TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Biggest wrestler never to wrestle at Wrestlemania

So guys that may do a smattering of "Legends Return" matches on indy cards like a Bruno or Thez don't count.

Also this list is about the "biggest names" and mostly just in the US scene so no Japanese greats or other international stars, as I really don't have a way of gauging how big those names would be here in the states.

Okay, I'm thinking guys like Abby, I don't think Dory Funk Jr ever made it to the WWE, Sandman, Brusier Brody...

I'll have to check the match participant lists for the hardcore matches to see if Tommy Dreamer qualifies

Steve

Bruno did wrestle at a Wrestlemania.

Far and away the number one American name never to wrestle at Wrestlemania (of those that were around at the same time as Wrestlemania) is Sting.

Damn, how the hell did I forget that when I was going off the top of my head?

To quote Homer Simpson, D'OH!

Steve

Guest Dynamite Kido
I'd say the Rock and Roll express as well but i think they were in a tag team battle royal at wm14.

I am gonna say nope.

STING

Midnight Express

RocknRoll Express

Brian Pillman

Nikita Koloff

and of course...

Nailz.

Magnum T.A.

Sabu

Shane Douglas

Super Crazy

John Cena

Super Crazy???

Rock n' Roll Express were in the WMXIV tag team battle royal. You see them get eliminated at least.

Other guys... hmm...

GOLDBERG!

Well, maybe not...

Magnum T.A.

Sabu

Shane Douglas

Super Crazy

John Cena

Super Crazy???

I couldn't think of anymore that hasn't already been mentioned.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Dr. Death

Terry Gordy

Muta (Enuff USA shots to qualify IMO)

Ultimo Dragon

Mil Mascaras (In WWF in 85,97)

Greg Gagne (He was good enough at one point IMO)

Da Crusher (Wrestled until 87)

Dick the Bruiser (Wrestled up to his death in 92(?)

Bockwinkel (Til 87)

Wahoo McDaniels (Til 95ish)- Bigger name than most of you realize

The Patriot (88-97)

Eddie Gilbert

Jerry Lawler (never wrestled as far as I recall)

Buddy Landell - Was very over at various times between 84-96

Kevin Von Erich

Larry F'n Zybysko!!!

Mr. Saito

Dick Murdoch

Dick Slater

Scott Norton

Steve Lombardi - employed 20 years w/o an appearence

Guest Boo_Bradley

Opening match, tag team battle royale: We skip the intros of all the unimportant teams and move right to the returning Legion of Doom, or in this case, LOD 2000, as they were repackaged to look like drugged out extras from “Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome” and put with Sunny. Presumably she thought that “LOD 2000” was the name of a new prescription drug Hawk was taking at the time and by the time she realized her error, it was too late. Yeah, those schoolboy tights make you look SO butch, Animal. Usual schmoz to start, quickly followed by Savio & Miguel getting tossed. Kurggan (who I guess had just turned face) invades the ring and gets rid of Sniper and Recon (One of whom is Bull Buchanan, as if you give a fuck). Barry Windham then does the same thing, eliminating Chainz and thus getting rid of mismatched partner Bradshaw at the same time. Man, did Bradshaw set the world record for crappy tag teams in one year before he found Faarooq or what? D-Lo goes out, thus taking Mark Henry with him. Ricky Morton doesn’t even get a chance to play himself, as he goes flying out. So do Kama (Godfather) & Faarooq, as well as the two remaining Boriquas. Bob Holly dumps the Headbangers, and Scott Taylor (Scotty 2 Hotty) charges someone and gets backdropped out. Godwinns & DOA have the showdown that will give me nightmares until I’m 40, as Hawk no-sells everything and blows simple clotheslines. HOG dumps DOA to win that battle of attrition (or in this case, atrocious), but they SWERVE us by coming back in to get rid of the Hogwinns. So that leaves the Midnight Express to get clobbered by the LOD and dumped at 8:19. I don’t rate battle royales, but this was pretty bad. The WWF tried the DOA feud and the “Hawk is a suicidal drunk” angle before giving up for good.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Sting, by far

Honorable mention goes to The Gambler, Rip Rogers and Reno Riggins.

Sting

Arn Anderson

Ultimo Dragon

Masato Tanaka

Sabu

Jerry Lawler

Sorry man, but Arn did make it. The Brainbusters beat Strike Force when Rick Martel turned on Tito Santana

The thing that amazes me most about this thread is the notion that Greg freaking Gagne was good enough to wrestle at a Wrestlemania. The guy was about 180 lbs of dropkicking fury ... how the hell could he have fit onto a Wrestlemania card?!?

Wasn't the Brawler in the gimmick Battle Royal at Wm X-7?

Guest Boo_Bradley
The thing that amazes me most about this thread is the notion that Greg freaking Gagne was good enough to wrestle at a Wrestlemania. The guy was about 180 lbs of dropkicking fury ... how the hell could he have fit onto a Wrestlemania card?!?

Geogre Wells made it to A WM, Sam Houston made it to a WM, The Gooker made it to WM...

Greg was a solid wrestler, had Verne not been his dad, then he would've probably made the jump w/Brunzell in 85 and enjoyed a few years in the mid card of the WWF