TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Crash Holly passes away

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Choked on his own vomit, that coulda been from anything, not just drugs.

So do you think Stevie was home when this happened or was Crash staying there while he was out?

If Stevie was there then I feel badly for Stevie because that has to be traumatic....not that it isn't already.

11.06.03 | TNA Mourns The Passing Of Michael Lockwood

TNA Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that Michael Lockwood, also known as Mad Mikey and Crash Holly, passed away on Thursday. Our thoughts and prayers are with Mikey's family and friends during this difficult time.

Guest One Trick Pony

What a great few days for Stevie. He gets re-injured by a talentless hoss and his roommate dies.

Forgive me if this sounds harsh, but just getting the news, I didn't even flinch. Deaths in wrestling are becoming so common and then to find out he choked on his own vomit, well, that's a fairly strong indicator that it was because of something of his own doing. It's a shame that it happened, but I doubt it was something that couldn't have been avoided. RIP Crash, and congrats, you've become another statistic and blemish on pro wrestling's image.

RIP Crash. Though he pretty much had nothing to do in WWE up to the time of his leaving, his super-heavyweight and 24/7 roles were pretty fun... And I thought his TNA role as Mad Mikey was genius.

Forgive me if this sounds harsh, but just getting the news, I didn't even flinch. Deaths in wrestling are becoming so common and then to find out he choked on his own vomit, well, that's a fairly strong indicator that it was because of something of his own doing. It's a shame that it happened, but I doubt it was something that couldn't have been avoided. RIP Crash, and congrats, you've become another statistic and blemish on pro wrestling's image.

Not at all, I just take it a step further and think the business needs to start taking responsibility for itself and taking better care of it's performers so this doesn't happen anymore...

That is a bit harsh, dude. Anyone could choke on their own vomit. No one here can't say they've gone out and gotten ridiculously drunk and varfed all over themselves. This could just be a case like that.

You mean to tell me if dozens of football or baseball players were dying every year (especially of drug related deaths) the commisioners would not be held responsible to head an investigation and determine what changes need to be made to change the liefstyle of the players? Oh, right they're "independent contractors". No, silly ME....

Considering they're not under Vince's watch, why should he be held responsible for them?

--Should Vince be responsible for how A.J. Styles lives his life?

--Should Vince open up a post-WWE center for all of the workers he's released or retired?

Fact is, they work a MUCH more grueling schedule than any professional athlete out there.

Four shows a week + driving to shows the rest of the week + no lag between international tours + no off-season = digging an early grave.

Add that to the pressure to stay at the top of their game (not just physically, but in body form), and you can see why drugs becomes a big part of their life early on.

They work a MUCH more grueling schedule than any professional athlete out there.

Four shows a week + driving to shows 3 days of the week + no lag between international tours = digging an early grave.

Add that to the pressure to stay at the top of their game (not just physically, but in body form), and you can see why drugs becomes a big part of their life early on.

Well, GEE, maybe that should be changed.

Vince has been known to be very kind when he finds out someone has a drug problem.

William Regal credits him with saving his life.

He also send other guys into rehab on his own dime.

Vince can't babysit the guys 24-7. They have to be held accountable for their own actions

GEE, how about suggestions?

Tell me where you'd cut corners?

Is it cutting down the amount of tour dates, because Vince has already down that numerous times over the last 10+ years (from 275+ shows, to approximately 200 or less), and that STILL hasn't done much to help.

This is bad.

Very bad.

I'm wondering how many guys are going to die before something is really done in the industry. It seems as if we're losing someone at least once or twice a month due to drugs / complications of substance abuse (even though it may be years after the fact).

But.....as harsh as this is to say, I really hope this doesn't fuck Stevie up. I don't want to see him get fired over this, but things could go very bad very quick for him.

Vince has been known to be very kind when he finds out someone has a drug problem.

Vince can't babysit the guys 24-7. They have to be held accountable for their own actions

He also took care of Guerrero too...he cleaned him up and took him back. That was cool of him.

when was the last time (age not counting) that some one died without any connection to Drugs or Alchohol? --

Gary Albright(heart problem)

Giant Baba(not sure)

RIP Crash,thanks for all the memories.

Guest IB2BLACK

Totally, agree.

GEE, how about suggestions?

Tell me where you'd cut corners?

Is it cutting down the amount of tour dates, because Vince has already down that numerous times over the last 10+ years (from 275+ shows, to approximately 200 or less), and that STILL hasn't done much to help.

I am a huge proponent for either a 2 month paid offseason to allow everyone to rest and get well, or rotating vacation time,

( i.e. RAW off for 2 months, then Smackdown off). But Vince would lose his precious 2,000 attendance house shows or new record low PPV buyrates if that would happen...

I would also enforce a real, regular drug test, including steroids and would suspend anyone who tests positive until they are clean. I would stop pushing muscle bound goofs and encourage healthy habits. But Vince would never do any of that. This all isnt exactly rocket science...

I mean, Jesus, every other sport has a vacation period, drug testing, etc. why not wrestling?!

He also took care of Guerrero too...he cleaned him up and took him back. That was cool of him.

And he gave Road Dogg tons of chances.

He also offered Jeff the chance to go to rehab as well.

