TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Movies or TV Shows that made you cry

Man, I'm such a fuckin bitch. Here goes.......

Braveheart: No fail, guaranteed, anytime, anywhere. "Freeeedommmmmmmmmmmm!".

In The Name of The Father: Gets my Irish blood going (stupid Brits).

Bowling For Columbine: When Moore interviewed the teacher whose student had been killed, I lost it.

Good Will Hunting: "It's not your fault."

Quantum Leap always chokes me up when i watch the finale:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

"Al retired, married, his girlfriend, and raised 3 kids. they are now celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary."

"Sam never returned home."

:sniff:

A fucking Men.

The final moments of the Quatamn Leap series finale. Not just because it was over, but because it didn't have the original ending.

We never got to see what happened after Sam told Al's wife that he was alive. All you saw was a picture of Al turn blue then the screen turned black and a redited scene took place where you found out "Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home." then a picture of Sam and Al, then fade out. I really wish that the original ending for the episode could be released to the public. Maybe on a special editon DVD of the show or something like that. It was disappointing, IMO. I just wish the show was brought back and so we could see what happened next and that the show could go off with the proper ending (Sam Beckett returning home).

The last scene of The Wonder Years series finale where Kevin Arnold lets us know what happens to all the main characters while sad music plays in the background. The music is what gets to me the most. I don't know why, but just thinking about the music after the episode was over, made me cry. That and when you hear Kevin's son ask if he wants to play catch and Kevin answers with "I'll be right there." That got me also.

Believe it or not, I didn't actually cry watching the Mystery Science Theater 3000 series finale. That's probalby due to me becoming a fan just last year and thus, I didn't get attached to the show and was a loyal fan for 10 years like many fans of the show. But I did become misty eyed during the final scene with Mike & The Bots still watching bad movies in an apartment. I did cry, but I didn't actually start to cry until after the episode ended, when I relize that MST3K was the best show I ever saw, but that it was no longer in production and there was a slim chance it would ever return. And that, I hadn't recorded every single episode of the show. That hit me hard and made me ill.

I've also broke down and cried when watching an episode of Captain Planet where one of the kids lands in a world filled with rat people. The whole point of the episode was to teach about the dangers of overpopulating the planet. Turns out the rat planet is just a dream, but I felt so bad for the rat people that I started to cry. The lead rat man appears in spirit during the final scene to warn us about not overpopulating Earth, and I still have no idea why, I began to cry again!

I cried after the series finale of Doug. For 5 hours. Straight. Yet, I had the episode on tape, and watched it about 15 times in 5 hours rewinding the final scene over and over again even though that was the scene that made me cry. I still remember the last line.

Doug: "So long, everybody. It's been fun! You're friend forever, Doug."

THAT line got to me and thus the crying for 5 straight hours. I just couldn't believe the show was over after 8 years.

I've also cried during the final scenes of The Sandlot.

And I cried during the final scene of Field of Dreams. I was actually misty eyed through the whole film. The whole father/son relationship shown in the film got to me. But it was Kevin Costner's line of "Hey dad, wanna play catch?" that triggered the flat out crying. I still get choked up whenever I even think about that scene.

Edited by The #1 MST3K Mark

Hoosiers, Rudy, the last episode of the Golden Girls, the last episode of California Dreams the last and the last episode of Saved by the Bell.

Thanks.

Guest wrestlingbs

What was the original ending of Quantaum Leap? To be honest, I thought they did good.

One ending that will forever make me both sad and angry was Farscape's "finale". For all those who don't know, Scifi canceled the show and then tried to pass the season finale as the series finale. A great show marked by a sad end. oh well.

Guest JMA

I got pretty emotional during the last episode of Cowboy Bebop.

"You're gonna carry that weight."

Guest Kamui

I'm never going to live this one down, but.....Sailor Moon. Before you mock me, the original Japanese version (the one I'm talking about, NOT the shitty censored American dub that you've probably seen on TV) was really dramatic, especially the endings.

The exact moments that actually made me cry:

The Classic season finale- When

all the Sailor Senshi other than Moon die one by one, leaving Moon alone. Her entire struggle is so heartbreaking. And then, when Endymion falls and she leans over to kiss him, she stops herself and gives one of my all-time favorite lines, saying that since her friends will never get the chance to kiss the ones they love, she shouldn't be allowed to either.

And then the final ending, where she sacrifices herself to kill Metallia and they all return to Japan with no memories of their friendship, is again, very heartbreaking.

The only other part I cried during that series was during the ending of Sailor Moon Stars, the final season, when

Sailor Moon is alone again, the last Senshi standing other than the Starlights. Galaxia appears and finally reveals to Moon that she killed Tuxedo Mask all the way back at the start of the season. Her reaction is completley realistic and heartbreaking.

Can't think of any other animes (or any other types of shows, for that matter) I cried during, thinking about it, but if I remember any I'll tell you.

-Duo

Can't think of any other animes (or any other types of shows, for that matter) I cried during, thinking about it, but if I remember any I'll tell you.

-Duo

I take it you haven't seen Grave of the Fireflies then. Everyone who doesn't totally despise anime should see that movie.

What was the original ending of Quantaum Leap? To be honest, I thought they did good.

