TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Evolution

Smartmarks Fake Baseball League

Well, my career is quickly quickly dwindling now, lol. If I ever get straight out released Evo, delete me after the season cause I can't bear to watch my baby toil away in nowheresville. Don't worry folks, I'll be creating a person(maybe his kid) to succeed him.

I lead the SFBL in career triples and stolen bases which is nice to see(still hold the season record at 71...whoo!). I also have a sparkling 81% success rate in SB's which is more amazing considering I've played in 12 seasons already.

Guest Evolution

Nah. Retiring people is so pointless. I could've retired John Duran a long time ago, but I'm glad I didn't, because he went to the postseason this past season and actually got some playing time.

I've been asking to have Gonzales retired for a long time. But I see he's signed through 2018, so maybe that'll be the last season for him. I hope so, anyway. Then I can bring in the possibly unstopable Tiny Gonzales!

Or something.

Go Janes and such.

Guest Evolution

No retirements this year, as Giant Gonzales will see another year. Unfortunately, so will Ben Dover. Another year in hell for him.

Free agents:

Robert Henderson

Charlie Matthews

Eric LeBeau

Joseph Corbin

If any of you guys have a preference on where you'd like to go in free agency, let me know so I can spin the wheel and make the deal.

Jesse Ewiak has also been added to the amateur draft pool.

Guest Evolution

FREE AGENCY/ARBITRATION

Friday 2/2/2018 :

Chicago: Free agent P Eric LeBeau has been signed to a contract of $6,675,000 per year, for 6 years.

Saturday 2/3/2018 :

Baltimore: Free agent C Charlie Matthews has been signed to a contract of $2,926,000 per year, for 4 years.

Monday 2/5/2018 :

Memphis: Free agent LF Robert Henderson has been signed to a contract of $16,000,000 per year, for 4 years.

Joseph Corbin was not signed to any team during the free agency period.

OKL: Timothy Marsch gets a new one-year contract worth $3,515,000 through salary arbitration.

LA: Austin Sly gets a new one-year contract worth $2,246,071 through salary arbitration.

CHA: Ann Onita gets a new one-year contract worth $3,772,857 through salary arbitration.

NRL: Mike Van Siclen gets a new one-year contract worth $1,336,786 through salary arbitration.

AMATEUR DRAFT

Jesse Ewiak was selected first in the 2018 Amateur Draft by the Kansas City Real McCoys.

The Kansas City coach has assured the media that Ewiak will get plenty of exposure on the team as the Real McCoys' designated hitter.

--

It's time for Spring Training, so if there are any requests from people who want to play different positions, speak now.

If you want to learn a new position, you have to take points away from these categories, which all start out with five points (the max):

For Batters-- Contact Hitting, Power Hitting, Strike Zone Judgment, Defense

For Pitchers-- Pure Stuff, Pitching Velocity, Pitching Control, Stamina

Guest Evolution
*Hums #1 by Nelly even though I have no clue of how it goes...*

Contact Hitting 6 , Power Hitting 4 , Strike Zone Judgment 7 , Defense 3

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, you can rearrange your points on what you want to learn more if you wish as well, not necessarily if you want to learn a new position.

I am not sure if Suzuki's old ass can improve any, but, after his atrocious seeing his atrocious .230 last year, and the fact that I am hoping he can somehow get to 3,000 hits, I figure it's worth a shot:

Contact Hitting - 7

Power Hitting - 2

Strike Zone Judgment 7

Defense - 4

I should be more clear. You have to take five points away from the four categories I've listed in order to learn a new position. So you can basically only distribute fifteen points among those four categories if you want to learn a new position.

Hmm...nevermind...

:lol:

Logan, didn't you also want a trade from Detroit? That can be worked out after Spring Training if you want to let me know where you want to go.

Do any of last year's playoff teams need a third basemen?

Basically, I'd okay a trade to anyone who did better than Detroit (Chicago, Columbus, Denver, Jacksonville, Jersey, Memphis, New York, Philly and Boston).

