TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Markme123

Smackdown Tapings

Well, this sucks. I mean, Benoit beat Cena which makes me happy, but Benoit didn't beat Brock which doesn't make me happy. Though there is potential for a rematch, I doubt it's happening.

As long as the don't go to commercial during the match and cut out 5 minutes of it.

Don't worry, they will.

Vince needs to air his 10 minute pre-taped interview (cause I'm sure he has one) and no one wants to see a wrestling match for the World title.

Sounds like a good main which makes up for what sounds like a lousy show (minus Cena/Crippler) up to that point.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

From reading the spoiles, I can't make out whether Benoit will get a PPV re-match or Cena steps up now in the longer programme.

I would really prefer Benoit vs. Lesnar as a programme until WMXX and Cena to go through all of Lesnar's flunky's (A-Train, Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan, Big Show).

Guest Choken One

You know what I am REALLY digging about this current title run from Lesnar?

How he isn't confined to just ONE "rival" or angle...

He has Multilayered feuds right now, He got his "I made you tap!" feud with Benoit, He has his side storyline with Cena, His feud with Holly whose main purpose in life is to kill Brock and don't forget about Kurt Angle. Brock's Personal sting to his vader...

but he doesn't look like a coward in the process...He welcomes them all on but smartly makes them work against each other. He gets Holly Suspended, and gets two of his goons to take out Angle and he pits Cena and Benoit against each other.

However, I must say this...

Has anyone notice over the last few weeks what Lesnar has been doing with the Big Show?

Notice he makes small under the radar comments towards him...Such as his promo last week at the start of the show "I'm not afraid of no 7'4 500 Pound Monster" and notice he was the only guy on his "team" he pointed as a Threat.

It scares me that they could be planting the seeds for yet another Lesnar/TBS feud only with the roles reversed.

Likely, If anything they won't touch it until AFTER Mania...likely when Lesnar has dropped his title and will need a instant feud to keep heat.

I wouldn't look too much in the Lesnar/Big Show comment. I think that was just a sloppy mistake and Brock just talking to make a point.

Speaking of sloppy mistakes, Nathan Jones last week in the rumble started to punch Big Show from behind and BS turned to him and you could tell he said something and then Jones had that goofy look on his face where he tries to be mean but looks like he's ready to crack up laughing. I could imagine Big Show saying "You fuckin fool! I'm on your team!"

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Yeah and plus I noticed during the Battle Royal a couple of wrestlers were working to an elimination spot and Jones laid a lame punch on one of them before being told to 'fuck off' to which he just turned around and walked away.

He's a monster!

Guest Choken One

I always wondered in rumbles is there ever really a plan with who holds who and pretends to be making a effort to eliminate someone or is it usually random...

Guest Choken One
I wouldn't look too much in the Lesnar/Big Show comment. I think that was just a sloppy mistake and Brock just talking to make a point.

Speaking of sloppy mistakes, Nathan Jones last week in the rumble started to punch Big Show from behind and BS turned to him and you could tell he said something and then Jones had that goofy look on his face where he tries to be mean but looks like he's ready to crack up laughing. I could imagine Big Show saying "You fuckin fool! I'm on your team!"

It's not just that...He's done a couple other times where he has acted as he was better then TBS.

I recall a couple weeks ago or so when Brock was saying he could beat anyone and he went " I BEAT HIM!" pointing to the big show...

I'm not saying they will do an feud down the line, not that I would mind.

I do expect to keep up the act though...I could see Show starting to slip back into his goofy side again and Lesnar snapping at him...

Guest ligerbomb03

Nathan Jones is a damn fuck up... I don't blame the other guys for telling him to fuck off during the match.

Guest Choken One

for shits and giggles Doug Basham and Palumbo should have told Nathan that he was allowed to step over the ropes and walk around the ring in a battle royal.

I think Brock made those comments about TBS as a way of putting Show over (even the champ has to show him at least grudging respect) and also more importantly to put himself over (stating that he isn't afraid of the 7'4 500lbs monster). It helps put both over without taking anything away from either.

According to Meltzer, Rey/Jericho (or at least something resembling a match between the two) and the bra/panties match were taped on Tuesday AT the VGA in Las Vegas, and they won't air until after Smackdown ends.

Jason

Maybe I've been playing too much HCTP... but I like how most Smackdows stars have two finishers.

Angle with the Slam and the Anklelock... Benoit with the Crossface and the Flying Headbutt... and I hope Lesnar uses this new submission more with the F5...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Maybe I've been playing too much HCTP... but I like how most Smackdows stars have two finishers.

Angle with the Slam and the Anklelock... Benoit with the Crossface and the Flying Headbutt... and I hope Lesnar uses this new submission more with the F5...

Not to start a fight, but has Benoit beaten anyone in WWE with the diving headbutt in the last year? I can't remember.

I think of it as a tranistion move to the crossface.

Guest ligerbomb03

Yeah, I can't remember the last time Benoit won a match with the diving headbutt.

Side note: When was the last time a WWE wrestler won a match with a cross-armbreaker?

But, it was implied.  Everyone took it to mean that, just look at the reaction of the board.  WWE knew exactly what they were doing, tricking the fans into watching that stupid award show.  If all they were doing was playing a video game then that should have been mentioned.  To me this is the biggest cheap shot of them all. I cannot tell you how much this pisses me off.  This stupid fucking company, I swear to god sometimes I want to burn titan towers to the ground.

Actual matches were taped.

Good job jumping to conclusions.

;)

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
So when John Cena wins tonight (and he will), I thought he was facing Brock at the Rumble, not directly after on SD.

Or not.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
But, it was implied.  Everyone took it to mean that, just look at the reaction of the board.  WWE knew exactly what they were doing, tricking the fans into watching that stupid award show.  If all they were doing was playing a video game then that should have been mentioned.  To me this is the biggest cheap shot of them all. I cannot tell you how much this pisses me off.  This stupid fucking company, I swear to god sometimes I want to burn titan towers to the ground.

;)

Well, we know now he doesn't live up to the first word in his name. (Genius)

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

;)

Well, we know now he doesn't live up to the first word in his name. (Genius)

That's some unintentional hilarity right there.

Guest NCJ

Damn I can't wait for Smackdown. They better not drop the ball on this like they did the last time Benoit got over in a World title program. I'm wondering do you think they could be building for Benoit vs Cena at Mania. If Angle can go he is definately wrestling one of those two, but if he can't dosen't this seem like the match to do it. They haven't had a match with a decisive finish yet, Benoit was the one who argued the most with Angle over Cena being picked, and they were both the final survivers at SS. They seem to have developed a grudging respect for each other, but they couldn't be more different. I could see this really going somewhere in the future.

If you look at my post I said IF THEY WERE JUST PLAYING A VIDEO GAME.

If all they were doing was playing a video game then that should have been mentioned.  To me this is the biggest cheap shot of them all. I cannot tell you how much this pisses me off.  This stupid fucking company, I swear to god sometimes I want to burn titan towers to the ground.

But they DIDN'T play a video game, so they DIDN'T mention the matches being played on a video game, which is what you griped about.

Guest Choken One

Not to start a fight, but has Benoit beaten anyone in WWE with the diving headbutt in the last year? I can't remember.

I think of it as a tranistion move to the crossface.

Wow. The Short term memory on you...

3 weeks ago he won via Head Dive. Over a hoss. I'm betting it was Morgan or maybe A-Train or TBS. I can't remember which one.