TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Yeah...Thanksgiving...

Anybody else stuck with family they wish they didn't have, annoying youngsters, and an eating time that continues to get pushed back?

Yeah. Happy fucking Thanksgiving.

Ugh...one more month until X-Mas...which is even worse...

I hear ya man. Out here where I live, all I have is my mom's side of the family in which I seem to be the only young 20-someting male. so naturally any notice of me gets pushed into the closet. I usually revert to the back room to watch the afternoon football game in peace & quiet while the rest of the family gabbers on with family gossip. Oh how I wish I could spend the holidays with my dad's side of the family.(they live across the country, btw.)

I vented most of my frustrations here already

Thankfully no one could make it and so it's just me and the folks this year, until later this weekend when the brother and the youngin's arrive, thankfully I'll be back in school when things kick in

Guest FrigidSoul

None of my family gets along thus everybody has Thanksgiving at their own place. Hell I'm not getting along with everybody in this house at the moment which shows how much tension there is in my family.

My mother's being a bitch so I'm thinking of having a bowl of cereal and going to bed just to piss her off back

I have Thanksgiving here at home with mother's side of the family, but earlier in the day I have Bizarro Thanksgiving with my father's side of the family, where everyone is nice and supportive (even if this means boatloads of small talk) and loving. I come home to the warzone that is mother's side of the family, where the night will end with mother locking herself in her room after a huge fight with one of my uncles, all three of which I'd gladly kill in a heartbeat.

My cousins rule though, so I guess it balances out.

I like Thanksgiving when it's my mother's side of the family. Which it is every year. The only time that we had it with my fathers side was one year and it fucking sucked. They're stuck up rich bastards...jesus we didn't even have Turkey.

Guest T®ITEC

Thanksgiving is just lame around my house. It's just my parents and me. We eat around 4PM and don't even spend time with each other the rest of the day. Wow, true family bonding. My brother has spent the past four Thanksgivings with his woman of choice, so I don't even get to see my favourite relative today. What a cockbiting day this is...

Tomorrow I'll just go out and begin my search to find a copy of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Hugo Weaving > family, in my case, y'know? It's fun like that.

Not when our families are filled with people that would just as soon bitch you out over something you had no involvement in as make a turkey.

That said, I hate turkey anyways, so I just ate my pasta, stuffing, and mashed potatoes before going to see my grandfather's grave (first Thanksgiving without him, so that DEFINITELY affected my mood) and smoke a BUTT.

Guest Jimbo

bleh, it's not that bad, the rents surely won't make asses of themselves and bitch at me in front of the relatives. Sorta nice, actually..

Guest hhheld_down

my thanksgivings arent bad at all. some of them have been real bad but hey, it happens. I usually spend thanksgiving with my dad and his soon to be wife (my step mom in the future i guess) and her famil and although it does get rather tense once in a while, all in all its good. Everyone tries not to do something stupid all the time which gets a little tense once in awhile but nevertheless. Christmas aint bad for me either (most of the time). I just hate this time of year because of my work (grocery store) and I always seem to have a bad week on the week of thanksgiving (like this week for instance), and I hate the pressure and expenses of christmas. Everyone says its not how much u spend on someone or whatever u get someone they will love, but its never true. Oh well. we can bitch about christmas time when it comes. Point is... Family Wise, thanksgiving is good for me. Week wise (or life wise), thanksgiving BLOWS

Guest FrigidSoul
Is anybody around here happy? Do any of you have a happy life with your families?

No, I told my family I'll be thankful when they leave me alone, then I went to bed.

I'll have a feast of a can of Beefaroni and a couple slices of bread with butter while watching T2:Judgement Day on USA in an hour

I had fun since I mainly played Super NES with my cousin- a full World Series on Griffey, eevry cup on Super Mario Kart, and a shitload of Wario's Woods. However, I feel VERY bloated and I look fat, so my self-conscious ways have me regretting it. The scale said I weighed 135, which can't be right since I was 125 just a few days ago (on the same scale). Maybe after I digest all this food I'll shrink back to normal and not look like a fucking cow.

Is anybody around here happy? Do any of you have a happy life with your families?

Welcome to TSM, home of disenfranchised males aged 18-25

Let me clear this up. My immediate family is great. Very loving, and all that other good stuff, however it is my mother's extended family that is just *sigh*.......So that is why holidays tend to be a lot of hassle over nothing. All the young people in general get along, it is the parents and beyond that can't just sit down, eat and stfu already. I just got back home and as predicted the "grown-ups" had their usual debate ad-naseua while all of the 20-somethings were in the back room watching C-spans debate on the future drug policy for america, while shooting the breeze~! So I had a pretty decent time because my strategy was to stick to my age group.

Guest T®ITEC

...My mother wants to move us to fucking Ohio next year, which is selfish of her. That puts yet more distance between my aged father and his other children. You know, the children that he doesn't resent? The old man doesn't have more than decade left, so she could at least put up with Seattle for a few years.

As for me, well, I'll be homeless before I'll live in Ohio, thanks.

Conclusion: I'm glad that the family never talks to each other, normally. Ohio...

Guest T®ITEC

Greyhound? What, for the senior citizen I call "father"? Psh. The guy's only 66 and he's akin to Grandpa Simpson, well, in some ways.

Guest Boo_Bradley
I had fun since I mainly played Super NES with my cousin- a full World Series on Griffey, eevry cup on Super Mario Kart, and a shitload of Wario's Woods. However, I feel VERY bloated and I look fat, so my self-conscious ways have me regretting it. The scale said I weighed 135, which can't be right since I was 125 just a few days ago (on the same scale). Maybe after I digest all this food I'll shrink back to normal and not look like a fucking cow.

135? I was 135 in 2nd grade!

Guest T®ITEC

Oh, okay, I'm mentally retarded. Thank you for pointing that out, Rant.

When she moves to Ohio (WTF is even in Ohio?), I'll go.. somewhere. Maybe stay here. Whatever.

When she moves to Ohio (WTF is even in Ohio?)

Choken One...

That's an experience waiting to happen

TSMer: "Hey, (whatever Choken's real name is), let's go hang out"

Choken: "No thanks, gotta keep my posting champion's title"