The original ending of the Quantamn Leap episode "Mirror Image", the series finale of the show, was originally a two part episode with part 2 being aired at the start of the next season. However, NBC cancelled the show and edited "Mirror Image" to become the series finale. Rumor has it, that in the conclusion of "Mirror Image" Al, the bartender, would reveal himself to be God, and he controlled where Sam leaped. They did let you know in the series finale, that Al was more than what he said he was, due to him knowing about Sam's leaps (he said he was just a messenger), but they didn't actually flat out say that Al was God, time, or Fate and the Controller. You would also find out what happened after Sam told Al's wife that he was alive which is where Mirror Image ended.

There have been rumors for years that a Quantamn Leap movie would be made to explain what happened right after "Mirror Image" ended. Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell have said that a movie deal has been in the works for a long time but nothing has gotten off the ground. They both said they would do a Quantamn Leap movie whether it be released in theatres, direct-to-video, or a made for t.v. film.

Edited by The #1 MST3K Mark

Guest Kamui

-Duo

I take it you haven't seen Grave of the Fireflies then. Everyone who doesn't totally despise anime should see that movie.

The only reason why I haven't seen it yet is because my anime club is supposed to show it next month, so I'd rather see it then for the first time with other people than just watch it by myself.

But yeah, I know that's gonna be a tear-jerker.

-Duo

Guest wrestlingbs

The original ending of the Quantamn Leap episode "Mirror Image", the series finale of the show, was originally a two part episode with part 2 being aired at the start of the next season. However, NBC cancelled the show and edited "Mirror Image" to become the series finale. Rumor has it, that in the conclusion of "Mirror Image" Al, the bartender, would reveal himself to be God, and he controlled where Sam leaped. They did let you know in the series finale, that Al was more than what he said he was, due to him knowing about Sam's leaps (he said he was just a messenger), but they didn't actually flat out say that Al was God, time, or Fate and the Controller. You would also find out what happened after Sam told Al's wife that he was alive which is where Mirror Image ended.

There have been rumors for years that a Quantamn Leap movie would be made to explain what happened right after "Mirror Image" ended. Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell have said that a movie deal has been in the works for a long time but nothing has gotten off the ground. They both said they would do a Quantamn Leap movie whether it be released in theatres, direct-to-video, or a made for t.v. film.

Damn, what is it with scifi shows getting screwed over in their series finales? I can't believe that!

Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

Last episode of the golden girls ( my all-time favorite show)

Awakenings ( Just saw a clip and it nearly made me cry like a little girl)

Man on the moon ( Fuck, Jerry Lawler was crying)

And the kid ( after his dad tells him that his mom is dying)

Iron Giant does it for me.

I don't anymore, but I did cry once towards the end of LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring - the whole scene where Sean Austin follows Frodo into the river. The "I made a promise, Mr. Frodo!" speech really got to me, because of the whole, you know, undying friendship thing.

I can honestly say that I've NEVER cried or gotten emotional at the end of Field of Dreams. Probably because a) I hate baseball and b) I hate my father.

Guest ShamRock

Deer Hunter- Those Russian roulette scenes got to me, especially the one at the end.

Men of Honor

25th Hour

Braveheart

Gladiator

Guest Redhawk
Last episode of the golden girls ( my all-time favorite show)

What happened in that episode?

I've cried/teared up during...

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

1) Episode when Will's father backed out on spending the summer with him.

2) Episode when Carlton almost OD'd on speed.

The Color Purple

Rudy

The Five Heartbeats

The Temptations

Boyz N the Hood

Dawson's Creek (final episode)

I won't bother mentioning movies, because the list is endless. I cry at the drop of a hat. Really, once I was walking down the street and someone dropped a hat and I burst into uncontrollable sobbing.

So I'll just mention TV moments where I've cried (aside from those moments where people dropped hats).

I agree with The Wonder Years finale. When he talks about what happens with his father and then he and his father speak about what it will be like to be a grandfather, hell, I'm crying about it now.

Oh hell, there's heaps of Wonder Years moments.

Buffy: Two episodes in Season Five (those who watch can guess which incidents) plus the ends of Seasons Two and Six.

Twin Peaks: The pilot episode when all the characters are finding out about Laura Palmer's death, and all their different reactions, particularly her mother's. Incredibly sad.

I've teared watching:

Rocky V ---When Rocky goes back to Mick's gym and we see a flashback scene of when he was starting.

Terminator 2 ---- When Arnold is being lowered into the lava and says "i know now why you cry, but it is something i could never do"

Chasing Amy

We Were Soldiers

Titanic ----When the old couple is holding each other on the bed while the water rises right under them.

I remember tearing up for Old Yeller back in the day. Then, I was watching Donnie Darko and "Mad World" started playing....cried and I still don't know why.

A bunch of pussies, we are. :headbang:

Guest TheMadmanGreg

I cried during Titanic... when the old lady drops that diamond in the ocean at the end. I mean, that diamond was worth a crap-load of money, and she just threw it away. She could have given it to somebody, but instead, she throws it away. Nobody will ever have all those billions of dollars that she was holding on to all this time. She could have made that entire crew filthy rich, or even paid them back for flying her out to the ship to tell them her stupid long story. But no, she threw it away. Man, it still gets me. So much money wasted...

Boyz N the Hood

That movie gets me every time I see it. Especially Ricky getting shot.

It's a Wonderful Life

Where the Red Fern Grows

Lion King

Bambi

Frosty the Snowman

The Walter Payton Sports Century

The Babe Ruth Sports Century

Col. Blake's final episode

Glory

Ken Burns' Civil War

Platoon

Old Yeller