, but I did and taped it...waste of $30.

I missed No Way Out because of an unpaid cable bill, and I just didn't want to order Judgment Day, Bad Blood, and Unforgiven. I have every PPV this year (except Unforgiven) on DVD, though, for my collection.