Guest Evolution

I should be more clear. You have to take five points away from the four categories I've listed in order to learn a new position. So you can basically only distribute fifteen points among those four categories if you want to learn a new position.

Logan, didn't you also want a trade from Detroit? That can be worked out after Spring Training if you want to let me know where you want to go.

Guest Evolution

Will, if you could just divide fifteen points among Contact, Strike Zone and Defense, that'd be helpful.

And Logan, the following teams that did better than Detroit need a 3B:

Chicago

Jacksonville

New Jersey

Take your pick.

Guest Evolution

Oklahoma didn't make any big moves in the offseason...I'm not expecting big things from the Twisters.

Guest Obrechtion

Chicago has a third baseman in Paco Fernandez. If there is room at another infield position, preferably second over short, then I would be willing to move. Here would be my numbers:

Power: 4

Defense: 2

Strike Zone: 6

Chicago has a third baseman in Paco Fernandez.  If there is room at another infield position, preferably second over short, then I would be willing to move.  Here would be my numbers:

Power: 4

Strike Zone: 6

If it's all okay with you, you are the future of the ballclub and deserve to play third. I was already willing to make a move to first, but I was a little gunshy on doing it for Detroit.

Evo, if I end up in Chicago, I'd like to allow Paco to keep playing at third, and move to first:

Contact Hitting: 5

Power Hitting: 3

Strike Zone Judgment: 5

Guest Evolution

Just talked to Rob E about what he wanted to use his points for, as he's learning for a move to first base as well.

Contact - 6

Power - 2

Strike Zone Judgment - 3

Defense - 4

Guest Evolution

SPRING TRAINING RESULTS

Charlie Matthews has good batting practice sessions!

Charlie Matthews seems to have lost some power.

Ann Onita has lost some throwing velocity.

Ann Onita has improved her control!

Eric LeBeau has good pitching sessions!

Eric LeBeau has lost some throwing velocity.

Paco Fernandez seems to have lost some power.

Paco Fernandez showed good strike zone judgement!

Jonathan Dehn has good batting practice sessions!

Logan Caldwell was not able to adjust to First Base.

Jesse Ewiak has good batting practice sessions!

David Hunter defense at Second Base suffers.

David Hunter has good batting practice sessions!

David Hunter displays more power in batting practice!

Austin Sly displays more power in batting practice!

Austin Sly showed good strike zone judgement!

Peter Kostka has good pitching sessions!

Robert Henderson now plays First Base.

Robert Henderson seems to have lost some power.

Robert Henderson displayed poor strike zone judgement!

Brandon Rhodes displays more power in batting practice!

Mike Van Siclen has good batting practice sessions!

Mike Van Siclen showed good strike zone judgement!

Adam West showed good strike zone judgement!

Shiro Suzuki was not able to adjust to Centerfield.

Shiro Suzuki has good batting practice sessions!

Shiro Suzuki seems to have lost some power.

Shiro Suzuki showed good strike zone judgement!

Gabriel Cirillo has poor pitching sessions.

Gabriel Cirillo has lost some throwing velocity.

Timothy Marsch has poor batting practice sessions.

Timothy Marsch showed good strike zone judgement!

Rolf Dreikugeln has good pitching sessions!

Rolf Dreikugeln has lost some throwing velocity.

Logan not adjusting to first base is a big blow to his chances of playing in Chicago, as Chicago would likely go with Paco at third instead of Logan.

Logan can still play for Chicago, but it would likely be in a DH role. Either way, the addition of Logan would be very beneficial to the Transit Authority, who are currently very weak in having an extra player to be DH.

Shiro Suzuki was not able to adjust to Centerfield.

Shiro Suzuki has good batting practice sessions!

Shiro Suzuki seems to have lost some power.

Shiro Suzuki showed good strike zone judgement!

Alright! This has to be the first time I've seen Shiro go up with one of these things. I usually dread them. Nice to see they went well,

Guest Evolution
Whoo hoo at me going up in batting and power! Something I sorely needed, screw my piss poor defense. The rest of the infielders can cover me or something :lol:

Actually, David, you're the DH for the team, and I'm pretty sure you have been for awhile now.

