TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Should Kurt Angle change his music?

Ok here's the thing if WWE is really going to give him a long run as a face do you think Angle should change his music? I mean I love it and all but, everytime starts he still gets "You Suck" chants but, they dead pretty fast.

Of course, I don't think when Angle first came back and he told the fans for old time sakes to chant "You Suck" helped any.

I think Angle makes a better heel then face anyways so I hope the face run doesn't last to long. So what do you think?

Edited by EdwardKnoxII

Guest XxSmashxXxHeadxX

Kurt need new music. he's had the same music since he's been in the wwe. and kurt is a better as a heel than a face.

Angle has the bret hart disease. After his wrestlemania match against HBK the business began changing. When hart came back the old tried and true babyface formula just did not work anymore. He began to get frustrated with the company and the fans and it exposed parts of his personality which were not very pretty. His real life whiney, cocky and holier than thou personality lent itself well to being a good heel. However, if he went back to being a face he would be the same boring white bread babyface. Fans would become disinterested again. Same thing with Angle, he is too much of an 80s face.

Ok here's the thing if WWE is really going to give him a long run as a face do you think Angle should change his music? I mean I love it and all but, everytime starts he still gets "You Suck" chants but, they dead pretty fast.

Of course, I don't think when Angle first came back and he told the fans for old time sakes to chant "You Suck" helped any.

I think Angle makes a better heel then face anyways so I help the face run doesn't last to long. So what do you think?

Angle doesn't need new music. He needs to grow his hair back.

I think Angle makes a better heel then face anyways so I help the face run doesn't last to long.  So what do you think?

Angle doesn't need new music. He needs to grow his hair back.

Err, no, you can tell from the stubble (when he's had an off day shaving apparently) that he doesn't have anything on top anymore, so growing out his hair would result in him looking like your American Finkle, it's true it's true

Oh yeah, keep the theme

Guest JMA

Why doesn't the WWE just encourage the fans to chant "Angle! Angle!" instead of "You Suck!"?

Guest Fook
Why doesn't the WWE just encourage the fans to chant "Angle! Angle!" instead of "You Suck!"?

Because that would make sense, and we can't have shenanigans like that in wrestling today.

He looks really retarded when he debuted.

I liked the debut look because it was enhanced by him smiling all the time. It resulted in this look that resembled a Wheaties cover come to life, which was exactly the idea they were shooting for.

Yeah, he was thinning, but bald he just looks like another Austin clone.

That's what I'm wondering to. Either a) The WWE is to lazy to try it. b) It's going to be hard to get the fans to chant it cause they are use to "You Suck" like the "What" chants.

It's going to be hard to get the fans to chant it cause they are use to "You Suck" like the "What" chants.

This is true. Also, the wrestling fanbase has changed from southern yokels and children who like to see the good guy who comes from nothing win and gain fame, to the angry young men and social dropouts of the nation who like to heckle the all-too-flawless good guy and support the cocky disrespectful guy.

This is why crowd favorite babyfaces like Rey Mysterio and Eddy Guererro get over on workrate and not personality. This is why the Rock is everyone's favorite as a heel. This is why RVD's lax attitude about everything is over. This is why HHH gets huge pops when he comes out grunting and spitting and flexing to blaring heavy metal.

Guest JMA

The fans caught on to "You Tapped Out!" pretty fast. So I'm pretty sure if they took the time to do it, the fans would gladly chant "Angle! Angle!" They just need to be told it by a wrestler.

ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

--Does he look like a bitch?

----- What???

(Gunshot to the right arm)

----- Does.....he......look......like.....a bitch??!!!!!!

ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

--Does he look like a bitch?

----- What???

(Gunshot to the right arm)

----- Does.....he......look......like.....a bitch??!!!!!!

You forgot the part where he says "Say what again, I dare you, I double dog dare you motherfucker", hehe. Ah, what a great movie.

On topic, I like his theme. I hate guys changing themes all the time. They could always just chant "You Suck" at his opponent instead of him........yeah, that's stretching it but makes more sense than chanting it at the guy you are cheering for.

I've always loved his normal theme, but I would change his music to the rock remix thats on the Anthology CD. That suits him better for a face, IMO.

Guest Korgath

Angle's theme is one of the last to have ANY audience participation. Let's just keep it the way it is, yeah?

It's not like Angle's losing any heat because of his theme.

Guest Deviant

Dammit Aero beat me to it. I was going to say that the only change to Angle's music that I would tolerate and/or accept is to use the rock remix with the beat and heavier guitar chords. However, that still contains the same tune and opportunity for the chant, so that wouldn't help anything in this topic...

Guest Kane Fan

I don't think his music should change. The music *is* Kurt Angle, like Real American *(was/is*) Hogan. Plus the chants allow the crowd to connect with him (albeit in a small way).

Because that would make sense, and we can't have shenanigans like that in wrestling today.

It would be cool if Kurt actually welcomed the chants, but directed them at his opponents instead. Like, if he's coming out second, he'll point towards his opponent in the ring and encourage the fans to chant "You suck" at him...if that makes any sense. Eh...

And while I agree that Kurt's a better heel than a face, I've actually liked his face run this year. I think he was best as a tweener...like when he was teaming with Benoit.

I've always loved his normal theme, but I would change his music to the rock remix thats on the Anthology CD. That suits him better for a face, IMO.

I remember that rock version was so bad that he came out to it once and actually exited to his old theme.