TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Updated Flair DVD specs

Guest Choken One

Sweet Fucking Jesus.

The matches were worth it alone itself but with this much goodness...Mah God.

Guest Choken One

I don't believe there ever was a arguement there...

Can't wait for people to bitch because Vader match isn't on there...Oh Wait.

Guest Choken One

I seriously with the exception of Fall Brawl 95, Vader and Savage WM8 can't think of ANYTHING that this DVD is missing.

Although for I kinda wanted the Insane Aslyum promos in there...at least the Scott Hall Cameo.

Ahem.... HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I was expecting some of this stuff, but not some of the rarer stuff like the Flair-Windham 45 minute draw.

Flair-Windham 45 minute draw.

Aww, don't ruin the ending!

I'm so not buying it now.

;)

I can't wait. I will beat old grannies for this DVD.

Aaah the Horsemen Reunion!

'ABUSE OF POWER~@! ABUSE OF POWER!# ABUSE OF POWER!!!'

Ever since that night the Monday Night Wars lost their magic.

Also the classic line...

"FIRE ME! I'M ALREADY FIRED!"

They distorted it in recaps, IIRC, because the storyline was that the belt was going to be distorted from then on out (since they didn't have the big gold belt anymore). So, for continuity sake within the storyline (continuity, where has that word gone...), they distorted everything after Tunney made the announcement (including recaps of when he had the real big gold belt).

Jason

The funeral parlor segment did have the real belt. They showed pictures in WWF Magazine later on w/o the distortion. And in Raw magazine several years back Jim Cornette wrote an article about the NWA and they showed the same picture.

I don't believe there ever was a arguement there...

Can't wait for people to bitch because Vader match isn't on there...Oh Wait.

Yeah, that was me damnit. :angry:

Guest Dmann2000

Okay this went from really great DVD collection of matches (which I already had on video but it's nice to have them in best video on DVD) to....

BEST

DVD

EVER!!!!!!!

November 18, I beleve.

Well...

I know what I'll be picking up a week from today!

*drools over loaded DVD features*

-Ben

Bad news, though it's more that we got ahead of ourselves

A Special Night in Greenville

--Bonus Feature: Flair's World Wide Wrestling Federation Debut - vs. Pete Sanchez at Madison Square Garden (3/1/76)

--Bonus Feature: A Workout with Piper - Flair and Roddy Piper do some amateur wrestling (1/24/82)

--Bonus Feature: PWI "Wrestler of the Decade" - Flair is named "Wrestler of the Decade" by Pro Wrestling Illustrated Magazine (11/15/89)

--Bonus Feature:The Final Nitro - Flair address the fans on the final episode of WCW Nitro (3/26/01)  

--Bonus Feature:Ric Flair vs. World Heavyweight champion Triple H with the post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV (from RAW, 7:24, 5/19/03) **1/2

The term "A Special Night In Greenville" most likely is attributed to the title match with Triple H, not the Horsemen reunion segment in 1998. :(

Easter Eggs:

Disc 1: Go to Chapters. Right click on the chapter titled: "Barry Windham: Keeping up with the Champ." You will see a promo from Flair from the Summer of 1985 where he talks about Magnum T.A., Nikita Koloff, Buddy Landell and James J. Dillon (3:30)

Disc 1: Go to Chapters. Go to the Dusty Rhodes chapter section. Left click on the sub-chapter titled: "Flair Cuts a Promo." You will see a promo from Flair from the Summer of 1985 where Flair talks about New York City and Studio 54 loving him. (2:07)

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Right click on "Home." You will see a promo with David Crockett and Ric Flair following the newly formed Horsemen injuring Dusty Rhodes.

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Left click on the chapter titled: "Day in Life of the Horsemen." You will see a promo with Flair from June 1987 talking about Jim Garvin, The Freebirds and Larry Bird.

