TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slimm44

Lance Storm's entrance theme

Guest TheBigCalbowski

I was at Gamestop today and on one of their monitors that plays trailers for games, I heard Spanky's music come up for one of the games.

Guest Anglesault

Spanky is a big one to hear, as is Crash Holly's old theme and the Hurricane's first.

I heard Voodoo Child once in CompUSA once, which was kinda neat, and I heard RVD(ECW) and Matt Hardy's songs on my college's station. Seems the hosts didn't know that they were wrestler themes though.

I heard Voodoo Child once in CompUSA once, which was kinda neat, and I heard RVD(ECW) and Matt Hardy's songs on my college's station. Seems the hosts didn't know that they were wrestler themes though.

RVD's was Walk by Pantera though. It's not implausable to hear that on radio. Although it is a pretty old song. I think it was released in 92.

who did Spanky's song anyway? I want that one bad.

Guest Anglesault
It's spelt Voodoo Chile, actually.

I wasn't gonna be pedantic twice in one post earlier on, but AS can take it...

I knew that too, but i saw Bret spell it with the "d" and I can't understand what he's saying in the song (you could make a case that he's pronouncing the d or not) so I figured I was wrong.

Oh well what can you do.

Voodoo Chile was the original name for the song, and Jimi Hendrix did it in a more low key bluesy style. Voodoo Child(Slight Return) is the full name of the song Hulk Hogan used as his entrance theme, as it is essentially just a blow your mind on the guitar version of the original where it is true that he's barely comprehensible.

The funniest ones to me were when I heard wrestling themes in local car commercials

Especially Tom Zenk's WCW theme (Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeaaaahhhhh!)

The most disturbing one was Booker T's in the Kids in the Hall skit. I usually like Kids in the Hall, but it was Bruce playing some secretary and it was a sexually driven video to Booker T's theme. It was a recurring character, I just can't think of her name.

Guest TheArchiteck

Yeah I was watching AMW too.....

I can't believe that horrible stock song gets played on two national programs........

The most disturbing one was Booker T's in the Kids in the Hall skit.  I usually like Kids in the Hall, but it was Bruce playing some secretary and it was a sexually driven video to Booker T's theme.  It was a recurring character, I just can't think of her name.

Yeah, I can't picture Booker T coming out without a big, spinning, flaming swastika.

Edited by DerangedHermit

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

And the never-fucking-ending saga of is it "Voodoo Child" or Voodoo Chile continues.

I can't be 100% sure of any of this, but I go by the back of my CD and it's spelled with a D, so thats how I will reffer to it.

And theres TWO Different versions?! SNUH?!

The most disturbing one was Booker T's in the Kids in the Hall skit. I usually like Kids in the Hall, but it was Bruce playing some secretary and it was a sexually driven video to Booker T's theme. It was a recurring character, I just can't think of her name.

Thanks for reminding me. What's her line there? "I do it because I'm a bitch"?

I hear the UnAmericans theme on 20/20 promos, and ESPN Classic.

Guest Oakster

It was funny listening to Goldberg's WCW theme on a Dracula documentary on the History Channel.

And the never-fucking-ending saga of is it "Voodoo Child" or Voodoo Chile continues.

I can't be 100% sure of any of this, but I go by the back of my CD and it's spelled with a D, so thats how I will reffer to it.

And theres TWO Different versions?! SNUH?!

Let me put it this way. I have the Best Of Jimi Hendrix or whatever it is. That has Voodoo Child(Slight Return) which is Hogan's song. On the Martin Scorese Presents the Blues CD for Hendrix, there is Voodoo Chile, which is a blues style version. I know because I heard it on the Rhapsody demo at my Best Buy.

Guest InFlames

On a classic radio station here in Toronto (Q107), the usually play wrestling entrances in the background when the DJ's are talking. Though, it's all the entrance music from 1998.

Guest JacK

Well, I heard the Hardy Boyz theme on Channel Ten's Motorsport coverage hear in Australia, though I'm not sure if it was on the RPM motorsport news thingy, or the V8 Supercars telecast. Suffice to say I was flabbergasted.

And also, a few of the Forceable Entry songs have been on 7's Procar motorsport coverage, like Whatever and One of a Kind to name two.

I heard Spanky's music in a Toon Disney commercial for Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers.

... Maybe I shouldn't mention or explain my watching Toon Disney at all (Aww, come on... Gargoyles!).

SpikeTV also uses Palumbo and O'Haire's old music for commercials a lot.