TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

Wachowskis

Sorry if the topics been up before, but what do you think those crazy stoner bastards are gunna do next? After that cop out of a matrix finale (i will never....ever...forgive them for that tripe) can they rebound? They got so lucky with the first matrix it isn't funny. Then the second just confused and angered people and the third was one of the worst final installments i've seen in trilogy history (worse than ewoks....honest to god, ewoks). Hopefully they regulate themselves to Matrix themed comic books and video games and never bother me again.

-Cheex

Take their Matrix earnings, buy an island, and sleep on a large pile of money with many beautiful women.

While I enjoyed the trilogy, with all the bad pub they could never put their name on a movie again, IMO. It would immediately be figured to be overthought tripe by everyone, no matter what the movie was like.

Take their Matrix earnings, buy an island, and sleep on a large pile of money with many beautiful women.

No, because one of them is becoming a woman.

That's just deranged, haha. I haven't heard anyone really say this but the Wachowskis best movie (to me anyway) is Bound.

I need to take issue with this modern day bashing of Return of the Jedi. There seems to be a movement to suggest it is a bad film or something, which is totally untrue. I can sorta see why people might not like the Ewoks, but there is so much in that movie that works:

--The Jabba stuff on his ship.

--The entire huge space battle to blow up the new Deathstar (basically the Zion battle).

--Luke, Vader, and the Emperor...and the subsequent Vader face turn. You can question Vader being unmasked, but overall this is great stuff.

But do NOT compare Jedi to Revolutions. Jedi wraps things up for you extremely well from the storyline perspective. The wrongs are righted, Vader redeems himself, the Emperor is tossed into the chasm, Deathstar destroyed, Han and Leia end up with each other, Luke sees his dad, Yoda, and Obi Wan in the ghostly vision. Nevermind the Ewoks, the story itself is extremely well told.

Revolutions does actually entertain for most of the first 2 hours. Thing is, to finish the trilogy properly we need more than entertainment...we need explanation. Resolution. I mean if someone told you ahead of time that at the end of the Matrix sequels:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Neo and Trinity would both die, but the Matrix itself would survive better than ever with the main heel (Architect) still in charge.

What would you have said to this? I would have said it sounded like it would suck.

Take their Matrix earnings, buy an island, and  sleep on a large pile of money with many beautiful women.

While I enjoyed the trilogy, with all the bad pub they could never put their name on a movie again, IMO.  It would immediately be figured to be overthought tripe by everyone, no matter what the movie was like.

I think you're overestimating "bad pub." Revolutions is going to make another pile of money for them; the entire trilogy is gonna pull in over $600 million domestic and another heap on top of that worldwide.

It's not going to be hard at all for them to get another job, and unless they decide to make a fluffy romantic comedy, that picture will do just fine too. I dunno about "overthough tripe" either. If they're going to be accused of anything, it's of being too superficial and stylistic, not too profound.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

They were offered the Conan Remake before Arnie quit to do his politics thingy

Sorry if the topics been up before, but what do you think those crazy stoner bastards are gunna do next?

Hopefully they can fuck off and never come back.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

To whoever said the Wachowskis' best film was BOUND... shame on you. The dizzying array of narrative and visual tricks, combined with an absolutely kick-ass twist make the original MATRIX film the best BY FAR.