TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

The One and Only Smackdown Thread

I'd love it if Benoit and Lesnar traded new Submission moves to build up for the I Quit Match.

Heh.

*is still waiting the day someone steals the Compressor move I've mentioned before.*

Guest Choken One
Put it on PPV and give it another 10 minutes, and THAT is your 2003 match of the year.

No way. Jericho/Michaels > this.

Shut up.

I am about the biggest mark of that Match and those two wrestlers but in a straight up match...Benoit/Lesnar would easily beat HBK/Jericho.

This match was BY FAR a better TV match. The PPV match would be BY FAR better then the WMXIX match.

I'd love it if Benoit and Lesnar traded new Submission moves to build up for the I Quit Match.

Heh.

*is still waiting the day someone steals the Compressor move I've mentioned before.*

What is this compressor you speak of? lol

Heh.

What is this compressor you speak of? lol

OK...the Compressor:

Kneeling Dragon Sleeper, your knee into the small of someone's back, while at the same time pulling one of your opponent's legs to their body, and locking your hands together to pull it tight.

Guest Choken One

Benoit's Submission Moves

-Crossface

-Sharpshooter

Lesnar

-Bearhug

-Sitting Stretch Muffler (or likely to be named the Brocklock).

any I'm missing?

Put it on PPV and give it another 10 minutes, and THAT is your 2003 match of the year.

Shut up.

I am about the biggest mark of that Match and those two wrestlers but in a straight up match...Benoit/Lesnar would easily beat HBK/Jericho.

This match was BY FAR a better TV match. The PPV match would be BY FAR better then the WMXIX match.

Yeah. It was SO much better. Because they've NEVER done the "pass out from the pain" thing before. It might have worked with Austin and Bret but not from this. Benoit should have been pinned after that F-5 because it was like the sickest looking F-5 yet.

I liked Benoit/Lesnar tonight. It's just too bad that we don't know whether or not Benoit's getting another shot against Lesnar at a future PPV (not the Royal Rumble since Cena has apparently stolen Benoit's spot already).

Guest Choken One

Shut up.

Yeah. It was SO much better. Because they've NEVER done the "pass out from the pain" thing before. It might have worked with Austin and Bret but not from this. Benoit should have been pinned after that F-5 because it was like the sickest looking F-5 yet.

and they never done the Cocky Heel wins over the popular face due to interference from Unover heel before too.

Bullshit. Why should Benoit lost to the F5? He's kicked out many times and the whole sell is "These two are the toughest men to ever wrestle"...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Scott KEith gave it ***1/2 (BOO!) For a TV Match, it should be ****, maybe more.

PPV I cna understand, but its free T.V!

I'm glad I taped Smackdown for once. I wanna see this match again. but BOO For editing the Standing O!

Bullshit. Why should Benoit lost to the F5? He's kicked out many times and the whole sell is "These two are the toughest men to ever wrestle"...

Because that F-5 was more death than a usual F-5 and it really made Brock look bad by not getting the win from it, from where I sit.

I echo the sentiments of Ravishing Rick Rudo.

I read the spoilers. I knew the results. I'm a cynic just like each and everyone one of you.

This match was booked excellently. For the first time in a VERY, VERY long time, the mark in me came out. I was screaming at every opportunity for Beniot to make Lesnar tap. So were all of the fans. The fans are now 100% solidly behind Benoit. This can ONLY lead to an I Quit match at the Royal Rumble.

I WANT THIS TITLE REIGN.

Dames

Guest Mulatto Heat

Thoughts during the show:

-Brock's head shaking when he said "I will never tap again" was too funny. He should have ended it with a "BITCH" and a snap of his fingers.

-OK, Rikishi gets a chance to show something after not being on Smackdown for several weeks, and what does he do? Nearly crushes Danny Basham's face in 30 seconds into the match.

-From the beginning of the show, Michael Cole was gradually annoying me, he really pissing me off 45 minutes in when he was bitching about Jamie Noble. During Benoit/Cena Part I both Cole and Tazz were irriating me to the point where I wanted them to both get stricken with laryngitis. And they showed such promise too over the last year!

-Textbook example of product placement with Eddie.

-Cena and Brock are pretty darn good at selling body parts. And at least a US Title feud was started! That title has been rotting on Show's shoulder due to ignorant booking for too long.

-A-Train can afford to cough up 10K? Speaking of Ks, SK thinks that it will start up another Benoit/A-Train feud and he seemed serious.

-I wonder why I even sat through SD during May and June during Benoit's depush, and why people were even advocating it.

Yeah I gotta say I love the new and improved F-5; I hope he keeps using it because it just looks nasty.

Also I hope Brock keeps breaking out more of the submission moves in his matches, it shows everyone that he has many many ways to win the match.

Because that F-5 was more death than a usual F-5 and it really made Brock look bad by not getting the win from it, from where I sit.

He also had to wait to get a count, and got a very slow one at that. And Benoit still only escaped at 2.99.

He also had to wait to get a count, and got a very slow one at that. And Benoit still only escaped at 2.99.

Yes, but let's not forget the huge delayed count between HHH and Booker T at XIX.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Nice bit of synchronocity as Benoit was saved by pure chance earlier in the evening (if the FU was a few inches farther from the ropes, Benoit is done) and Brock is saved by chance later that night when he takes out the ref.

One thing about both matches, neither Cena nor Benoit looked weak in their respective losing efforts. After all, Benoit needed a distraction to win, and Brock couldn't get a tap out.

Oh and those fans were INTO Cena. My God, that boy is a phenom.

Yes, but let's not forget the huge delayed count between HHH and Booker T at XIX.

Let's also not forget HHH was an asshole in that match.