TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Banana Rapist goes to court....

Guest Boo_Bradley

Work order for attempted banana rape

20 October 2003

AMSTERDAM — The Alkmaar Court sentenced three Den Helder fishermen to a 100-hour community work order and a suspended jail term for the attempted rape of a colleague with a banana.

The three defendants were sentenced to a four-month suspended jail term and ordered to undergo a 40-hour course teaching them about the feelings of culprits and victims.

The court case was launched by the mother of the 29-year-old P. B., of Den Helder. The man claims he was subjected to 12 months of abuse and made to be the "prick on board" the fishing ship De Morgenster.

He claimed to have been raped in the anus with a banana, had his public hair burnt and his head shaved. The three male defendants claim the incidents were fisherman's jokes.

B kept a video diary while on board the ship and his three colleagues also made entries into the diary. The defendants described the banana incident and the public hair incident in their diary entries.

The victim was undergoing a chef and fisherman's training course at the time of the incidents and his mother decided to lodge a compliant with police after she saw the video diary entries.

The case has led to public unrest in Den Helder and television programme Twee Vandaag reported last week that B's family has been the subject of threats since the court case started.

*sighs*

Okay, Boo....okay....

Well...I guess I'll never be a fisherman if that is the kind of jokes they play.

Guest MikeSC
Wow. For Amsterdam that's pretty rough...

Heck, I'm shocked nobody has made a Bradshaw reference yet.

Oh, wait...

Damn, forget I mentioned it.

-=Mike

Guest Boo_Bradley

*sighs*

Okay, Boo....okay....

Well...I guess I'll never be a fisherman if that is the kind of jokes they play.

Boo... do .....good?

Boo, these things really ought to go in General Chat (or NHB, if appropriate). The Current Events forum is meant for discussion of more important happenings and issues. Things which are simply amusing while being barely relevant don't belong in here, and I'm actually getting rather tired of moving them.

But they're events that are current. Why should the be in General Chat if they are, by definition, current events? Just because something isn't serious doesn't mean it's not current, nor an event.

On my screen, BB has 9 of the last 30 threads posted up in CE. Now granted these might not be the most recent threads, but let's take a look at the topics.

Banana Rapist goes to court

Child Molester locked in Jail cell with Victem

Man hits Hole in One/300 in Bowling

Asians Go Under the Knife (although an older thread, it got bumped due to a related story BB posted on it, so I consider this a "new thread" for this case)

BigFoot remains found

Earhart's Grave Found?

Dog Chews off Crippled Boy's Fingers

Infant Rape on the Rise

Dog Learns Nazi Salute

Personally, I don't mind some "different" threads, but this seems like a bit of overkill...

But they're events that are current. Why should the be in General Chat if they are, by definition, current events? Just because something isn't serious doesn't mean it's not current, nor an event.

Some drunken jackass chopping his own pecker off is a "current event," but rot like that shouldn't be in this thread. CE is meant for discussion of important happenings and issues, not fluff. Fluff belongs in General Chat.

Tom-

Maybe pinning a thread reminding people not to post fluff news threads here would be a good idea.

Just thinking that could curb the problem

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I don't see how anyone being anally raped is supposed to be funny.

If you can't laugh at a drunk fisherman cramming a banana in his drunk matey's ass, you have no sense of humor. I'm sure the "raped anally" comment is just for connotation, as he probably just got jabbed in the asshole with it while he was sleeping or something. I really doubt these fisherman pinned him down and ritualistically violated him for their own sexual jollies or anything...they do that sort of shit willingly.

Guest Choken One

Yep...We did this all the time it's called HAZING.

and there isn't anything wrong with it at all...

Guest Choken One

Anyone who ever played sports know well that things like Banana rape is very common and is hardly any thing offensive...

Now, if they use a god damn Kiwi...it's a differnt ball game.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If you don't, you're going to catch a dry Chiquita upside your prostate.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Well Dr. Tom's subtle banning threat scared me straight real fast, even if Corey_L had good point earlier....

Tom-

Maybe pinning a thread reminding people not to post fluff news threads here would be a good idea.

Just thinking that could curb the problem

That's what I was planning to do, anyway. Now it has been done.

Guest TheGame2705
If you don't, you're going to catch a dry Chiquita upside your prostate.

You say too much funny shit.

Guest Plushy Al Logan
Yep...We did this all the time it's called HAZING.

and there isn't anything wrong with it at all...

There's your Bradshaw reference.