Guest Evolution

SFBL TSM PLAYER SCOUTING REPORTS

CALDWELL, LOGAN

Logan Caldwell will be one of the better players on most teams. He can do a lot at the plate, and will definitely contribute. Logan has above average hand-eye coordination. He makes frequent contact. Logan has explosive power. Look for him to go deep often. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count, however. Logan does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He is a burner, and will also steal a few bases along the way. Logan is an average third baseman defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

CIRILLO, GABRIEL

Gabriel Cirillo clearly possesses immense talent, and looks to be a top starter for many years. He has great instincts and determination. He could pitch very well at the big league level. He mixes his pitches and changes speed often. Although he will give up the occasional HR, he is pretty good at keeping balls in the field of play. He has good control and can usually put his pitches right where he wants them. He is a true power pitcher. Gabriel can just flat-out throw it by anyone. He has a pretty good move to first, this is something he has really worked hard on. His defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove. Bunting is no problem for Gabriel, he often moves runners into scoring position via the sacrifice.

CORBIN, JOSEPH

Joseph Corbin is not a good solution, at least at this point. He should be in the minors, with a September callup if needed. He has difficulty making contact consistently. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid HR figures each season. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. Joseph won't fan too much, but still occasionally goes after bad pitches. He's got good speed, and can really measure his lead well. Joseph is an average shortstop defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

DEHN, JONATHAN

Jonathan Dehn is a HUGE prospect. Write it down - he will be a star in the future. This is a young man who has a shot at greatness. He could already be a quality contributor in the majors. Jonathan has above average hand-eye coordination. He makes frequent contact. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid HR figures each season. He has a pretty good eye at the plate. He will draw his share of free passes, but won't hesitate to go after his pitch. Jonathan does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He is one of the best baserunners in the league, a guy most managers let steal at will. Jonathan is an average center fielder defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

DESANTIS, CARLOS

Carlos DeSantis is an outstanding player, some might even say a star. You'll never have to worry about this guy - he will deliver. A natural hitter, Carlos covers the plate well. Carlos has explosive power. Look for him to go deep often. He has a pretty good eye at the plate. He will draw his share of free passes, but won't hesitate to go after his pitch. Carlos is tough to fan. He gets the bat on the ball most of the time. He is an average runner, and not really much of a threat to steal. Carlos is an average first baseman defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

DOVER, BEN

Ben Dover is destined to be a career minor leaguer at best. He just is not a big league pitcher. Getting hitters out is no problem for Ben. He has good command of the strike zone and how to use it. The longball is really a problem for him, however, and control is a BIG problem for Ben. He really struggles to find the plate. Ben depends on his control and ability to change speeds to keep hitters off balance, rather than relying on the strikeout. Lefties give him more trouble than righties. His move to first is deceptively good, but he does tend to lose focus from time to time. His defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove.

DREIKUGELN, ROLF

Rolf Dreikugeln is one of the top closers in the league. Ask any manager in the league, and they'll tell you they would die to have this guy on their staff. Getting hitters out is no problem for Rolf. He has good command of the strike zone and how to use it. He generally keeps the ball in the park. Rolf does a good job keeping the ball down, making it tough to hit out of the yard. He has good control and can usually put his pitches right where he wants them. He is a true power pitcher. Rolf can just flat-out throw it by anyone. Lefties give him more trouble than righties. His move to first is deceptively good, but he does tend to lose focus from time to time. Rolf's defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove.

DURAN, JOHN

Try to limit the number of games John Duran gets in. His real value is as a reserve, and he can be a liability with too much playing time. He has difficulty making contact consistently. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid HR figures each season. He often swing at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. John does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. Lefties seem to give him more trouble than righties. He is very slow on the basepaths, so it is strictly station-to-station when he gets on. John has a good arm, and will throw out a lot of base runners. His arm commands respect, and baserunners are much more cautious.

