TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

Client attempts to shoot lawyer outside courthouse

If this ain't right for this forum, move it.

I just saw on the news that earlier today Court TV had filmed a man trying to shoot his own lawyer at close range, but the lawyer was hiding behind a tree and bobbing and weaving every attempt for the guy to shoot at him... you really had to see it to believe it.

Amazingly enough, even after his gun was emptied (6-7 shots total I counted), the lawyer was unhurt, and the shooter calmly put his gun in his jacket and walked away, while the lawyer walked the other direction, and while looking exasperated, did little to apprehend his assaulted (granted, he looked like an older man, so he might not have been up to the task, even if the shooter was another older man)

The fun part in this? It was all caught on film, and even after the gun was emptied and the man was walking away, past a row of cameras even, no one made any attempt to apprehend him. It took 2-3 minutes for an off duty officer to take him down.

Now for the "if it had happened to me" rant.... IIHHTM, as soon as that gun was emptied, and I knew I was uninjured, the shooter would have .5 seconds before I shall attempt to dismember him with my bare hands.

Anyone else catch this?

I heard the victim is in the hospital in stable condition, so he really wasn't uninjured. The scene was pretty amazing. I can't really fault anyone for not attacking the shooter right away, though, as you're not sure whether or not he has more guns (apparently he had 2 or 3 on him) or whether or not he's finished.

Oh, and this all took place outside where the Robert Blake trial is going on, but there doesn't appear to be any connection between the 2.

Yeah, they showed the victim and he started bleeding pretty badly. He seemed unhurt, but I figure there was just a lot of adrenaline going on.

How bout the tackle, though? That was a hell of a takedown.

Well, the shooter apparently wasn't that determined to kill, by the way he just meandered off after emptying the gun... and the distance was close enough initially that after he put the gun away the opening was there for a counter

Maybe I'm just too full of "machismo" or whatever, and it is possible that somewhere down the line, someone is determined to kill me for some reason (I believe in fate) ...but if they fail, and there's an opening, I will not be forgiving

Guest Salacious Crumb

The guy got hit 2 or 3 times. Once in the chest, I doubt he was in the condition to do it.

The real jackasses are the cameramen and crew that just watched this guy walk off and not do shit.

I saw this - what a fucking show!

The lawyer was pulling some serious Matrix moves to doge those bullets.

The real jackasses are the cameramen and crew that just watched this guy walk off and not do shit.

Initially I had thought to post in mild outrage at this fact, but then I thought "should I really be surprised with today's society?"

Guest MikeSC

Initially I had thought to post in mild outrage at this fact, but then I thought "should I really be surprised with today's society?"

Hey, the one who called Fox News showed the guts to POINT AT THE GUY.

I mean, you saw the guy --- he LOOKED like a real tough guy to subdue.

-=Mike

The fun part in this? It was all caught on film, and even after the gun was emptied and the man was walking away, past a row of cameras even, no one made any attempt to apprehend him. It took 2-3 minutes for an off duty officer to take him down.

Of course.

The media filming this probably wanted to tape the arresting officer to infringing on the shooter's civil rights or something...

How do you not see a shooting or hear 7 gunshots when it happens right in front of you? cmon now

The lawyer got injuries in his arm, and that's all i believe. If some dude shot me a few times and started walking away, i'm heading the other way cause god knows what else he has on him.

What's funny is that they refer to the gunman as "the alleged gunman" Okay now I know we have this nice little justice system that says we are innocent until proven guilty, but when you are filmmed on camera by almost every major news station your ass is guilty. And that one cameraman was no more than like mere feet from him filming. If you are not scraed enough to walk right next to him, then you shouldnm't be afraid to tackle his ass.

If this ain't right for this forum, move it.

I just saw on the news that earlier today Court TV had filmed a man trying to shoot his own lawyer at close range, but the lawyer was hiding behind a tree and bobbing and weaving every attempt for the guy to shoot at him... you really had to see it to believe it.

Amazingly enough, even after his gun was emptied (6-7 shots total I counted), the lawyer was unhurt, and the shooter calmly put his gun in his jacket and walked away, while the lawyer walked the other direction, and while looking exasperated, did little to apprehend his assaulted (granted, he looked like an older man, so he might not have been up to the task, even if the shooter was another older man)

Now for the "if it had happened to me" rant.... IIHHTM, as soon as that gun was emptied, and I knew I was uninjured, the shooter would have .5 seconds before I shall attempt to dismember him with my bare hands.

Anyone else catch this?

I haven't read all of the responses, so here is the account.

The client was upset over a trust fund, and actually managed to hit the lawyer in the upper body 5 or 6 times. the lawyer was taken to the hsopital and is in stable condition. The gunman was tackled by an off-duty cop and arrested. I don't think anybody wanted to try to take the guy down since nobody knew if he had any more ammo or weapons on him. and considering his demeanor, would YOU risk it? The was some brazen shit he pulled.

I wonder if he'll use the "William Shakespeare told me to kill all the lawyers!" defense, which will cause stupid people everywhere to ban Shakespeare's works...

I mean, you saw the guy --- he LOOKED like a real tough guy to subdue.

-=Mike

It's clear he ran out of bullets and was heading back to the Dairy Queen from whence he came. Some camera guys were getting really close to take pictures, but nobody would DO ANYTHING until a random passerby finally took action.