TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest j.o.b. squad

announced type match thingy

Guest j.o.b. squad

WHO WILL JIMMY HART BRING TO TNA?

After the brutal whipping legendary manager “Mouth of the South” Jimmy Hart suffered at the hands of NWA Champion Jeff Jarrett this past week, Hart promised as we went off the air that he would indeed be bringing SOMEONE to TNA this week to get revenge! Who will it be? Hart has managed many major superstars throughout his career, so it could be ANYONE! Plus – will Hulk Hogan make his presence felt this week on TNA? Tune in and find out!

GALLOWS OF RETRIBUTION / HANGMAN’S HORROR: RAVEN VS. VAMPIRO

Twenty years ago, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Greg “The Hammer” Valentine engaged in one of the most brutal and bloody dog collar match in the history of wrestling. This week on TNA, Raven has promised to bring that brutality to a new level in the Hangman’s Horror/Gallows of Retribution Match. Four dog collars and chains will be attached in the ring, and the object is to hang your opponent over the top until his passes out! Without a doubt, this could be one of the most brutal matches in TNA history as Raven attempts to take out Vampiro in order to get at Jim Mitchell!

X CHAMPION MICHAEL SHANE VS. SONJAY DUTT

Based on his recent X division success, TNA matchmakers have given newcomer Sonjay Dutt a huge opportunity this week as he faces X Champion Michael Shane! Can the high-flyer prove he can hang with the top X talent and earn a shot at the gold? Tune in and find out!

AMERICA’S MOST WANTED VS. GLENN GILBERTI AND DAVID YOUNG

According to America’s Most Wanted, they’re back on the road to reclaiming their NWA Tag Team Titles from Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger. However, this Wednesday on TNA they face another roadblock in the form of the champs’ backup muscle, Glenn Gilberti and David Young! Without a doubt, Gilberti will have some kind of plan in order to finally take AMW out of the title hunt!

KID KASH VS. ABYSS

The last time these two former partners met, Abyss nearly annihilated his former mentor, and the hatred between these two has only seemed to grow since! The monster Abyss is on the warpath in TNA, and it looks as though Kid Kash is hellbent on putting his former partner out of action! Can Kash find some way to take out Abyss, or will the monster continue to destroy everything in his path?

REDSHIRT SECURITY VS. DIRECTOR OF AUTHORITY ERIK WATTS AND NWA SECURITY DON HARRIS

The TNA power struggle continues this Wednesday night on TNA as the giant Redshirt Security of Kevin Northcutt and Ryan Wilson take on NWA Director of Authority Erik Watts and TNA Security Don Harris! Surely, TNA Management Consultant Don Callis will be on hand for this one, and who knows what the ingenious manager will have up his sleeve!

The thought crossed my mind yesterday, and I think I've realized who Hart's mystery man could be...

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

JJ's always insulting Bret, Neidhart is much more notable than freakin' Meng or Kamala, and (I'm not trying to make this sound like a bad move on TNA's part, so don't get wrong), but with Stu Hart's passing fresh in everyone's mind, I could see them go the whole "inspirational" route with Neidhart heading into the match.

Haven't seen Neidhart wrestle in a long time, but it could be a passable contest if they go the brawling/street fight route.

Yep, not ordering this show. And I'll give you a reason why for each announced match/angle...

Who will Jimmy Hart bring to TNA?

I don't fucking care. It's going to be somebody the fans don't care about, somebody that I don't care about, and somebody that will help produce a shitfest in the ring. Plus, Jeff Jarrett is involved. FUCK JEFF JARRETT.

Gallows of Retribution/Hangman's Horror

Raven vs. Vampiro

Vampiro is shit in the ring, and I've had enough Dog Collar matches. Sure, the psychology of using the Dog Collar match over and over again makes complete sense, but you know what? Dog Collar matches suck shit, since it limits what both workers can actually do in the ring (which, for Vampiro, allows him to hit a bitchslap and a pump kick, and MAYBE a chop). I love Raven, he's my favorite wrestler of all-time, but this match will suck.

X-Division Championship

Michael Shane © vs. Sonjay Dutt

I don't mind Sonjay. Nothing he's shown me in the past two weeks has impressed me to the point of giving him a shot at the X-Division title, much less the title should they job Shane, but the jury's still out. As for Michael Shane...check the signature. He is, by far, the worst X-Division champion yet. Dare I say he's the worst champion (in any division) in TNA ever? Suckfest, as Sonjay will be made to look like shit just to put RHK over.

America's Most Wanted vs. Glenn Gilberti

So, explain to me why the #1 face tag team in the company is battling a manager and an enforcer? This match will be decent, but nothing special (as-is every other AMW match not involving an opposing team consisting of superior workers). I hate AMW anyways, and Glenn is terrible in the ring.

Kid Kash vs. Abyss

How sad is it when the best match on the card features a HOSS that looks like Mankind on steroids, and a second-rate Chris Jericho? This will probably be a decent match, and I'm a fan of both men, but really...nothing too special.

