TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

WWE Tries To Resign RVD

RVD was finally given the Intercontinental Title is a matter of conjecture.

This shouldn't be some sort of compensation since RVD should be well past the IC division.

And they're not even doing that right.

we could see another possible renaissance in wrestling.  Here's to hopeing :cheers: .

Except that it will be a Russo Renaissance.

There's one itty bitty matter TNA needs to take care of before I can wipe away it's chances of going bellyup overnight. :D

Not anymore.

Russo's last show was yesterday and he won't be brought back on air OR as a writer while Hogan is around.

Russo has left the building.

Fuck yeah!!!!!!!

If TNA doesn't have a TV deal by next summer... I hope RVD stays put. I don't care if he can fall back on his store or make just as much money in the Indy's and spend more time with his family. He's one of the very few good things on Raw and I want him there.

Vince make money off us which pays for these guys contracts... Dance for me puppets, DANCE!!!!!

We'll see if money talks to Rob though.

If they pay him more money to do whatever they want, chances are he'll take the deal. While all wrestlers would like to be pushed and maximize their potential, someone like RVD would have no problems being stuck in IC title level for more money.

I just don't see the McMahon's giving him more money since they know they are the only big league show in town. Gotta love no alternatives!!

In wrestling, I don't see it like that.

Wrestlers would like to have more money, but they would also like to get the push that they deserve. RVD shouldn't sign with WWE again and go to TNA.

RVD wouldn't have to limit his style anymore, and would get a big push.

Yeah...but if someone is misersable and can make a living with less stress and more family time...

I really don't like Vince's chances of working out a deal. He's too stubborn to give RVD what he'd want anyway...and I'm not convinced they have anything to offer him that he wants at this point.

When he came in he was loving his job. Does anyone think he likes it at this point? They kind of beat his enthusiasm for the business right out of him.

I just hope if this does come about that Rob doesn't totally revert back into his ECW work persona. Taunt, move, taunt, move, Fonzie whistle, taunt, move. WWE does force him to keep moving as odd as that sounds and when RVD was first breaking out in WWE, when he was forced to kill the taunting, he produced some of the better matches he has done in his carreer.

Yeah...but if someone is misersable and can make a living with less stress and more family time...

I really don't like Vince's chances of working out a deal. He's too stubborn to give RVD what he'd want anyway...and I'm not convinced they have anything to offer him that he wants at this point.

When he came in he was loving his job. Does anyone think he likes it at this point? They kind of beat his enthusiasm for the business right out of him.

But do you think guys like Paul London or Spanky come in here thinking they are going to get pushed to the moon and given multiple titles? No. They come because they know its a good paycheck and they won't have to sleep in dirty hotels and share cars to save a buck. They want to live the good life.

Working the indys RVD would be able to sleep in his own bed, make good money and not go to work everyday hating what he does.

And when London or Spanky get as over as RVD was and then depushed like he was...well...let's ask them about how happy they are then.

Wasn't one of the main reasons Rob stayed in ECW for the schedule?

I know he's been bitching about WWE's schedule.

And I can't see him resigning. RVD stayed in ECW all the way to the end and he only went to Vince when there wasn't anything left. He's not happy with it, and they're not doing anything to keep him there. (IC isn't anything) From all the radio interviews he doesn't seem to give a shit anymore. And why would he?

They better give in and put a world title on him or at least pretend like they're going to do something before now and June.... if they're serious about wanting to keep him.

Guest BionicRedneck

1. This is from 1wrestling.com. When he says "I've heard that..." I stop listening.

2. It's only RVD. He sucks. A lot. Who cares?

Guest BionicRedneck

He's the only reason to watch RAW? I suppose. If you like shat wrestling.

I think it's more about the money than it is about the title runs to Vince. Hell he was going to let Chyna have the world title for a while to get her to resign, but she wanted too much money.

If I was RVD I'd be fucking insulted that the IC title was the bone they were throwing at him to get him to resign. I mean he's already held the title 3 TIMES, and that was before it was a joke belt.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: RVD isn't really in it purely for money. I mean yeah he wants to make a decent living but he'd rather make less and be in a better environment. I think he'd be fine with signing for another 150,000 if he got it in writing that he'd get the world title and a solid push.