Disc 3: On the main menu page go to Play. Left click and once the WWE logo is highlighted, hit enter. You will see a Flair promo from 1987 talking about the Road Warriors, Freebirds, Jim Garvin and Precious (2:14)

Disc 3: Go to Chapters. Go to the Special Night in Greenville chapter section. Go to the bottom and select Menu. The beer in the picture will highlight. Hit enter. You will see Flair's WWE Entrace video featuring Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey)(1:54)

No sign of it...at all?

::cries::

Guest Choken One
Bad news, though it's more that we got ahead of ourselves

--Bonus Feature: Flair's World Wide Wrestling Federation Debut - vs. Pete Sanchez at Madison Square Garden (3/1/76)

--Bonus Feature: A Workout with Piper - Flair and Roddy Piper do some amateur wrestling (1/24/82)

--Bonus Feature: PWI "Wrestler of the Decade" - Flair is named "Wrestler of the Decade" by Pro Wrestling Illustrated Magazine (11/15/89)

--Bonus Feature:The Final Nitro - Flair address the fans on the final episode of WCW Nitro (3/26/01)  

--Bonus Feature:Ric Flair vs. World Heavyweight champion Triple H with the post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV (from RAW, 7:24, 5/19/03) **1/2

The term "A Special Night In Greenville" most likely is attributed to the title match with Triple H, not the Horsemen reunion segment in 1998. :(

Easter Eggs:

Disc 1: Go to Chapters. Right click on the chapter titled: "Barry Windham: Keeping up with the Champ." You will see a promo from Flair from the Summer of 1985 where he talks about Magnum T.A., Nikita Koloff, Buddy Landell and James J. Dillon (3:30)

Disc 1: Go to Chapters. Go to the Dusty Rhodes chapter section. Left click on the sub-chapter titled: "Flair Cuts a Promo." You will see a promo from Flair from the Summer of 1985 where Flair talks about New York City and Studio 54 loving him. (2:07)

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Right click on "Home." You will see a promo with David Crockett and Ric Flair following the newly formed Horsemen injuring Dusty Rhodes.

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Left click on the chapter titled: "Day in Life of the Horsemen." You will see a promo with Flair from June 1987 talking about Jim Garvin, The Freebirds and Larry Bird.

Disc 3: On the main menu page go to Play. Left click and once the WWE logo is highlighted, hit enter. You will see a Flair promo from 1987 talking about the Road Warriors, Freebirds, Jim Garvin and Precious (2:14)

Disc 3: Go to Chapters. Go to the Special Night in Greenville chapter section. Go to the bottom and select Menu. The beer in the picture will highlight. Hit enter. You will see Flair's WWE Entrace video featuring Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey)(1:54)

No sign of it...at all?

::cries::

Umm...The HHH Memorial show is already listed on there so it's two different things.

And the Memorial was in Columbia anyways.

Guest Mikey2Dope
Canadian release date please? :(

*muttering* can't bellieve I have to wait like 2 more months...this sucks...why don't you love me God?

The Canadian release date is January 24th. The good news though, if you have a credit card, is that you can order at off of Amazon Canada and it will ship on November 18th and it's cheaper!

Amazon Nov. 18th Order - $32.75 Canadian

Amazon January 24th Order - $34.99 Canadian

And the Memorial was in Columbia anyways.

It was in Greenville.

And hypothetically, if the WWE had to choose between a WCW segment or a WWE segment to say "A Special Night in Greenville", it's obvious which way they'd sway (even if Flair quasi-shooting on Bischoff should bring a smile to their faces).

Bonus Feature:Ric Flair vs. World Heavyweight champion Triple H with the post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV (from RAW, 7:24, 5/19/03) **1/2 Easter

I really hope you're wrong. It seems redundant to list "A Special Night In Greenville" as a feature and then the HHH match and postshow celebration as a bonus of that.

It's one of his best promos ever and maybe my favorite WCW moment ever, and its a big shot at Bischoff so I dont see why they wouldn't inlcude it :(