TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spicy McHaggis

The One And Only 24 Season 3 Thread

RIP Sherry Palmer

Guest OctoberBlood

Wow. Amazing stuff. This show can't get any better, can it?

Guest Fook

One episode left. How are they going to wrap up the whole Palmer issue, especially with this twist?

Ok, so I was flipping through the channels and I see 24 on. More specifically, I see Gina Torres on (lookin DAMN fine) and DB Woodside, and it appeared that they had some sort of relationship and since I like the Joss Whedon shows and since they both had big roles in his shows I said "hey, I should -by all rights- like 24 and here are two actors that I have really enjoyed on these other shows, so I think tonight is the night I give it a try" and I was really liking the show.

Then they kill off Gina Torres (looking DAMN fine). WHAT THE FUCK?~! I dunno if I can watch another episode now...

well this throws the rumor I heard that Mrs. Milligan was gonna shoot President Palmer out the window

Well, it looks like 24 will be back in January 2005, but allegedly without any 5 week breaks, and at a new time - either 8 or 9pm Mondays...

Thats going to be a rough wait between seasons, but I guess it will be worth it if we don't have any of those month long breaks between episodes.

Guest Evolution

I can accept 8 PM Mondays--it'll give me something to do in preparation for Raw.

But I'd rather that FOX not make me choose between 24 and Raw, since I'll choose 24 every single time.

And that is a long wait, but we'll have time to check out some new shows between now and then (like CSI: New York, which I'm looking forward to)...Alias is going on a similar hiatus, so it looks like both of my favorite one hour dramas are going on a longgggggggg haitus.

Guest Evolution

Sucks to be the first hour of Raw (even though I'm not in a Nielsen family).

I've never missed an episode of 24, and I'm not about to start now.

Just remember - you've got VCRs and TiVos to help ease the pain...

And if this article on zap2it.com is correct, then there will be 3 occasions that you'll miss RAW entirely...

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Regular viewers of FOX's "24" know that even if you catch every episode, figuring out where the plot is going is often a challenge. One week Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer is in Mexico and the next week, Mexico doesn't matter anymore. One week Dennis Haysbert's President Palmer has a girlfriend whose husband is committing suicide and the next week she's gone, never to be mentioned again. Some weeks Jack's hooked on smack and a virus is about to take over the West Coast and then the next week, Jack's clean and sober and the virus is a secondary concern.

Throw in the programming interruptions that often preempt "24" for multiple weeks at a stretch and it's no wonder that the ratings for the award winning drama have been erratic this season.

FOX aims to bring stability back to "24" next year. The series won't return until January, when it moves into a new time period on Monday nights at 9 p.m. ET. The show will get a two-hour premiere and a two-hour finale. FOX Entertainment President Gail Berman also promises a two-hour special event episode in the middle of the season. The three instances of doubling down will allow "24" to reach its conclusion by the end of the May sweeps period.

The network's hope is that while the new time slot strips "24" of its protected post-"American Idol" hour, airing on Mondays will prevent the kind of schedule juggling that left the show on the shelf whenever "Idol" stretched to two hours. The plan is to air the entire season without a single repeat (long the "24" standard) and without a single week off (a miracle if it happens).

"'24' is appointment television and we believe that moving it to Monday, creating an event out of it with no breaks in the schedule, will enable the viewer to really get on the ride and have an event that takes you through to May with it," Berman says.

In its third season, "24" averaged 9.35 million viewers before the January premiere of "Idol." The boost from the popular talent show has only been moderate, lifting "24" to its season average of 10.18 million viewers, down by roughly a million from last season's numbers.

Except for random periods where the show has vanished from FOX's schedule for weeks at time, the network has been consistent in its support of the atypical series. In planning the new multi-tiered year-round schedule, though, executives determined that it was time to share the cushy "Idol" warmth.

"We need to make room on the schedule for new hits," Berman admits "We'd like 'American Idol' to be used as a launch pad for new opportunities for the network."

After it premieres in January 2005, "Idol" will provide a Tuesday lead-in for "House," a medical drama from "Quiz Show" screenwriter and "Homicide: Life on the Street" creator Paul Attanasio. The Wednesday results show, moved to 9 p.m., will reward veteran comedy "The Bernie Mac Show."

The move to Mondays isn't akin to being thrown to the Nielsen wolves for "24." FOX has placed the series behind one of its most anticipated new dramas of the season, "Athens." The new offering from Josh Schwartz ("The O.C.") takes a soapy look at a fictional New England college town and the unlikely friendship between a young English professor and an 18-year-old freshman (a relationship FOX is already likening to the bond between Seth and Ryan on "The O.C.").

I hope Monday Night Football doesn't eat too much into its share. I think it'll do just fine, and though it's going to be a monstrous pain to wait till January, having an episode every week nonstop is going to be incredible.

The move to Monday nights sucks for 24. To go from having American Idol as a lead-in to going opposite Everybody Loves Raymond in it’s final year. It's going to be tough to get ratings.

I like the idea of 2-3 2hr episodes, I have a theory of bringing "24" to the big screen in 12 2hr serials released into theaters once a month.

It'd be ambitious, and give the show a chance to let Jack Bauer let it all loose.

Guest Evolution

TiVo is the main reason why I've never missed a 24 episode to date.

I just hope that it does come to pass that Raw turns into a bad show once again by the time January 2005 rolls around, so I don't feel guilty about missing it.

Yet im glad that we dont have to wait weeks between episodes now but it just seems like their gonna be rushin all the episodes into 4 months. I dunno, just seems kinda rushed to me. I dont mind havin the season pan out from October-May, u know, It feels so long ago since Episode 1 and I kind of enjoy it that way.

And I guess it'll feel weird to having 24 on mondays compared to the Usual Tuesdays. I really hope its confirmed to air at 9 because I usually work till 9 and would hate to watch it "taped". I prefer live.

Interesting news from The Hollywood Reporter, but may involve spoilers, so get ready for the red stuff...

The Vine: Time runs out for some '24' actors

"24's" CTU will be seeing some major downsizing this fall. Sources said that the actors who play Jack Bauer's (Kiefer Sutherland) colleagues at the Counter Terrorism Unit on the Fox drama have been informed that their options as series regulars will not be picked up for next season. Sources said Reiko Aylesworth and James Badge Dale, who play CTU members Michelle Dessler and Chase Edmunds, respectively, received the news just as they were to attend the Fox party after the network's upfront presentation Thursday. The two, as well as Carlos Bernard (aka CTU's Tony Almeida), could return to 20th Century Fox TV's real-time drama next season for guest appearances. Also up in the air is the "24" future of Mary Lynn Rajskub, Zachary Quinto, Daniel Dae Kim, who played CTU members on a recurring basis. Meanwhile, Elisha Cuthbert, who plays Jack's daughter and CTU analyst Kimberly Bauer, is fielding film offers and is expected to recur next season subject to her availability.

And with those words I believe poor Chase won't make it to 1pm