TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Road Warrior Hawk passes away

From Dave Meltzer

Mike Hegstrand, part of perhaps the most successful tag team ever on the U.S. wrestling scene, the Road Warriors, passed away at about 1:30 a.m. last night. Further details are unavailable. He is believed to be either 45 or 46.

It's also on 1wrestling.com

Damn....just damn. :(

I was beyond a huge Road Warriors fan when I was a kid and this is a shame. I guess RAW will be honoring two greats this week.

Guest Choken One

Not Sad at All.

I'm sorry for his family but I don't believe in getting sappy for a guy that knowingly abused himself.

Of course, LOD gave us great matches back in the day, but I'll best remember Hawk for kicking my ass in WrestleFest. :)

Guest Choken One

How was this a shock? I expected him to die before Stu Hart did..

Always believe Stu Hart was immortal.

I am in HUGE fucking shock right now. I'm talking, absolutely huge. I'm one of the biggest Road Warriors fans, especially Hawk, that there has ever been.

My nephew watched Hawk wrestle up near Charlotte just last night, and pulled out a victory against someone (I forget who he said it was). That was around 10:30 or 11:00 last night.

He died just a few hours later in his sleep.

Road Warrior Hawk, Mike Hegstrand, you will FOREVER be missed.

hawk1.jpg

Yet another one of our "family" has passed on, I'm still simply in shock, and very sad right now.

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest Choken One

for wrestlers alone?

I'll say its at 12.

Curt, Stu, Shiek, Big Dick, Pittbull 11, Rocco Rock, Hawk, Elizabeth and I'm sure there were others

for wrestlers alone?

I'll say its at 12.

Curt, Stu, Shiek, Big Dick, Pittbull 11, Rocco Rock, Hawk, Elizabeth and I'm sure there were others

Crimson Mask I over at WrestlingClassics just posted the following list, for this year alone...

Naoto Morishita, The Sheik, Ox Anderson, Curt Hennig, Michiaki Yoshimura, Tony Altimore, Sailor Art Thomas, Kodo Fuyuki, Bruiser Brian Cox, Les Kellet, Ray Mendoza, Babs Wingo, Jackie Nichols, Kurt Von Poppenheim, Miss Elizabeth, Fred Blassie, Jack Curran, Danny Johnson, Mickey Gold, Tug Wilson, Giant Ochiai, Great Antonio, Pitbull #2, Stu Hart, Road Warrior Hawk.

...good lord. :(

Guest Choken One

only like 8 of them are even known outside indy circles and Japan...who the hell was Tug Wilson or Danny Johnson?

Guys, The Smart Marks has posted a news article on this on the Main Page now, which includes my own pathetic tribute to the man.

Road Warrior Hawk Passes Away.

I can't say much more here than I did there. I am very sad to hear this news.

Not Sad at All.

I'm sorry for his family but I don't believe in getting sappy for a guy that knowingly abused himself.

As far as YOU go Choken One, how about just ONCE in your pathetic life you show a tiny bit of CLASS? You open your mouth, talking garbage about which you know NOTHING. If you knew ANYTHING about Hawk, you would know that he had changed his ways and was now trying to help people not make the same mistakes he did.

What else can we expect from a man who got banned from this very board right after the 9/11 attacks, for saying something equally as STUPID.

I guess we can't all be as good as you, an illiterate know it all, who spends 23 hours a day talking about things which he knows NOTHING about on an internet message board.

You are a fool.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Not Sad at All.

As far as YOU go Choken One, how about just ONCE in your pathetic life you show a tiny bit of CLASS? You open your mouth, talking garbage about which you know NOTHING. If you knew ANYTHING about Hawk, you would know that he had changed his ways and was now trying to help people not make the same mistakes he did.

What else can we expect from a man who got banned from this very board right after the 9/11 attacks, for saying something equally as STUPID.

I guess we can't all be as good as you, an illiterate know it all, who spends 23 hours a day talking about things which he knows NOTHING about on an internet message board.

You are a fool.

I agree 100%. You'd think maybe as a person, with any self respect, you would shed your cynical outlook at the business and RECOGNIZE that someone has passed away. Drug addicts or recovering addicts are everywhere. If you disregard them as junkies and inhumanely discard their death because of their past - then I pity you.