TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Stu Hart dies

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Well Bret likely owns the footage and I'm sure if Vince asked, He'd give it to him.

Yea right. Bret wouldn't let Vince fuck up his family's work. Although they've patched things up, Bret isn't a moron.

Bret wants the damn dvd so bad, he'd sell the footage if thats what it takes...

Doubtful. He has pride, he wouldn't sell it to Vince, and besides, what would Vince want with it? He wouldn't gain *that* much from it.

Vince & stu were always on good terms. Vince will give Stu a good tribute I'm sure.

Are you sure? I'm sure their relationship was through Bret and Owen only. I always had the impression Stu didn't have much time for Vince.

Guest Choken One
Well Bret likely owns the footage and I'm sure if Vince asked, He'd give it to him.

Yea right. Bret wouldn't let Vince fuck up his family's work. Although they've patched things up, Bret isn't a moron.

Bret wants the damn dvd so bad, he'd sell the footage if thats what it takes...

Doubtful. He has pride, he wouldn't sell it to Vince, and besides, what would Vince want with it? He wouldn't gain *that* much from it.

Power. He'd make money off the DVD with or without but Bret won't do it unless it has Stampede...

For some reason Vince can't do the dvd with bret's consent or something...

Guest Choken One
Vince & stu were always on good terms. Vince will give Stu a good tribute I'm sure.

Are you sure? I'm sure their relationship was through Bret and Owen only. I always had the impression Stu didn't have much time for Vince.

aside from the fact he appeared at countless shows, even after bret left and Owen died...

aside from the fact he appeared at countless shows, even after bret left and Owen died...

Stu went to the shows to help Bruce get a development deal with Stampede. And it was only one show in 2001, that was it. There wasn't countless shows.

Guys, Bret doesn't own the footage...and also Stu and Vince got along pretty well. Stu understood that what Vince did was for business, except for the Owen's death.

One catch with a Stu Hart tribute video:

Does Vince own any footage of Stu Hart at all aside from shows he was in the crowd for after his retirement?

Another legend has passed...always a sad day... :(

Boy, if it wasn't for my devotion to scary ass cat pics, I would want to put that in my sig even though I would cry upon every viewing... please forgive me I can't type anymore right now. :(

Edited by frozenblockofpissreborn

Hopefully they still do a tribute match for him. Heck, WCW did an Owen Hart tribute match and Owen never worked for them.

Not to nitpick but Owen worked for WCW in 1991.

Wasn't it Bret that came to them and ask them about doing a Owen tribute match with Benoit?

WCW knew they were coming to the Kemper Arena for Nitro so they offered Bret the night off but instead he asked for a long match with Chris Benoit billed as a tribute to Owen.

Trivia: Bret was thinking about losing that match to Benoit but WCW respectfully objected as it would have been a real downer!

Trivia: Bret was thinking about losing that match to Benoit but WCW respectfully objected as it would have been a real downer!

I think thats common knowledge.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I always forget how the match ended...did Bret win with the sharpshooter?

Sorry, but fuck WCW. I doubt they "respectfully objected." They just did their usual thing of fucking over Benoit. The guy who jobbed to Fit Finlay on PPV. Good lord.

I think thats common knowledge.

Okay...Trivia for the really new guys then :P

Now I see your point about Benoit getting f'd over but I was nearly crying during that match anyway, if Bret had lost I probably wouldn't have ever wanted to watch wrestling again.

Guest Askewniverse

Yes.

yep...after 25-30 minutes of great mat wrestling...a totally clean submission win

I love that match (****1/2 IMO if you're into snowflakes...maybe more with the wrestling during the commercial breaks...I know some have seen it in it's entirety)

Guest Choken One
Full pic from Owen's funeral:

face344b.jpg

how the hell did Douglas get in front row with bret?

and jericho is way in the back

I don't know what to say. I mean, I know this has been expected for quite a while now, but still.

Pro. Wrestling has truly lost one of the all-time legends.

This man did so much for the industry, and to the day he died (unless he just up and changed his mind in the past few months) he stood for the most importat aspect of the "sport" that we all love and respect so much...

...wrestling.

He knew what it was all about, and that's the wrestling.

I feel so sorry for the Hart family right now, and obviously especially for Bret. That guy has been through so much. I truly hope Vince and WWE will allow him to have the moment that he so deserves soon, at WMXX.

Rest in peace Stu Hart, you will be missed by all true fans and members of the industry that you so loved.

I'm not asking this to be insensetive in anyway, hell, I'm still kinda down, but do you think this has increased or decreased the chance of Bret at WrestlemaniaXX?

Edited by frozenblockofpissreborn

Guest FrigidSoul

face344b.jpg

If they didn't let Douglas get in the front he would have complained about it in a 45min interview

face344b.jpg

If they didn't let Douglas get in the front he would have complained about it in a 45min interview

Oh, come on, now.

This thead is about the late Stu Hart. Please, don't degenerate this into Franchise hate.

Edited by JN News

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Everything has already been said for the most part, so I'll just say RIP Stu, and thank you.

I actually picked up the book about Stu a couple weeks ago, and it's a great read, I highly recommend it.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Who ever owns the Stamped footage has Bret vs Nick Bockwinkel in a 1 Hour Draw from 1982.... Now that I'd like to see..........