TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Evolution

Smartmarks Fake Baseball League

Guest Evolution

No retirements this year.

Arbitration:

SEA: Ann Onita gets a new one-year contract worth $3,772,857 through salary arbitration.

VAN: Mike Van Siclen gets a new one-year contract worth $1,336,786 through salary arbitration.

CHA: Joseph Corbin gets a new one-year contract worth $1,682,857 through salary arbitration.

Peter Kostka

Marvin Jenkins

If you guys are reading this thread, the time has come for free agency. If you have any preference on where you want to go, let me know and I will do my best to strike a deal with that team.

And please do hurry, because we have some impatient rookies waiting to be drafted.

Guest FrigidSoul

Is there anyway you can do the draft before FA? I only ask because I'd like to talk PK into joining the team I'm drafted on. I'd like to see us become the Prior and Wood of a team(minus the injuries)

Guest Evolution
Is there anyway you can do the draft before FA? I only ask because I'd like to talk PK into joining the team I'm drafted on. I'd like to see us become the Prior and Wood of a team(minus the injuries)

No worries. If you guys end up on opposite teams, you can ask for a trade. Two members of the same team in Mike Van Siclen and Robert Henderson have approved a trade to the New Orleans Crunk Machine, so two more players (or two more trades with multiple TSM players on the same team) can be conducted before the trading deadline.

In other words, no, I can't do the draft before free agency.

*Goes to Nevada ranch for a month to ponder*

Well, Seattle is an obvious choice, and Chicago and Denver look good. But I don't have a real preference; just show me the money.

That's interesting. Atlanta and Vancouver are the only teams with winning records that have never been conference/league champions. And the Bums and Boston are perfect in the post season. Each time they were conference champs, they were league champs. Although, with wild card teams and such, that might not be true anymore.

Let's go Atlanta! Draft some really awesome players and pick up some equally if not more awesome players in free agency and trades!

Speaking of which, Evo, I want Frost traded to Atlanta for some crappy catcher or something. Have him and DeSantis batting back-to-back.

Guest Evolution

Marvin Jenkins didn't want to play for Atlanta, and Jacksonville didn't have enough money to afford him...Marvin wants to play for a winner, right?

Oklahoma: Free agent P Marvin Jenkins has been signed to a contract of $10,315,000 per year, for 4 years.

Kostka told me he wanted a ring, but the money was nice too. Well, considering his contract was just over a million when he was with the Pride/Jokers...

Los Angeles: Free agent P Peter Kostka has been signed to a contract of $7,424,300 per year, for 4 years.

Oklahoma is a team that still needs improvement, Los Angeles is the best cheap team in the SFBL, as they finished 82-80 with the 22nd-ranked payroll in the SFBL last year.

Phoenix: Free agent P Rolf Dreikugeln has been signed to a contract of $3,021,000 per year, for 4 years.

Chicago: Free agent P Ben Dover has been signed to a minor league contract.

So anyway, Jenkins joins Marsch and Suzuki on the Twisters, and Kostka is going to the Holes to join up with former Crime Spree member Austin Sly.

As for the trade of the century sending Henderson/Van Siclen to New Orleans...the Crunk Machine cannot afford Robert Henderson's contract. They can afford Van Siclen's however, and that deal can go down for Sergio Santana (the current all-time homerun leader) if MVS wishes for it to happen.

Tipsy Gesner, the third person in this blockbuster deal, can be delivered to New Orleans for either Santana or John Scherfenberg.

Anyway, the free agent draft shockwaves are over, now it's time for the aftermath. :(

I don't know if he's staying, but I would like to be the first to welcome Marvin to the Twisters. At the very least, it looks like the Twisters are trying to improve. That's a positive sign.

Guest FrigidSoul

We'll see where I wind up. I'm not a fan of Los Angeles so I doubt I'll be joining PK. I better be a first round pick...hopefully out of the first 5 too.

Guest Evolution

For the rookies -- draft order:

1) Kansas City Real McCoys

2) Montreal Fritures de Liberte

3) Oklahoma Twisters

4) Detroit Motor Vehicles

5) Phoenix Ashes

6) Houston Horny Toads

7) New Orleans Crunk Machine

8) Baltimore Crime Spree

9) Vancouver Vasectomy

10) Charlotte Harlots

11) Indianapolis Ignition

12) Las Vegas Jokers

13) Philadelphia Freedom

14) Los Angeles Glory Holes

15) New York Bums

16) Atlanta Hanoi Janes

17) Boston Tea Baggers

18) Memphis Eels

19) Jacksonville Jackoffs

20) Denver Douchebags

21) New Jersey Clerks

22) Chicago Transit Authority

23) Seattle Frasiers

24) Columbus Pride

Guest FrigidSoul

I could live with going to Oaklahoma if Will and Marvin are there...although I'd have to see if they're more than just nice people and actually contribute.

I also wouldn't mind being drafted 17th because...well...they're Boston.

Well, I guess I'm finally about to be drafted. I'd like to play for Chicago, since it's my home town...maybe I'll ask for a trade, since I'm just a worthless prospect at this point.

Anyways, found a pic for myself, don't know if it'll work..

robbins1.jpg

Well, at least I won't have to move from my Nevada ranch.

Here's to the Glory Holes pulling an A's and cheap-assing themselves to success (better success than the A's, of course)

Guest Evolution

How about that.

Our three rookies go 1-2-3.

Kansas City pick: SS Adam West

Montreal pick: CF Jonathan Dehn

Oklahoma pick: P Frigid Soul

Spring Training is next, but I'll wait to see reaction from the rookies.

Plus, I need to hear from Mike Van Siclen and Marvin Jenkins regarding the Vancouver trade and Jenkins being signed to the Twisters, respectively.

*prays that Las Vegas will improve....by some ranking* Are the end of year stats somewhere Evo or did I miss 'em? Nevermind, found 'em.

I'm hereby declaring my legacy in this league will simply revolve around my base stealing abilities!

621 career SB's and an INSANE career SB % of 81.4

Guest Evolution
Can the Pride afford me?

What about New York?

Both of those teams can afford you.

Guest Evolution
Twisters Attempt 1:

twisterlogo12.jpg

This is the only attempt at a Twisters' logo so far, courtesy of Will_Scarlet (Shiro Suzuki)

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

it should be noted that Jacksonville has the best record in league history, thanks to lifer Winston Ghandi. Too bad we couldn't get Marvin.

Guest Evolution
I hope someone else tries one. In hindsight, I am not really a big fan of that logo, but I am too lazy and lacking in ideas to work on another one.

I thought you had the right idea, there was just something off about it. Much better than I'd ever be able to do, certainly.

Guest Obrechtion

Given ten or more years and Paco might give a run at that stolen base mark. It's is a hefty mark to try and reach but if he stays with Jacksonville, he's got a chance.