TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

WWE Tries To Resign RVD

Speaking of contracts, I have heard from quite a few people that WWE has started talks with Rob Van Dam about signing a contract extension but thus far, it hasn’t gone anywhere. Whether that is why, after months of being used poorly, RVD was finally given the Intercontinental Title is a matter of conjecture.

1wrestling.com

Good for him. He should be a hardass about negotiations with this team of monkeys. He's had people against him since day one. Now his ability to draw and be viewed as a serious threat are in the shitter. I don't see him getting any more of a push, but he could at least get some cheddar out of these negotiations if WWE is really hard up to keep him.

All in all, fuck the McMahon family.

Face it, whether you think Rob sucks or not, he is seen by many fans as one of the stars of RAW and it would be huge if he left for TNA.

But I still think he'll re-sign with them.

Guest Putty

I'm glad he's sticking up for himself.

They've treated him like shit - other than money there's no reason for him not to leave.

RVD was finally given the Intercontinental Title is a matter of conjecture.

This shouldn't be some sort of compensation since RVD should be well past the IC division. If they wanted to appease him, he should be in the main event mix and given more match time. If not, then he'd be better suited in TNA. He'd have a better role TNA, but we won;t see him as often till TNA get a TV deal so i'd rather have him sign with Vince and see where it goes from there

Guest Putty
I wonder what Vince would do if Rob said he'd take less money, for a world title reign?

If they had ANY sense they would send him to Smackdown.

He's wrestled the same guys for what, 2 years now?

I wonder what Vince would do if Rob said he'd take less money, for a world title reign?

But nobody's that stupid. Because money makes the world go round.

My guess is he lets it run out and goes to TNA. Less trouble and less traveling around.

We'll see if money talks to Rob though.

If they pay him more money to do whatever they want, chances are he'll take the deal. While all wrestlers would like to be pushed and maximize their potential, someone like RVD would have no problems being stuck in IC title level for more money.

I just don't see the McMahon's giving him more money since they know they are the only big league show in town. Gotta love no alternatives!!

I hope all the WWE workers FINALLY stand up against Vince. If they are tired of it, say it.

Vince isn't going to fire guys like Jericho if they are tired of his bull. He's not that stupid.

This could be a sign the workers are starting to feel TNA is an option and that is not good news for Vince since he's not pulling in the cash so he won't be able to meet big contract demands.

Gotta love how Kevin Nash is making $600,000, but RVD is probably only making $150,000 down side and probably won't get much else.

My god... Go RVD. They'd have to promise him a World Title run or something to get him to stay, IMO, or a LOOOOOOTTA money. Or at least, I hope that's how it works out.

WWE has got to do better than to give the IC title to Rob, it seems that they know how big of a star RVD is and if they really want him giving RVD a world title run either on SD or RAW and a real push with more money included will change his mind about leaving.

This is interesting for that reason.

WWE doesn't want to let him go...so we'll see how much money it takes to make up for shitting on someone for 2 years.

After June...RVD's contract is over and WWE won't have a say in the matter.

They SHOULD give him a title run since he's earned it anyway...but WWE has a track record of burying people who start to get near the end of their deals...

It'll get more interesting after Mania.

I can't see the WWE ever letting him go, not because they care about him but because they're scared of what he could do for TNA.

Except that it's his decision. I don't understand what this is about McMahons not letting people go, when there's really nothing they can do except make the rest of the industry such a wasteland that people DON'T want to leave.

RVD's current contract probably isn't that great, they'll probably lowball again since they're the only big game around, and he can just refuse and let the time run out.

When your contract runs out of time, that's it. It's not the same as getting released. There is no funny no-compete agreements or anything. You're free to do what you whatever. My guess is he'll live off the comic book store profits for however long it takes TNA to make a deal. If they can provide enough bucks to make Hogan work for them (and we all know how Hogan bitches and moans about pay) than certainly they can match RVD's last WWE deal. Right?

It's not that black and white.

He can make enough money to support a family just owning his comic store.

He can make enough money to let them live well AND even see them more often working indys.

I hate the idea that if you don't work for WWE you can't support a family...because in the case of a name like RVD...it just is not true.

Then throw in being able to work your own schedule and actually SEE your family.

Jesus, you would think his contract ran out this year. He's been misused since Mania. Actually, he didn't even have a match at this past Mania did he?

It is weird to think that the whole dynamic of the wrestling industry could be totally flipped on its ear in the next couple of months. If RVD, one of the stars of WWE, goes to Tna of his own free choice, I can only imagine that others will soon follow. If the Hogan thing works out to even to half of its potential, we could see another possible renaissance in wrestling. Here's to hopeing :cheers: .

The guy was able to support his family working for ECW and half the time Heyman didn't even give him his check!

Rob likes spending time with his wife, he has a comic book store and TNA has got to have ECW style money to help with the ends.

Unless Vince tosses out some big cash or TNA folds (which I pray doesn't happen cause these workers will all be screwed) then I think RVD is out of the WWE.

Jesus, you would think his contract ran out this year. He's been misused since Mania. Actually, he didn't even have a match at this past Mania did he?

He was on Heat w/ Kane tagging against Storm and Morely.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Maybe he wouldn't wanna do all the traveling anymore and just go the TNA route. Hell the money he would get on the Indy scene would be pretty damn good too. Also if he is gonna stay, I hope he holds Vinnie Mac up for a shitload.

we could see another possible renaissance in wrestling. Here's to hopeing :cheers: .

Except that it will be a Russo Renaissance.

There's one itty bitty matter TNA needs to take care of before I can wipe away it's chances of going bellyup overnight. :D

RVD would make alot on indys and doing Japanese tours also. He would be a top name on the indy's and make $2000 an appearance like Raven or maybe even more. That doesn't even include the money he would make from TNA.

I've felt for a while that it was a strong possability that RVD would leave WWE when his contract was up even if TNA wasn't around. TNA isn't going to pay him any better than other indys (well...not much better) anyway. If RVD leaves its because HE HATES IT THERE and not because the grass (no pun intended) is greener somewhere else.

we could see another possible renaissance in wrestling.  Here's to hopeing :cheers: .

Except that it will be a Russo Renaissance.

There's one itty bitty matter TNA needs to take care of before I can wipe away it's chances of going bellyup overnight. :D

Not anymore.

Russo's last show was yesterday and he won't be brought back on air OR as a writer while Hogan is around.

Russo has left the building.

Well say he does 1 indy appearance a week as well as 1 TNA appearance a week. That is 4,000 a week for working just 2 dates instead of the 4 he has to work for WWE. That is 16,000 a month. That is 192,000 dollars a year, not including any Japanese tours he would go on bumping it up even more. He would still get to be on tv with MLW and TNA also.

THANK YOU HOGAN!

Now get TNA on TV and I'll be a Hogan fan.

Back on topic

Wasn't one of the main reasons Rob stayed in ECW for the schedule?