He also paid for Davey Boy's trips through rehabs as well

Kind of makes you think twice about why Piper was fired. Yes I know he sucked in the ring, but it still reeks of trying to silence someone for bringing up these very problems. And every time I've read about yet another death (yes that's how it's been in 2003), those words "The Sickness" ring in my head somehow.

Anyway I just read about this right now...and I am really shocked. Always did like Crash's gimmick when it was allowed to shine through...for all the flak the 24/7 Hardcore angle took, he made that gimmick. And I think I'm one of the remaining few who'll admit to liking the Super Heavyweight Hollys gimmick back in its heyday.

RIP Crash...

Kind of makes you think twice about why Piper was fired. Yes I know he sucked in the ring, but it still reeks of trying to silence someone for bringing up these very problems. And every time I've read about yet another death (yes that's how it's been in 2003), those words "The Sickness" ring in my head somehow.

Piper was canned because he admitted he had a drug porblem and being in wrestling fostered it, henceforth, he was fired. It was more of a mercy firing since he said himself that wrestling made him a worse person.

A 2 month offseason is not financially feasible and wouldn't really help anyone make money.

The wrestlers also make $ off gate reciepts and merchandise- so 2 months of no wrestling means none of that.

Vince can't give a drug test to everyone- He has to trust his wrestlers.

The not pushing muscle bound goofs thing is ludicrious.

Vince: Sorry Brock Lesnar- you have a great physique, you're over and you're a great wrestler- but Crash Holly died so we're gonna put you on Velocity for a bit.

Not every sport drug tests- baseball doesn't to the best of my knowledge.

I am a huge proponent for either a 2 month paid offseason to allow everyone to rest and get well, or rotating vacation time,

( i.e. RAW off for 2 months, then Smackdown off). But Vince would lose his precious 2,000 attendance house shows or new record low PPV buyrates if that would happen...

As much as you think that's going to allow wrestlers to "heal up", you don't have a clue as to why wrestlers have a hard time leaving the business in the first place. It's the rush of being "out there", and if they're not "out there", they'll turn to demons to suppress their depression and/or loneliness.

You think most of these wrestlers have families, considering they're on the road for 10+ years?

I haven't either factored in the fanbase that would be driven away after a long vacation. Would I come back to see the WWE after a two-month vacation? Yes, but that thought process is only limited to the hardcore fan. You drive away the casual fans, and the company (most specifically the roster) is fucking screwed.

Whoo! More releases and more drug problems resulting because of depression! Thanks

A 2 month offseason is not financially feasible and wouldn't really help anyone make money.

The wrestlers also make $ off gate reciepts and merchandise- so 2 months of no wrestling means none of that.

Vince can't give a drug test to everyone- He has to trust his wrestlers.

The not pushing muscle bound goofs thing is ludicrious.

Vince: Sorry Brock Lesnar- you have a great physique, you're over and you're a great wrestler- but Crash Holly died so we're gonna put you on Velocity for a bit.

Baseball doesn't have one of their own die every month.

And, I'm sorry if Vince making money is more important than people's lives. As for the wrestler's their downside guarentees should cover them.

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this situation, and changes MUST be made. I don't know how anyone can ignore that...

Most sports give you a "third strike" policy, simply because they want to keep their stars generating revenue, instead of staying at home.

As much as you think that's going to allow wrestlers to "heal up", you don't have a clue as to why wrestlers have a hard time leaving the business in the first place. It's the rush of being "out there", and if they're not "out there", they'll turn to demons to suppress their depression and/or loneliness.

You think most of these wrestlers have families, considering they're on the road for 10+ years?

I haven't either factored in the fanbase that would be driven away after a long vacation. Would I come back to see the WWE after a two-month vacation? Yes, but that thought process is only limited to the hardcore fan. You drive away the casual fans, and the company (most specifically the roster) is fucking screwed.

Whoo! More releases and more drug problems resulting because of depression! Thanks

Yeah, most of them DO have families. And excuse me if I don't give a fuck if you don't get to watch Mark Henry vs. Rico for one week, for the sake of them getting to rest without abusing pain pills and steroids. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey, sitcoms and dramas dont lose their fanbase and they all have offseasons. The fans will be back.

This is surreal. CRASH HOLLY!?!

I can't fathom how this would effect Stevie until we get some concrete proof. For some reason, I expect the typical Bonham/Bon Scott rock-star death. Which really sucks, because it's a horrible way to go and to be found.

Still--how does WWE treat this? With legends like Hawk and Stu Hart and Blassie it's easy because they clearly deserve recognition, but this is a guy who was nothing more than a comedy/jobber character who doesn't even work for them anymore. Do they just put up a picture in memoriam at the start of Raw? Would he get a video package? Does not being as major entitle a person to far less than some one else?

This also goes to show you can't predict who is going to go next. Yeah, by the law of averages, chances are sometime in the next ten years we will hear Roberts and Hall finally having "their time" come, but you can't accurately predict things like that, and it's disgusting to try.

R.I.P. Crash Holly.

There are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of ex-baseball players.

Track them all, bro. Let's see the ratio.

Not only that, but comparing professional wrestling to baseball in terms of pain is fucking ridiculous.

There are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of ex-baseball players.

Track them all, bro. Let's see the ratio.

Not only that, but comparing professional wrestling to baseball in terms of pain is fucking ridiculous.

THATS WHY THEY NEED MORE TIME OFF TO REST!