TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Ric Flair DVD

Guest Choken One
My fav ring aprons was the Green NWA ones.

I always like the Purple Rumble Aprons.

I like it when WWE puts the PPV logo on the apron...instead of the black with the WWE logo.

I REALLY wish they imprint the Logo in the ring ala WM12.

Guest RollingSambos

I didn't like the WM XII pattern on the mat because you could barely see it on TV. I liked how WCW did it, with the big vinyl logo in the center of the ring.

I REALLY wish they imprint the Logo in the ring ala WM12.

Supposedly McMahon didn't like the way it looked. Since it hasn't been done since maybe that's true.

Add me to the list of a mark for the ramp, I always loved the way they looked. Too bad they took away space for the wrestlers, that's why WCW dropped them after it's brief comeback in 2000. I do wonder why they dropped it in 1994, however. The ramp was used for 4 years with the exception of a few events; then it was gone after Clash 27 (Flair/Sting on Flair DVD). I'd like to see it be used one more time.

I also liked the way the NWA/WCW rings had two different color turnbuckles. Normally it would be black and blue -- at least the WCW rings were for a long time.

As for the DVD, got it today, and it's awesome! I wonder how long it takes WWE HV to cook up another volume.

Remember how they supposedly cut up the mat from WMXII into itty-bitty pieces to sell as a commemoration to Michaels' title win, and they'd sell it with the famous pic of Michaels on his knees with the belt?

"Own a piece of history! The same mat on which Shawn Michaels realized his boyhood dream!"

I wonder if there were any other possible selling points to that

"Own a piece of history! The same mat on which the Warrior squashed Triple H in 30 seconds!"

or

"Own a piece of history! The same mat on which Roddy Piper stripped Goldust down to almost nothing!"

Also a lot more vintage 4 Horsemen stuff.... throw a Wargames match on there.

I would save any of the best Wargames matches for the next Bloodbath release (if they plan to make another set of cage matches).

How about the parking lot beatdown of Dusty Rhodes by the Horsemen? Add that to the next Flair set.

-Ben

If they're doing another Flair DVD, I want some classic RARE matches, not 2002-2003 crap.

What are you referring to, and what are you complaining about?

Guest Ray
If they're doing another Flair DVD, I want some classic RARE matches, not 2002-2003 crap.

What are you referring to,

uh...the previous page?

and what are you complaining about?

The idea that Flair matches from 2002-2003 belong on DVD when many classic matches are out there.

The idea that Flair matches from 2002-2003 belong on DVD when many classic matches are out there.

Only 2002-2003 match that's been talked about is the Bad Blood encounter with Michaels - which makes sense because it's legitimately their first singles match against each other.

Only 2002-2003 match that's been talked about is the Bad Blood encounter with Michaels - which makes sense because it's legitimately their first singles match against each other.

Ummmm. I have a tape Invasion 1992 where Ric Flair is against Shawn Michaels...

Ummmm. I have a tape Invasion 1992 where Ric Flair is against Shawn Michaels...

Well, okay...ONE match.

I completely forgot that the board had this conversation in June about WWE and WWE.com hyping this as their first match-up, yet they did have at least one (the match you mentioned).

Guest Ray

Flair/Undertaker and Flair/Vince have been mentioned before.

We've all seen Flair's 2002-2003 work. I see no reason to put it on there when it's already available on DVD, and when there's SO much classic footage they could use.

It would be a terrible waste of space.

Flair/Undertaker and Flair/Vince have been mentioned before.

We've all seen Flair's 2002-2003 work. I see no reason to put it on there when it's already available on DVD, and when there's SO much classic footage they could use.

Yet, neither can be shown as full-length extras.

I would save any of the best Wargames matches for the next Bloodbath release (if they plan to make another set of cage matches).

On a Flair 2 DVD, and considering the time period jumped 2 years after every match with the exception of disc 3 ('91 to '94 to 2003), I would put the WrestleWar '91 WarGames match (Horsemen featuring Larry Z vs. Sting, Flyin' Brian & the Steiner Bros.) on there. You could save the first WarGames for a sequel to Bloodbath.

