TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Ric Flair DVD

I didn't realise the Flair/Windham vs Gilbert/Steamboat was so short.

Ah well it was done to get Steamboat/Flair started up.

Does anyone know if Amazon.ca takes forever to ship things? I'm not objecting to paying the US price if it means I can get it at the same speed I have received stuff from Amazon before, but if the Canadian Amazon is just as fast (but the idea that it's an "Import" makes me think it's not), I'll just order from them.

Even though I've had it on tape for a while, the Ric Flair plane crash Confidential segment is one of my favorites ever. The music flows great and it's a great interview with Flair/Crockett...and it's also a remarkable story.

Have the easter eggs been posted?

nope

Disc 1: Go to Chapters. Right click on the chapter titled: "Barry Windham: Keeping up with the Champ." You will see a promo from Flair from the Summer of 1985 where he talks about Magnum T.A., Nikita Koloff, Buddy Landell and James J. Dillon (3:30)

Disc 1: Go to Chapters. Go to the Dusty Rhodes chapter section. Left click on the sub-chapter titled: "Flair Cuts a Promo." You will see a promo from Flair from the Summer of 1985 where Flair talks about New York City and Studio 54 loving him. (2:07)

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Right click on "Home." You will see a promo with David Crockett and Ric Flair following the newly formed Horsemen injuring Dusty Rhodes.

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Left click on the chapter titled: "Day in Life of the Horsemen." You will see a promo with Flair from June 1987 talking about Jim Garvin, The Freebirds and Larry Bird.

Disc 3: On the main menu page go to Play. Left click and once the WWE logo is highlighted, hit enter. You will see a Flair promo from 1987 talking about the Road Warriors, Freebirds, Jim Garvin and Precious (2:14)

Disc 3: Go to Chapters. Go to the Special Night in Greenville chapter section. Go to the bottom and select Menu. The beer in the picture will highlight. Hit enter. You will see Flair's WWE Entrace video featuring Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey)(1:54)

Disc 3: On the main menu page go to Play. Left click and once the WWE logo is highlighted, hit enter. You will see a Flair promo from 1987 talking about the Road Warriors, Freebirds, Jim Garvin and Precious (2:14)

If this is the one with the mannequin, all I have to say is "Whooooo"!!!!!!!

Man that "Day in the Life of a Horseman" promo is skipping like crazy. Fuck. I think I might be taking this back...I don't want a fucking DVD that skips. And WTF? There's this scratch on Disc 3 that I just noticed when putting it back in.

Yeah I hate FYE and I believe this is going to be exchanged.

Edited by HartFan86

Being Mr. Anal Retentive, I'm watching it in chronological order... and I've found this to be the best way

Musical intro with modern Flair interview -> pre-match setup footage -> actual match -> post match stuff

I'm up to the Barry Windham match

Also....if you highlight the Final Nitro on Disc 3, you'll get a little thing on Ric Flair's 1st WHOOOOO...including all kinds of WWE superstars doing the WHOOOO...INCLUDING JIM FUCKING ROSS. LMFAO

Pretty funny.

Guest MikeSC
Let me mention about how awesome the Starrcade 1983 buildup is from the press conferences to the $25,000 bounty to the press conference, to Race/Flair's reactions, etc.

Awesome stuff.

Actually, I missed how much I really liked the old lighting of the NWA.

Re-watch that Flair v Windham brawl from Columbia, SC. That took place at the Township, where I watched matches as a wee child.

It is the SMALLEST ARENA ON EARTH. I mean, it's tiny. If it holds 1,000 people, I'd be amazed. There is a HUGE stage on one side of the building that they didn't show that I noticed (no small feat, considering that the auditorium was BUILT to house plays).

The lighting made it look like a decent-sized civic center, instead of the tiny drama theatre it was.

-=Mike

I'm watching Rhodes/Flair...would someone TELL THAT FUCKING GUY TO SHUT UP.

The whole match he has been going WHOOOO (and a really retarded way) after EVERY impact move. He sounds like he's on speed.

I saw the eater egg on Disc 1 with Flair talking about Rhodes, MAgnum, Tully, and Nikita......Flair cracking on Buddy Landell is fuckin hilarious. You guys gotta watch it.

Man, that Windham/Flair brawl was great stuff. They kept going and going and going. I can't wait to watch the 45 minute match from World Wide...but I need to take a break because this is too much to handle during one sitting, lol.

...including all kinds of WWE superstars doing the WHOOOO...INCLUDING JIM FUCKING ROSS. LMFAO

Pretty funny.

JR's not saying WHOO, they're just turning him over.

/futurama

Does anyone know if Amazon.ca takes forever to ship things? I'm not objecting to paying the US price if it means I can get it at the same speed I have received stuff from Amazon before, but if the Canadian Amazon is just as fast (but the idea that it's an "Import" makes me think it's not), I'll just order from them.

Door to door in less than a week. Plus, no exchange and no duty.

Guest drdrainoscott

I'm so jealous of all of you. I started this thread and I still havn't been able to watch it yet. I can't wait for Tuesday...

I guess if we add in the extras it brings the running time to close to 11 hrs.

The best part? They can always do a sequel...

I'm so jealous of all of you. I started this thread and I still havn't been able to watch it yet. I can't wait for Tuesday...

You think you have it bad, I have to wait until February.

Guest Mikey2Dope

They're usually very good with shipping times although they did change the Flair DVD times. At first it said "Usually ships within 2-3 days" but that's now changed to "1-2 weeks". My order said it's supposed to ship on Nov. 21 so I'm praying it does.

But as Chris said a few posts up no exchange and no duty makes it well worth it to order from Amazon Canada.