EWIAK, JESSE

Jesse Ewiak is a HUGE prospect. Write it down - he will be a star in the future. This is a young man who has a shot at greatness. He is probably ready, right now, to test his mettle in the majors. Jesse has decent batting skills, and will get his share of base hits. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid homerun figures each season. He has a pretty good eye at the plate. He will draw his share of free passes, but won't hesitate to go after his pitch. Jesse does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He has average speed at best, but has excellent timing, and can steal a few bases. Jesse is an average first baseman defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

FERNANDEZ, PACO

Paco Fernandez has above-average talent and should be able to start a regular basis with a few years of development. He is probably ready, right now, to test his mettle in the majors. Paco has decent batting skills, and will get his share of base hits. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid homerun figures each season. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. Paco does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He is one of the best baserunners in the league, a guy most managers let steal at will. Paco is an average third baseman defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

FROST, R.J.

RJ Frost is an oustanding player, some might even say a star. You'll never have to worry about this guy - he will deliver. RJ has above average hand-eye coordination. He makes frequent contact. RJ has explosive power. Look for him to go deep often. He has a pretty good eye at the plate. He will draw his share of free passes, but won't hesitate to go after his pitch. RJ is tough to fan. He gets the bat on the ball most of the time. He is an average runner, and not really much of a threat to steal. RJ is a spectacular first baseman. He has incredible range and soft hands. He makes the easy plays, the hard plays, and everything in between.

GHANDI, WINSTON

Winston Ghandi is an oustanding player, some might even say a star. You'll never have to worry about this guy - he will deliver. Winston has above average hand-eye coordination. He makes frequent contact. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid HR figures each season. Ghandi has a great eye and uncanny patience at the plate. One hundred walks in a season is no problem for this guy, and most pitchers consider it a moral victory to strike him out. Winston is tough to fan. He gets the bat on the ball most of the time, or is eventually walked by his opposing pitchers. He has amazing speed, but takes too many foolish risks on the basepaths and as a result doesn't steal as many bases as you might expect. Winston is a very good shortstop defensively. He seems to know where the ball is going before it leaves the bat, makes fantastic reads and takes good routes to the ball.

GONZALES, GIANT

Giant Gonzales struggles mightily at times, and is probably better suited for the bottom of the rotation or as a spot starter. Giant is just a pitch away from becoming a dominant hurler. He still doesn't have his "out" pitch. Although he will give up the occasional homerun, he is pretty good at keeping balls in the field of play. He has good control and can usually put his pitches right where he wants them. Giant will get a good share of Ks during the season. His move to first is deceptively good, but he does tend to lose focus from time to time. His defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove.

HANNON, PATRICK

Patrick Hannon is the complete modern player. He can do it all, both on the field and off the field. A perennial, All-Star caliber player. Patrick has above average hand-eye coordination. He makes frequent contact. He's one of the game's premiere sluggers, no doubt. He has a pretty good eye at the plate. He will draw his share of free passes, but won't hesitate to go after his pitch. Patrick does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He's certainly not the fastest guy on the roster, but he's smart on the basepaths, and steals more bases than you might expect. Patrick is a very good third baseman defensively. He seems to know where the ball is going before it leaves the bat, makes fantastic reads and takes good routes to the ball.

HENDERSON, ROBERT

Robert Henderson is the kind of guy most managers would love to stick in the middle of the order. He's solid and will do the job for you. Robert is a tremendous hitter. He has a knack for finding the sweet spot when he connects, and can hit any pitch with authority. He's one of the game's premiere sluggers, no doubt. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. Robert does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He's good good speed, and can really measure his lead well. Robert is a pretty weak first baseman. He has very little range and will miss even routine balls. Quite frankly, he's a bit of a mess defensively ever since he moved from leftfield to first.

HUNTER, DAVID

David Hunter is hard to figure out. He'll have some great games, and then go ice cold for weeks at a time. In the long run, his inconsistency makes him unreliable. David will occasionally come up with a big hit, but in order to contribute consistently to the team, he needs to work on his hitting. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid HR figures each season. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. David is tough to fan. He gets the bat on the ball most of the time. He's got good speed, and can really measure his lead well. David is a pretty weak second baseman. He has very little range and will miss even routine balls. Quite frankly, he's a bit of a mess defensively.

