TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Korrosive

A theory

Guest Korrosive

We all know that you aren't getting on top of the WWE unless Triple H or the Undertaker allow it. You may think i'm crazy but I think these 2 guys are responsible for guys like Benoit, RVD, and Eddie not getting the world title. You see, it took Undertaker approximately 7 years to win his first world title. It took Triple H about 4. I'm sure Paul and Mark want these guys to "pay their dues" before they are "ready" for a world title. With that in mind, RVD won't be winning the title until 2--5-2007 (if he somehow isn't fired) Benoit and Guerrero won't win their world title until 2004-2006.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I think he meant credible run. a 6 day shit reign really isn't something to brag about.

I think he meant credible run. a 6 day shit reign really isn't something to brag about.

But beating Hogan CLEANLY in the days where that NEVER happened is something to brag about.

Er, didn't Flair slide in a steel chair, and Taker tombstoned Hogan on the steel chair to get the win and the title? Not exactly a clean win.....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Undertakers first reign is equal to Kane's in importance. It wasn't important. He defended it once (on T.V./PPV that is. He defended it against DBS on a house show that weekend) and lost the match to the guy he beat (with the help of Flair and a chair).

Still, he WON the title, but not because Vince wanted him to have it. Just a way to get it on Flair w/o Hogan jobbing to him.

*twitches at the OP insisting on referring to Trips and Taker as "Paul and Mark"*

Insert Saved by the Bell joke: Mark-Paul played Zack on the show and kept both Mario and Dustin in their place.

Also Undertaker got instant approval as he beat Hogan for the title in his 1st year.

Guest BDC

Home-grown talent, Vince's fingerprints are there. If he didn't make them, he wants to remake them.

Guest Choken One

Brock=Vince's Utopia

Angle=They needed a transition champion to put the title on Rock...that and he quickly became a good political player unlike Benoit, Eddy and RVD.

then how did brock or kurt end up with the belt

Because Vince knew before he ever put them on TV that they were GOING to be the champion, come Hell or high water.

This is what gets me most about "It takes time to create new stars".

It takes less then a year if they put fucking EFFORT into it.