TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

What movie(s) did you watch today?

Figured this would do good here as it's a huge thread on another board as I'm sure many watch several movies. So post what you watched and give it a little rating.

in preperation for 24 I watched Phonebooth - 9/10

I watched American Wedding today. It was a pretty good movie even though I could've lived with out

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Stifler eating shit

Fred Willard was great

Guest El Satanico

The Seventh Victim, which sounded better than it was in the description. The description talked about Satan Worshipers, so I figured it would be a fun somewhat serious 50's horror movie, but it ended up being a run of the mill film noir.

I was going to watch Halloween III: Season of The Witch tonight at 8, but not now that I know 24 is on.

The words 80s cheese and AMC are two things that should never go together. I weep for the days when AMC was actually good.

I watched the 1951 Death of a Salesman tonight, since I got it in a trade recently. It was extremely good. ***1/2

I caught a bit of the Black Cat as well though I've got a factory tape of it (on a dual tape with the Raven no less).

Incidentally how is the Seventh Victim a run of the mill thriller? There are Manhattan satanists that predate Rosemary's Baby by 25 years. A shower scene with Kim Hunter that predates Psycho by 17 years. And a jolting, downer of an ending that you just didn't see in 1943. I think it's the best of the Val Lewton horror cycle, but that's just me.

Guest El Satanico

It's very true that AMC is a shadow of what it once was. However, I still like the channel because they show alot of 80's cheese that isn't seen on the other channels very often anymore.

What can I say, I like my cheese. Besides, AMC still shows classics. The commercials are the only thing I hate about AMC now.

Guest El Satanico
The Devil's Bride: A great movie, but that's to be expected from a Hammer Studios film. The great Christopher Lee gets a rare chance to play a good guy in a Hammer film.

The Sweet Hereafter.

What a powerful movie- I wasn't paying attention to it too much (my roomate was watching it) and even I was tearing up and was emotional at the end

I re-watched Tombstone for my column on 411, had a question about it. Good lord does that movie rule. If you don't like Westerns, it's the perfect one for you to give a shot.

I'm watching the Devil Doll on TCM now. Great special effects for the time. A man wrongly accused and sent to prison gets a serum that can shrink living creatures down to a doll's size and he uses it for revenge on those that wronged him. Weird little flick.

Guest Urine Sane

Just got done watching They Live on AMC. Kick ass movie.

I saw a bit of Halloween 4, Is it just me or does Michael Myer's mask totally suck ass in that movie?

Devil Doll is a weird little horror outing with Lionel Barrymore, directed by Todd Browning too. See, TCM at least will bust out the semi obscure old stuff like that...the Universal classics of course, Val Lewton RKO stuff, etc.

All I need is a triple feature of Doctor X, Mystery of the Wax Museum, and the Vampire Bat. Gotta have some Lionel Atwill and Fay Wray in a Halloween fest.

Anyone else like Doctor X? I love that movie.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I was going to watch Halloween III: Season of The Witch tonight at 8, but not now that I know 24 is on.

WORST MOVIE EVER

Guest El Satanico

WORST MOVIE EVER

Oh it is not

I wouldn't know about Halloween 3 because I've always refused to watch it.

Anyway, Bogart is not in Doctor X. You would be referring to The Return of Doctor X (which isn't a sequel strangely enough). Bogart was a creepy scientist type dude in that.

No, the REAL Doctor X was made 7 years earlier and starred Lionel Atwill, Fay Wray, and Lee Tracy. It was in two color Technicolor too.

SYNTHETIC FLESH~!

Guest El Satanico

Damien: The Omen II and The Final Conflict: The Omen III. I've seen and I like The Omen, but I never got around to watching the rest of the trilogy.

They are much better than I was expecting.