I saw some lists in this thread about what matches they think could be on Flair 2, let me give mine, starting from 1988.

Sting vs. Flair - Clash 1

Flair/Windham vs. the Midnight Express - Clash of the Champions 4 (I'd put this in over Flair/Luger at Starrcade because I don't think WWE would put two matches with the same guy on the DVD unless it was something special like Flair/Steamboat.

Flyin' Brian vs. Ric Flair - World Championship Wrestling (Saturday Night before it was called that)

Luger vs. Flair, Cage Match - Capital Combat 1990

Flair vs. Sting - Great American Bash

Just to see how they would handle it, something with the Black Scorpion. :)

WarGames: Horsemen featuring Larry Z vs. Sting, Pillman & Steiners

Flair vs. Mr. Perfect - RAW

Flair's return to WCW

Flair & Arn Anderson vs. the Hollywood Blondes - Clash of the Champions (Just to get the "Flair for the Old" as an extra)

That's all I have for now. You could also throw in Flair/Savage WM 8, Flair/Vader Starrcade '93, Flair & Steve Austin vs. Sting & Steamboat from Saturday Night in 1994.

What you can do with a Flair 2 DVD is endless.

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Left click on the chapter titled: "Day in Life of the Horsemen." You will see a promo with Flair from June 1987 talking about Jim Garvin, The Freebirds and Larry Bird. 

Is this glitching for anyone else? It did on the DVD I took back to FYE, and it's doing it on the new one I got (but not in the same place).

Weird.

Guest Choken One

On a Flair 2 DVD, and considering the time period jumped 2 years after every match with the exception of disc 3 ('91 to '94 to 2003), I would put the WrestleWar '91 WarGames match (Horsemen featuring Larry Z vs. Sting, Flyin' Brian & the Steiner Bros.) on there. You could save the first WarGames for a sequel to Bloodbath.

I saw some lists in this thread about what matches they think could be on Flair 2, let me give mine, starting from 1988.

Sting vs. Flair - Clash 1

Flair/Windham vs. the Midnight Express - Clash of the Champions 4 (I'd put this in over Flair/Luger at Starrcade because I don't think WWE would put two matches with the same guy on the DVD unless it was something special like Flair/Steamboat.

Flyin' Brian vs. Ric Flair - World Championship Wrestling (Saturday Night before it was called that)

Luger vs. Flair, Cage Match - Capital Combat 1990

Flair vs. Sting - Great American Bash

Just to see how they would handle it, something with the Black Scorpion. :)

WarGames: Horsemen featuring Larry Z vs. Sting, Pillman & Steiners

Flair vs. Mr. Perfect - RAW

Flair's return to WCW

Flair & Arn Anderson vs. the Hollywood Blondes - Clash of the Champions (Just to get the "Flair for the Old" as an extra)

That's all I have for now. You could also throw in Flair/Savage WM 8, Flair/Vader Starrcade '93, Flair & Steve Austin vs. Sting & Steamboat from Saturday Night in 1994.

What you can do with a Flair 2 DVD is endless.

Don't forget

Flair/Anderson and Flair/Sting Vs Pillman/Anderson (if only for the AWESOMENESS of that time period)...

Just make ONE WHOLE DVD for the Flair/Sting saga alone....

Everyone forgets this one

Flair/Sting/Luger and Flair/Savage at Starrcade 1995. 40 minutes of some of the best booking ever seen.

I think Flair's 1992 run needs more covereage...So along with Savage WM8...Include the AWESOME AWESOME stuff Flair and Perfect did that Summer with the Warrior/Savage stuff (hell, include the Match as a easter egg)...

Have the Perfect Team Vs Flair/Ramon which was Flair at his absolute greatness with that post match interview (also YA GOTTA have the TURKEY promo Perfect cuts when has a real fucking turkey and throws it around the locker room pretending it's Heenan.)