JAMES, EDWARD

Edward James is the kind of guy most managers would love to stick in the middle of the order. He's solid and will do the job for you. Edward shows outstanding balance at the plate, and has a smooth, classic stroke that you see in the game's best hitters. He's one of the game's premiere sluggers, no doubt. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. Edward does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He is one of the best baserunners in the league, a guy most managers let steal at will. Edward is a spectacular third baseman. He has incredible range and soft hands. He makes the easy plays, the hard plays, and everything in between.

JENKINS, MARVIN

Marvin Jenkins is one of the league's premiere pitchers. Getting hitters out is no problem for Marvin. He has good command of the strike zone and how to use it. You'd be lucky if you see a homer hit against this guy. He has good control and can usually put his pitches right where he wants them. Marvin will get a good share of Ks during the season. Righties give him more trouble than lefties. He has a pretty good move to first, this is something he has really worked hard on. His defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove.

KOSTKA, PETER

Peter Kostka is a middle-of-the-road starter. Peter is just a pitch away from becoming a dominant hurler. He still needs more work on his "out" pitch. You'd be lucky if you see a homer hit against this guy. He has mastered the art of hitting the strike zone with his pitches. Peter will not walk many. Peter will pile up the strikeouts. With his stuff, he can simply blow hitters away. Righties give him more trouble than lefties. His move to first is deceptively good, but he does tend to lose focus from time to time. His defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove.

LEBEAU, ERIC

Eric LeBeau throws the ball with confidence. He probably won't be a 20-game winner, but he is very much a quality starter. Eric constantly keeps hitters off balance and guessing. At times he works a little too high in the zone, leading to balls leaving the park. He has good control and can usually put his pitches right where he wants them. Eric will get a good share of Ks during the season. His move to first is deceptively good, but he does tend to lose focus from time to time. His defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove.

MARSCH, TIMOTHY

Timothy Marsch is a hard-worker with solid tools. Most managers would give anything to have eight of these guys in the starting lineup. Timothy has above average hand-eye coordination. He makes frequent contact. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid HR figures each season. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. Timothy won't fan too much, but still occasionally goes after bad pitches. He is one of the best baserunners in the league, a guy most managers let steal at will. Timothy has an average arm, and will throw out just enough people to cause baserunners to think a little more before trying to steal a base.

MATTHEWS, CHARLIE

Charlie Matthews will contribute a lot to the team. He's got a great stroke, some nice pop in his bat and is a lot of fun and well-liked in the clubhouse. Charlie will occasionally come up with a big hit, but in order to contribute consistently to the team, he needs to work on his hitting. Charlie has explosive power. Look for him to go deep often. He has a pretty good eye at the plate. He will draw his share of free passes, but won't hesitate to go after his pitch. Charlie does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He's got good speed, and can really measure his lead well. Charlie has a good arm, and will throw out a lot of base runners. His arm commands respect, and baserunners are much more cautious.

MCCLAIN, NIGEL

Nigel McClain clearly possesses immense talent, and looks to be a top starter for many years. He has great instincts and determination. He's now ready to face big league hitters. Getting hitters out is no problem for Nigel. He has good command of the strike zone and how to use it. Although he will give up the occasional homerun, he is pretty good at keeping balls in the field of play. He has good control and can usually put his pitches right where he wants them. Nigel will pile up the strikeouts. With his stuff, he can simply blow hitters away. His move to first is deceptively good, but he does tend to lose focus from time to time. His defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove. If he ever finds himself at the plate for any reason, bunting is no problem for Nigel. He often moves runners into scoring position via the sacrifice, but he also often finds himself not getting to bat in a regulation SFBL game.