If not, he'll tell Vince to fuck off.

Guest BionicRedneck
I don't give a shit about his wrestling, I just acknowledge that he could make them money if they pushed him, and if he goes to TNA, that would be HUGE for them. And I'd like that.

I'd like to believe it would be good for TNA. But, then there is Jarrett (who seemingly wants to push himself as Steve Austin) and Russo (who is an idiot) and possibly Hogan to think about.

They put the belt on Truth...they'd put the belt on RVD.

That's all anyone really wants at this point.

He's like the Red Sox of wrestling. As soon as someone actually puts a top title on him I think most people will stop caring about him altogether.

RVD is the rare specimen of wrestler where WWE won't push him, yet he could make just as much money on the indy circuit. Don't believe me, ask Raven or just read any of his interviews or listen to WOL when he is the guest. RVD is a name that is a capable of turning around an indy fed fast. If indy circuits are paying Raven good, imagine someone in his prime with ECW/WWE fame just waiting for a phone call.

RVD is the rare specimen of wrestler where WWE won't push him, yet he could make just as much money on the indy circuit. Don't believe me, ask Raven or just read any of his interviews or listen to WOL when he is the guest. RVD is a name that is a capable of turning around an indy fed fast. If indy circuits are paying Raven good, imagine someone in his prime with ECW/WWE fame just waiting for a phone call.

RVD would make good money outside of WWE...

but unlike Raven RVD actually got ppv payoffs once in a while...

Since the brand split however...you get less as you work less. Not to mention getting buped off of Mania for the Miller Light Girls...

He's the only reason to watch RAW? I suppose. If you like shat wrestling.

Yeah, that's it. Did you miss the ladder match from two weeks ago? Where everybody on this board was going nuts? (though before the match nobody wanted him to win and nobody was expecting much from it) Anybody that gets a reaction like that from the cynical bitchy smartmark crowd has to be doing something right, period.

Guest MikeSC
In wrestling, I don't see it like that.

Wrestlers would like to have more money, but they would also like to get the push that they deserve. RVD shouldn't sign with WWE again and go to TNA.

RVD wouldn't have to limit his style anymore, and would get a big push.

God, 30 mniute stall fests on TNA?

Yawn.

-=Mike

..."Limiting his style" has been a huge boon to RVD's work

Guest wrestlingbs

Like people have already said, the WWE offers a lot of financial security. But what is special about RVD, besides the fact that he can support himself without the WWE, is that he is a star capable of not only main-eventing, but also turning a company around. If he got into TNA, got a real good push (not just the world title, but booked correctly), he could not only land TNA a tv deal, but also lure a lot of disgruntled wrestlers away from the WWE. That's why I think the WWE is, or at least should be scared. They've knowingly treated him like second class shit since No Mercy of '01 and judging by they way he's been booked recently that's not going to change until at least Mania. The IC title may do it, but just look at last week. Austin completely ignored the guy.

I say leave, and tell Vince Nash can do the ***** frog spashes now.

Guest Ray

Pardon me for interrupting the Van Dam love fest here, but he is NOT qualified to be a permanent main eventer or long-term World Champion.

People go on about the pops he got in 2001...BUT HE DIDN'T DRAW ANY RATINGS.

And he does suck ass in the ring, so I don't really mind if he's misused.

Ray = eagerly awaiting a Van Dam job to Goldberg.

Guest BionicRedneck
Pardon me for interrupting the Van Dam love fest here, but he is NOT qualified to be a permanent main eventer or long-term World Champion.

People go on about the pops he got in 2001...BUT HE DIDN'T DRAW ANY RATINGS.

And he does suck ass in the ring, so I don't really mind if he's misused.

Ray = eagerly awaiting a Van Dam job to Goldberg.

Shhhh, Ray! You are not aloud to talk like that 'round these parts.

Oh, and while we are on the subject, Goldberg's selling is much better than RVD's. :P