Red Shirt Secuirty vs. Erik Watts/Don Harris

W O R S T M A T C H O N T H E C A R D. See that? "WORST MATCH ON THE CARD." Watts has nothing going for him but being agile for a big man and having some weird sort of charisma (which I actually like him for, as he's such a nerdy "cool guy" that it works), and Harris can be in some entertaining brawls, but Red Shirts? Ryan Wilson has less talent than Nathan Jones, and Kevin Northcutt needs to bump. Trainwreck, and not worth paying $10 to see.

So yes. TNA has finally given me a card that will prevent me from ordering. Explain the positives of this card, TNA faithful (which I once was), and don't just mention angles (because it doesn't matter how good an angle is if the matches suck).

The thought crossed my mind yesterday, and I think I've realized who Hart's mystery man could be...

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

JJ's always insulting Bret, Neidhart is much more notable than freakin' Meng or Kamala, and (I'm not trying to make this sound like a bad move on TNA's part, so don't get wrong), but with Stu Hart's passing fresh in everyone's mind, I could see them go the whole "inspirational" route with Neidhart heading into the match.

Haven't seen Neidhart wrestle in a long time, but it could be a passable contest if they go the brawling/street fight route.

I have seen Neidhart wrestle recently- He SUCKS.

He can barely move, he's horribly out of shape and a match between him and Jarrett would just get shit on.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Am I the only one here that smells a swerve in the Jimmy Hart department? I don't think they will bring Neidhart or any of Hart's older wrestlers back....as that would be a waste. I don't think they would be as stupid as they could and bring some over-the-hill jerkoff in to fight JJ......then again.........

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I highlt doubt they'd bring in someone Hart managed in WCW, mainly because his most notable porteges were MENG & THE BARBARIAN!

But still, everyone he's managed is either over the hill or WAY Over the hill.

Let's just hope its Mike Rotundo since he's still in good shape and isn't crappy.

I know casual fans, that still absolutly HATE IRS...HATE like they talk about him as if he were real, so it could be a good move...

I say bring back the "Captain" Mike Rotundo

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Let's just hope its Mike Rotundo since he's still in good shape and isn't crappy.

Why?

Since no one has ever given 2 shits about Mike Rotundo?

Not that I thing hes that good, but hes a lot better than some of the guys Hart has managed (going by today not 1980 whatever.)

Maybe Bill DeMott was released by WWE and no one cared enough tosay, and he'll come in as Hugh Morrus.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
They might as well pay the money and get Funker.

He's over, he'll bleed and the match should be a fun garbagy brawl.

Hart did manage him right?

I forgot Jimmy Hart managed the Funks in '86.

I guess Terry Funk is the choice for me now....with Rotundo in second still. LOL

Has Jimmy Hart ever managed Randy Savage?

His CD is getting commercial time with TNA and he's the most recognizable guy they could get, barring Hogan. But then again, I think he despises Jimmy Hart.

What about Lex Luger? He was managed by Hart in 1995 WCW(btw I pray it's not Luger).

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Has Jimmy Hart ever managed Randy Savage?

His CD is getting commercial time with TNA and he's the most recognizable guy they could get, barring Hogan. But then again, I think he despises Jimmy Hart.

What about Lex Luger? He was managed by Hart in 1995 WCW(btw I pray it's not Luger).

Hart only managed Savage when he was teaming with Hogan so I'm not sure if that counts. I don't remember him as his manager in singles matches.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Siaki is probably the worst X-Division Champ...considering he's probably the only Heavyweiht to hold it. He just sucked every match into a boring match.

Who did Chris Sabin win the title from anyway? I kinda got lost from May-July since I only ordered 2 shows a month in that span.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
At least Red has capabilities of NOT being boring.

He's not worst on my list but outside of being a spot monkey he's nothing.

Nothing really special this week at all. Kash-Abyss should be alright, and AMW/Gilberti-Young & Dutt/Shane could be decent, but other than that i'm not expecting much from this one.

Yes, I'd consider Shane worse than Siaki. At least Siaki had some semblance of workrate (if you notice a lot of his Flying Elvis work, he busted his ass, and I LOVED the 2/3 falls match vs. Yang), overness, AND had a string of solid matches (even if they were carry-jobs) before he was even thought of as a contender. Plus, I'll go the distance and say Siaki is marketable.

Shane? No. His moves look like crap, his selling is crap, his mic skills are crap, he looks like Matt Hardy's retarded clone, and he's not over. At the very least, Siaki's moves looked good. He didn't know what the fuck to do BETWEEN those moves, but he had good delivery. Shane doesn't know what to do between moves, and he has poor delivery.

Shane = worst X-Division champion, and worst champion of the TNA era.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Plus Michael Shane sounds like a retarded Christian.

And he has a goofy ass over-bite from certain angles.

Guest Boo_Bradley

I'm guessing Jimmy will bring in the only youngster he cares about - Hail

WCW, XWF connections

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Is everyone forgetting Waltmans awful run?

I forgot about him.

How did he win the title anyway? I don't even remember. (Damn shitty TNA in fall of 2002)

Waltman's run was shitty?

You must've missed the fact that he held the belt for all of...what? 2-3 weeks? And he only defended against AJ Styles, both *** matches by my account. Waltman actually hauled ass in TNA, and even busted out a somersault plancha (which he hadn't done since mid 1998, I think).