I would add Flair/Hart title change but I'm thinking it's better to save that for Bret's DVD.

Didn't Flair and Steiner have a pretty good ***1/2-**** match on WCW saturday night shortly before he left?

Just watched Clash of the Champions 6 Flair/Steamboat 2 out of 3 falls for the first time...LOOOOOOOOOONG match but I'll be damned if that's not the best Flair/Steamboat match I've ever seen.

Better then Wrestlewar, even though the finish with the handshake is much better as oppsed to the controversy.

Oh, let me mention how awesome it is they added the Flair/Funk ending after WrestleWar as well. It's such an awesome heel turn on Funk's part.

Edited by HartFan86

I'm watching Rumble 92 on the Flair DVD right now...what do they do with the announcers when they say "WWF" in this match?

Also, I noticed they clipped Tunney's speech because I believe he says WWF.

I can't help but laugh at HBK's 2 shitty superkicks in this match...one when Flair covers his hands over HBK's foot and misses Flair's head by a foot....and when he goes BEHIND Bulldog's head and misses by a foot.

And Davey and Flair both sell it...god bless them.

Edited by HartFan86

I'm watching Rumble 92 on the Flair DVD right now...what do they do with the announcers when they say "WWF" in this match?

Also, I noticed they clipped Tunney's speech because I believe he says WWF.

...because of the controversy at that time, Monsoon and Heenan referred to the title as the "Undisputed Championship".

What about in general though? Like if one of them say "This guy is one of the best in the WWF." during the match?

I have Rumble 92 on VHS, but I really don't feel like getting it out and searching for when they say WWF and I haven't seen any clippings in this match yet.

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Left click on the chapter titled: "Day in Life of the Horsemen." You will see a promo with Flair from June 1987 talking about Jim Garvin, The Freebirds and Larry Bird. 

Is this glitching for anyone else? It did on the DVD I took back to FYE, and it's doing it on the new one I got (but not in the same place).

Weird.

Mine works fine . . . him pretending to dribble was hilarious!

Funk's heel turn has to be my favorite heel turn I can think of. He goes from being a respected judge, to a pesky leech, to a dangerous assassin in like 5 minutes. Gold!

How many finishers did Flair take during RR92? I'll count the superkick, along with the Tornado punch, the Figure 4, the Flying Forearm, the sleeper, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

BTW, (rhetorical) Is it wrong to think the Chi-Town Rumble Match was the best. Maybe I just mark out for Steamboat winning the big one, but I seem to remember enjoying that one bell-to-bell more than the other 2. I may have to rewatch it.

BTW, (rhetorical) Is it wrong to think the Chi-Town Rumble Match was the best. Maybe I just mark out for Steamboat winning the big one, but I seem to remember enjoying that one bell-to-bell more than the other 2. I may have to rewatch it.

It was a great match, no doubt

And a total crime that they didn't include at least the finish to that match when they showed the buildup to it

Hell, they showed how Race won the belt from Flair, something I'd never seen before

Wonder if they'll ever show how he won his first belt from Dusty

Didn't Flair and Steiner have a pretty good ***1/2-**** match on WCW saturday night shortly before he left?

That would be Clash of the Champions XIV. If they put that in, they'd have to leave in the part where El Gigante (he's sitting ringside) is introuced and Flair stands right up to him all badass despite looking like a child next to the big man.

A DVD devoted to the Sting/Flair rivally would rock as well; as would a 4 Horsemen DVD. Your other suggestions would be excellent as well. The Flair/Anderson cage match could be an extra if they use the Fall Brawl match.

And I agree, Flair's WWF run should be further detailed.

Watching the clips of the Sting/Flair match from Clash 1 on this chapter for Sting...why the hell couldn't they have put this on instead of the Unification match? Guess not enough room but damn...fucking awesome match.

Edited by HartFan86

And I agree, Flair's WWF run should be further detailed.

Heh, you think with RR 92 on there in its entirety, that they would also include Savage / Flair. Hell, even out the rematch on there where Flair won the title back.