TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

All may rejoyce...

If it's been posted, la dee da:

Incase you haven’t heard, Bill DeMott joined Josh Matthews in calling Velocity last night. The Atlanta Journal Constitution currently has an article on SmackDown coming to Atlanta this week and reveals that DeMott has retired from wrestling.

Now, if only A-Train would follow in his footsteps... :D

EDIT: This came from Rajah...

Other than being boring as THAT BULLY BILL DEMOTT I have nothing against him. If it was his choice though, more power to him.

Still, does anyone really retire from wrestling anymore? Faarooq and Gunn have already retired once in the past year and come back anyway.

I liked DeMott. He was certainly better than guys like Bradshaw & Test. A-Train is too for that matter.

I wish him the best of luck. He is one of the few guys who actually seems to love what he does, rather than love the fame they get.

I was actually a fan of his back in the dying days of wcw. While I felt he was a bit over his head when they tried to make him into a legitimate US title contender, he was passable as a mid-carder feuding with other mid-carders.

I'm probably in the minority, but I find him more entertaining than Morley/Venis.

DeMott was never really that bad. Although why they decided to use his real name instead of the always cool Hugh Morrus is beyond me. For a hoss, he could move and his WCW stint wasn't all that bad.

DeMott was never really that bad. Although why they decided to use his real name instead of the always cool Hugh Morrus is beyond me. For a hoss, he could move and his WCW stint wasn't all that bad.

I think he's too short to be truly a hoss (but JR called him one, so maybe he is), but back when he busted his BUTT in WCW he was fun to watch.

Curiously, my last memory of him on WWE TV was on Velocity or something apparently working on reviving the Hugh Morris gimmick. I guess plans for that were soon scrapped, or maybe he was injured.

Count me as a non-fan of Demott. Nothing he did entertained me. And then when he got his I"M A BIG BULLY THAT BEATS UP THOSE MORE TALENTED THAN ME!!! push I just said fuck it.

I had nothing against DeMott either, that is, until I found him boring the fuck out of me on my television screen.

Good riddance.

Count me as a non-fan of Demott. Nothing he did entertained me. And then when he got his I"M A BIG BULLY THAT BEATS UP THOSE MORE TALENTED THAN ME!!! push I just said fuck it.

Oh, but he's better than Bradshaw and A-Train! :rolleyes:

Oh, but he's better than Bradshaw and A-Train! :rolleyes:

A bad hoss is a bad hoss. I prefer to never take the lesser of two evils. If they're both evil I want neither.

Still, does anyone really retire from wrestling anymore?  Faarooq and Gunn have already retired once in the past year and come back anyway.

Gunn was only contemplating retirement, as he believed that the nerve damage in his arm wouldn't allow him to wrestle again.

Faarooq actually did "retire" from active competition, but they convinced him to go back on the road, only after Bradshaw rehabbed from his bicep injury.

Still, does anyone really retire from wrestling anymore?  Faarooq and Gunn have already retired once in the past year and come back anyway.

Gunn was only contemplating retirement, as he believed that the nerve damage in his arm wouldn't allow him to wrestle again.

Didn't Gunn have the same sergery from the same Doctor that Ultimo did? Thought that was the story going around.

I find this news to be rather upsetting. Bill Demott was a great worker. His one push in WWE was rather lame, but go back and watch his WCW work and I swear you'll like him a lot more.

Try his matches against Lance Storm... they were good...

Didn't Gunn have the same sergery from the same Doctor that Ultimo did? Thought that was the story going around.

Yes, but Ultimo's was botched by a doctor, who he filed a malpractice suit on (the doctors). His career was supposedly over after that, but he worked his way back.

Gunn's original injury was worse, though.

Guest NCJ

DeMott was one of the best things about WCW during the Team Canada Angle. He was a decent worker and really enjoyed what he was doing. I hated his WWE time however.

I really liked DeMott in WCW, but his knee problems made his WWE career something to be forgotten. I remember he once had a really good match against Vampiro on Thunder in 2000 that was probably Vamp's best match in WCW. It's nice to see he's been given a decent role in the company and really, he can't be worse than the Cat

DeMott was one of the best things about WCW during the Team Canada Angle. He was a decent worker and really enjoyed what he was doing. I hated his WWE time however.

DeMott rocked in wCw...best of luck to his future endeavours.

Well, I guess he did something right, in 1997 he was my most hated wrestler of all-time. I literally HATED the man. I think it was a combination of his skills in the ring (YAWN..granted, he was entertaining in M.I.A), his moronic name, and his ugly pigtails.

I was always rooting for Dean Malenko to whip his ass.

Guest Ram

He was one of my favorite wrestlers back in the DoD/nWo/4-Horsemen days. Always liked him when he was stuck on WCWSN.

Guest FrigidSoul

you know, speaking of Misfits in Action...what the fuck ever happened to Corporal Cajun?

lash6.jpg

Grabbin da Boobay!

After WWE’s purchase of WCW, Lash’s dedication to WCW did not go unnoticed, as he was one of the first 24 wrestlers to be picked up by the WWE in April of 2001. However, the sheer size of the new WWE roster did not offer Lash much of an opportunity to contribute to their television shows, prompting the company and the Cajun One to part ways in June 2002.

Yet, at just 25 years of age, Lash LeRoux has become a veteran of the sport in a very short time, without yet reaching his fullest potential. So fans can rest assured, that it is only a matter of time before the “Ragin’ Cajun” Lash LeRoux will once again be taking the wrestling world by storm.

In the meantime Lash is focusing on his artwork. He still draws the infamous “Lashing Out” panel cartoon for THE WRESTLER and also is a contributing artist for Golfun.net. If you have any questions or would like to purchase any artwork featured on his Website please email Lash, personally, at [email protected].

http://www.lashleroux.com/

In the meantime Lash is focusing on his artwork. He still draws the infamous “Lashing Out” panel cartoon for THE WRESTLER and also is a contributing artist for Golfun.net.

The Wrestler? Isn't (or maybe, wasn't) that an Apter Mag?

Guest FrigidSoul

I personally thought Lash was one of WCW's better stars in their dying days...but as we all know with Vince its size over talent