TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

The Raven's season is over!

Boller tore his quad in the abysmal game last night and is out for 6 weeks +, effectively ending his season. Chris Redman came in and looked like he was a deer caught in headlights and did absolutely nothing. So, the Ravens are saying they are in talks to sign a QB, and everyone immediately figured Jeff George..

The Ravens do have a 1 game lead over the Bengals, but with any other QB besides Boller this team isn't going anywhere.

Mortensen just mentioned Neil O'Donnell as a possible replacement too. Id rather have O'Donnell than George..

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

Guest FrigidSoul
The Ravens should sign Kliff Kingsbury... seriously.

He's still on the Pats, just on Injured Reserve because he fucked his leg up in pre-season

Not that I would wish injury on anyone (especially the dreaded quad tear), but this is great news for me and my favorite team, the Steelers.

The Ravens should start sucking and we have games against Oakland, San Diego, San Fran, NY Jets, and all 3 weak-ass division opponents. Come on 10-6!

Sign Jeff George...dude can launch the ball but as long as he's on massive medication he should be fine heh. Remember his tenure in Minnesota? 2,800+ yards passing and a 23/12 TD/INT ratio.

The Ravens dont need that. They need another Trent Dilfer like player that might only throw for 150 yards a game, but makes the big pass when it counts and knows that hes primarily in there to hand the ball of to Jamal Lewis. They do need a better QB than Redman, to at least keep teams from putting 8 men up for the whole game to stop Jamal Lewis.

Guest Choken One
Where is that minor league baseball player at, Drew Henson?

Houston still has him.

Guest Choken One

Rams still own his rights as well...I think.

I'd Say just gather up Neil o Donnell whom is consistant and can make the right DILFEResque plays.

At this point, I think I'd rather see Anthony Wright than Chris Redman. Redman played OK last year, but he was godawful on Sunday, and we don't need some scared chump playing QB, even if he's going to handoff 30 times a game. I certainly don't want any parts of Jeff George, since he's a headcase who hears footsteps, and age has probably taken something off his arm. O'Donnell would be OK.

Boller's injury is a real shame. I'll admit I've been critical of the kid this year, but he made some NICE throws against the Rams, and, as usual, got no help from his receivers. Hopefully he's learned enough in this aborted rookie season to come into next year strong.

The first thing I thought of was the Ravens signing Akili Smith. I can't believe someone else thought of that too.

This really sucks for the Ravens, and opens the door for everyone else in the AFC North. If the Ravens can get someone at all competent in, they could pull it out.

Guest FrigidSoul
The first thing I thought of was the Ravens signing Akili Smith. I can't believe someone else thought of that too.

Yes but I want them to sign Akili Smith so they'll lose. The more losses they have, the better for my Pats because we have their #1pick in the next draft. I mean they got Kyle Boller with the Pats trading them the #19 overall pick so I want somebody damn good for the Pats *coughRoyWilliamsFromTexascough*

What's wrong with Jeff George? I think he's overcome his personal issues from earlier in his career, and I saw firsthand how he could resurrect a team from the ashes ('99 Vikings start 2-4, bring him in and make the playoffs 10-6)

Guest Flyboy
The Ravens should sign Kliff Kingsbury... seriously.

He's still on the Pats, just on Injured Reserve because he fucked his leg up in pre-season

Wow, he did? FUCK.

Guest FrigidSoul
We don't really need a WR though(We have Brown, Patten, Givens, Johnson).

Brown isn't going to be around for forever and I don't think we need to keep Patten after the year.

I'd rather have Fitzgerald but I doubt we make it that high.

I think we'll be signing a RB rather than drafting one, and we all know that they're going to use the out clause in Smith's contract

Boller had surgery today to repair his torn quad. Recovery time has been slightly accelerated from the original prognosis of 6+ weeks to 4-6 weeks. Ray Lucas was signed today and it appears that Anthony Wright will be the starter against Miami on Sunday. To paraphrase The Joe Schmo Show, as far as the Ravens are concerned, Chris Redman: you're dead to us.