ONITA, ANN

Ann Onita throws the ball with confidence. She probably won't be a 20-game winner, but she is very much a quality starter. Ann constantly keeps hitters off balance and guessing. Although she will give up the occasional HR, she is pretty good at keeping balls in the field of play. She usually doesn't beat herself with walks, but she really does need better command of the strike zone. Ann will get a good share of Ks during the season. She has a pretty good move to first, this is something she has really worked hard on. Her defense is adequate, she doesn't hurt herself too much with the glove.

RHODES, BRANDON

Brandon Rhodes has some skills, but not enough to make him into an outstanding second baseman. He could evolve as a starter, but at this point looks to be a reserve. One of the league's premiere baserunners. Brandon is an average second baseman defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

SLY, AUSTIN

Austin Sly is a hard-worker with solid tools. Most managers would give anything to have eight of these guys in the starting lineup. Austin has above average hand-eye coordination. He makes frequent contact. Austin has explosive power. Look for him to go deep often. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. Austin does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. Austin combines excellent speed with a runner's instincts and is able to steal 30 bases a season easily. Austin is an average right fielder defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

SOUL, FRIGID

Frigid Soul clearly possesses immense talent, and looks to be a top starter for many years. He has great instincts and determination. He could pitch very well at the big league level. He mixes his pitches and changes speed often. Although he will give up the occasional HR, he is pretty good at keeping balls in the field of play. He has good control and can usually put his pitches right where he wants them. Frigid will pile up the strikeouts. With his stuff, he can simply blow hitters away. His move to first is deceptively good, but he does tend to lose focus from time to time. His defense is adequate, he doesn't hurt himself too much with the glove.

SUZUKI, SHIRO

Shiro Suzuki is hard to figure out. He'll have some great games, and then go ice cold for weeks at a time. In the long run, his inconsistency makes him unreliable. Shiro will occasionally come up with a big hit, but in order to contribute consistently to the team, he needs to work on his hitting. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid HR figures each season. Patience is really not a strength of Shiro. He won't draw many walks, and usually will go after the first decent pitch he sees. Shiro does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. Combines excellent speed with a runner's instincts and is able to steal 30 bases a season easily. Shiro is an average third baseman defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazle you with his glove.

VAN SICLEN, MIKE

Mike Van Siclen is hard to figure out. He'll have some great games, and then go ice cold for weeks at a time. In the long run, his inconsistency makes him unreliable. Mike doesn't hit much for average, but with lots of hard work in the cage, he could improve significantly. Although he's more of a contact hitter, he does have some pop, and will go yard occasionally. He often swings at bad pitches and struggles to go deep in the count. Mike won't fan too much, but still occasionally goes after bad pitches. Lefties seem to give him more trouble than righties. He is a burner, and will also steal a few bases along the way. Mike is an average shortstop defensively. He has decent range and will make most routine plays, but certainly will not dazzle you with his glove.

WEST, ADAM

Adam West is a HUGE prospect. Write it down -- he will be a star in the future. This is a young man who has a shot at greatness. He could already be a quality contributor in the majors. Adam has above average hand-eye coordination. He makes frequent contact. He has pretty good pop in his bat, and will post solid homerun figures each season. He has a pretty good eye at the plate. He will draw his share of free passes, but won't hesitate to go after his pitch. Adam does a decent job protecting the plate, and will make contact when you need him to. He is one of the best baserunners in the league, a guy most managers let steal at will. Adam is a spectacular shortstop. He has incredible range and soft hands. He makes the easy plays, the hard plays, and everything in between.

As soon as we get things figured out with whether or not Caldwell is moving to Chicago, we can begin the season in the near future.

I noticed that Gonzales had not spring training results. At his age, you don't have to show up for spring training. I think he was in Tiajuana getting a fur transplant. Or something.

*pray for Frost or someone to hit a ball back to Gonzales, breaking his face, ending his career*

I hope my guy can carry over his Godly performance in the championship series to the new season and be a good leadoff hitter. Need to stay healthy, though...I think he missed about 20-40 games last year.

Time for a repeat.

Evo..care to change my nickname again to Tortis? I would have a good chuckle at that.