TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spicy McHaggis

The One And Only 24 Season 3 Thread

They did technically give the silent countdown to Mason, if you remember when he promotes Tony to leader of CTU and walks out of the office(for what seemed to be his final scene, but of course he reappeared), the silent clock was used then.

really? hmm...I need to rewatch my season 2 DVD...to bad I let a friend borrow it, bleh

I think that ending last night left me in stunned silence more than anything... I mean, with Jack Bauer, shit like that just doesn't happen. He always pulls something out of his ass to save the day. To just say "Sorry, Ryan." and then BANG... wow... just wow.

BTW, I think Chappelle's fate was pretty much sealed when he OK'd the suicide pills. One more heroic deed before dying, like Mason last year.

Guest OctoberBlood

Whew. Thank you FX. Showing encore of it tonight at 11 and tomorrow at 6. :)!

Guess its bad luck to be Jack's boss. First Mason, now Chapelle.

I get the dreadful feeling Michelle may still get off'd, but I can hope against this. I think she's a hottie and there aren't enough of them on this show regularly except Kim, and her dimbulbness makes her less attractive. I can see Jack and Michelle potentially going into a season 4 all fucked up with Jack having Chapelle hanging over his head along with all the other shit and Michelle having the hotel incident and Gael hanging over her head.

I hope so, but I get the grim feeling she'll show symptoms or something in the last or second to last episode so that they continue with the traditional "in the end, things turned out alright except..." ending. Perhaps she'll end up living, but the trauma of watching all the people suffer and die will make her quit CTU in the end.

Right now it seems as Michelle will survive, but in the world of 24 you never know who will live and who will die in the end. It just makes the episodes that much more unpredictable.

I hope so, but I get the grim feeling she'll show symptoms or something in the last or second to last episode so that they continue with the traditional "in the end, things turned out alright except..." ending. Perhaps she'll end up living, but the trauma of watching all the people suffer and die will make her quit CTU in the end.

If she shows any symptoms, she's finished. They established a 100 percent mortality rate with the virus. Then again, they could have her completely escape the wrath of the virus, get out of the hotel at the end, only to get picked off by a sniper as the season finale goes off the air.

You just never know with this show.

on another note, will they get to this guy that got out of the hotel before he can spread it? He was about to leave to go to work so unless they catch him before he leaves he's gonna end up spreading it to the building he works in...

If she shows any symptoms, she's finished. They established a 100 percent mortality rate with the virus. Then again, they could have her completely escape the wrath of the virus, get out of the hotel at the end, only to get picked off by a sniper as the season finale goes off the air.

Vince Russo would love that.

If she shows any symptoms, she's finished.  They established a 100 percent mortality rate with the virus.  Then again, they could have her completely escape the wrath of the virus, get out of the hotel at the end, only to get picked off by a sniper as the season finale goes off the air.

Vince Russo would love that.

The thought of Vince Russo having any association with 24 just made me throw up in my mouth.

Guest T®ITEC

Zombie baby! Yes!

The virus should've turned people into zombies, like in Resident Evil. I know it would be ridiculous, but classic nonetheless.

Guest Evolution

Very depressing, but very good episode.

They're throwing Kim back into the storyline, but at least it's the main storyline, so I'm all gravy for that, and tension between Tony and Jack is always good too.

The season 2 ending countdown was actually a bit more creepier than the silent ones, because it was just Palmer's staggered breathing over the final three seconds, and by that time everyone who had watched the season the whole way through was probably freaking out.

After all that Tony has been through, it will be cruel of the writers to get rid of Michelle. Especially after that phone conversation with Michelle.

I really liked how Chappelle wanted to kill himself, but then he couldn't do it. It seemed very real just how hard it was to take his own life under these circumstances.

Anyway, tonight's episode looks to be good. Like I said, whether or not Kim being weaved back into the main storyline being a good thing remains to be seen, and this hotel escapist guy seems like a real douchebag.

"Client meeting," now a "staff meeting." Looks like he had a gangbang planned before he got the virus. :)

Anyway, I really hope that they get Saunders before the end of this season, because I just want to see the fucker get destroyed like the Drazen (Dennis Hopper) in season 1.

Watching that old couple walk up to the table to get those suicide pills was heart-wrenching, and of course Saunders being the cocky fuck that he is.

Mega heel heat.

I like how this season is picking up steam late unlike last year, where I thought the shows were a lot worse after the bomb went off.

Can't believe Chappelle died! I had to laugh when he said he didn't have any friends or family he wanted to talk to before he died. Poor Chappelle.

Anyway, I really hope that they get Saunders before the end of this season, because I just want to see the fucker get destroyed like the Drazen (Dennis Hopper) in season 1.

See, I don't hate Saunders as much as I hated Drazen in season 1. Saunders was, according to Jack, a "good soldier" who was left behind by the US government and tortured. He has sympathy. Drazen was a genocidal maniac on Kosovo, which leaves me no sympathy.

Guest Evolution

Hmm.

Well, this episode seemed like one recharging the storylines for the home stretch after the big death of Chappelle. Not necessarily good, but necessary. Jack is always awesome in the interrogation room, and it'll only get better as next week's episode looks to be very, very good.

I can't believe she actually did something worthwhile. She like, knocked the gun out of the dude's hand and DIDN'T DIE!

Well, snap.

And I agree, this was a transitional show where they had to set things up. It had me compelled though, so it wasn't a complete waste. Not even close to as good as last week, but still solid.

Good episode as always. At the end I actually thought that it was going to be Kim who got shot with her luck, but they got me and she shot the other guy. Next week should be where it all picks up again, with the virus on the loose and Saunders getting closer to being found.

I expected Kim to get taken, too, since CTU always botches shit up like that. :)

Next week looks pretty cool. A game of chicken with the virus and Saunders' daughter. Very nice...

I actually thought that she was the one who got shot.

And I was screaming at the TV "The guy in the red isn't the guy looking after Saunder's daughter!"

Just like last week, I knew that Chase wasn't in the right place looking for Saunders. I think things are getting too predictable.

I expected Kim to get taken, too, since CTU always botches shit up like that. :)

Next week looks pretty cool. A game of chicken with the virus and Saunders' daughter. Very nice...

Yeah. Kim + CTU's track record of undercover agents not named Jack Bauer + a few hours to kill = a good chance of something bad happening.

And I guess that Jack is gonna tell Saunders to FOAD, more or less, now that he has the great equalizer in Saunders' daughter.

And I was screaming at the TV "The guy in the red isn't the guy looking after Saunder's daughter!"

Eh, he could have been. I mean, you'd figure that Saunders might have more than one operative there, right? At worst, they should make a note of the guy, who seemed a bit too interested in a kid for a guy seemingly in his 40s...