TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

The One and Only Smackdown Thread

The more I think about it, the more I LOVE Albert betting on Benoit. They really made the match out to be important. I'm really, really, really, REALLY, surprised.

The only thing against Brock vs. Benoit "I Quit" is that they just did it with Vince vs. Steph.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

You people don't seem to get this...

Brock doesn't have to beat Benoit. Brock's proven himself. He's the Champ, the top dog, Numero Uno, the King, the Timothy Dalton of WWE...

Benoit, as the challenger has to win. And he didn't. He lost. He was choked out, and he lost the match. He saved face by never tapping out, but he still lost the match itself. He choked.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The more I think about it, the more I LOVE Albert betting on Benoit. They really made the match out to be important. I'm really, really, really, REALLY, surprised.

The only thing against Brock vs. Benoit "I Quit" is that they just did it with Vince vs. Steph.

$100 says if Benoit/Brock DOES happen with an I Quit match, they will do some kind of cop out ending like every other I Quit match in WWF/E History.

Hey maybe at RR... Benoit can win by count out and all the faces can rush out and carry him on their shoulders and we can all weep tears of reverant joy that Benoit didn't choke quite as bad as he usually does.

FUCK YOU!!

Eh, who am I kidding...that's probably where they're going.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Hey maybe at RR... Benoit can win by count out and all the faces can rush out and carry him on their shoulders and we can all weep tears of reverant joy that Benoit didn't choke quite as bad as he usually does.

FUCK YOU!!

Eh, who am I kidding...that's probably where they're going.

Post of the Day. LOL

Wait.....DAMN! I didn't see the line at the bottom.

(Dusty Finish)

Guest wildpegasus

Brock doesn't have to beat Benoit. Brock's proven himself. He's the Champ, the top dog, Numero Uno, the King, the Timothy Dalton of WWE...

Benoit, as the challenger has to win. And he didn't. He lost. He was choked out, and he lost the match. He saved face by never tapping out, but he still lost the match itself. He choked.

You're forgetting Brock tapped out again and the fact Brock cheated to get Benoit in the sitting stretch muffler. Plus, Benoit wouldn't even give up to a move he's never even seen before. That more than sets up enough reason for a rematch. Plus Lesnar still wants Benoit to voluntarly tap out.

Brock didn't have to beat Benoit...you're right, but he sure as hell made it clear that he had something to prove and that was that he could make Benoit tap and in effect, beat HIM.

He failed to accomplish that.

Dames

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Plain and simple, both men are on a mission.

Benoit obviously wants to ge the world title, somthing thats been eluding him for his entire career.

Brock wants nothing more than to make Benoit tap out.

And if you want to count Hardcore Holly, he wants to kill Brock. But he sucks, so fuck him.

Match of the year to me. In fact, this match probably goes into my top 25 of all time. I am not sure why, but this match made me excited about the product for the first in a long time. It was kind of like Austin/Hart. There are so many directions they can go from here that would be very entertaining. Unfortunately I don't really trust this booking team, in other words it is a more guarded happiness.

Plain and simple, both men are on a mission.

Benoit obviously wants to ge the world title, somthing thats been eluding him for his entire career.

Brock wants nothing more than to make Benoit tap out.

And if you want to count Hardcore Holly, he wants to kill Brock. But he sucks, so fuck him.

That is SOOOOOOO a new level to this feud!

They want the opposite.

Benoit has tapped out Brock, but isn't satisifed with that. He wants the title.

Brock has the title, he isn't satisfied with that. He wants to tap out Benoit.

OOOOOOH this is so good - fuck - please don't screw it up.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Brock doesn't have to prove anything...

"You tapped out!  You tapped out!  You tapped out!".

... I think he does.  And he hasn't done it yet.

Then logically, if we follow this line of reasoning, then Brock goes over Benoit clean via submission at RR. Because the storyline of the feud is Brock trying to prove himself to a glorified upper midcarder by making him tap out. Not Benoit's yearly quest for the title.

I look foward to that finish.

Brock doesn't have to prove anything...

"You tapped out!  You tapped out!  You tapped out!".

... I think he does.  And he hasn't done it yet.

The logically, if we follow this line of reasoning, than Brock goes over Benoit clean via submission at RR. Because the storyline of the feud is Brock trying to prove himself to a glorified upper midcarder by making him tap out.

However Benoit will prove that Brock isn't good enough to make him tap out....that's the logical story.

I'd like for next week, to have Albert look for benoit - "WHERES BENOIT!" he asks as he bullies around staff and wrestlers. Build it up as if he wants his money back. When he finally confronts a distraught Benoit, he stops and shakes his hand. Even though he lost 10, 000, the performance Benoit gave was priceless. To Albert - to the fans - Benoit never lost.

Oh man, we don't need A-Train as a face. He's good in his role as midcard road block.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I'd like for next week, to have Albert look for benoit - "WHERES BENOIT!" he asks as he bullies around staff and wrestlers.  Build it up as if he wants his money back.  When he finally confronts a distraught Benoit, he stops and shakes his hand.  Even though he lost 10, 000, the performance Benoit gave was priceless.  To Albert - to the fans - Benoit never lost.

Oh man, we don't need A-Train as a face. He's good in his role as midcard road block.

I Actually liked Albert as the Hip Hop Hippo as a comedy gimmick. Entertaining to see a 360 lb. HOSS team with a CW JTTS

Never said make Albert a face - it's more relevant when a _heel_ says it.

Then logically, if we follow this line of reasoning, then Brock goes over Benoit clean via submission at RR. Because the storyline of the feud is Brock trying to prove himself to a glorified upper midcarder by making him tap out. Not Benoit's yearly quest for the title.

The story can go both ways - which is what makes it good. Since the WWE doesn't have anything that can TOUCH that in terms of feelgoodness and depth and Benoit IS the most deserving for that title and the fans SO wanted him to win that match, Benoit going over Brock would be the best thing... of course, I'm a bit biased. Brock vs. Holly doesn't need to be for the title, Angle is coming back near rumble-time, I'm thinkin Benoit vs. Angle, Brock vs. Holly at NWO would be just fine :) . Angle comes back and says "what the hell? Chris Benoit is champion? Well, I beat him last time, I'll do it again" - Benoit goes over, thus cementing his status as champion. A Benoit title reign freshens things up - you can work numerous possibilities. Benoit vs. Eddie, Benoit vs. Cena, Benoit vs. Angle, are the main ones.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
So what would you guys rather have: Chris win the title at RR or at Mania?

Maybe Royal Rumble because he'd likely headline Wrestlemania as champion.

But the other argument is winning the title AT Wrestlemania is much sweeter.

It's a real toss up, but I'd choose Wrestlemania because of the mark out possibilties.

Sadly, it won't happen.

Holy shit, imagine at the end of Mania Chris has just won the world title. All of the wrestlers come out and put him on their shoulders just like at Wrestlemania 10. Just when you think the night is over some familiar music hits. The show ends with a simple handshake in the center of the ring followed by Bret raising Chris' hand.

I'll elaborate on that...

Mania is for the Hogans and the Rocks. Benoit is not them. Benoit is not a posterboy. You'll never see him come down on a zip-line, or have pyro. He doesn't make ladies scream. There were several shots tonight that showed that Benoit ain't a pretty man (good camera work, good emotion by Benoit - you really see his "character" when he's in-pain. It's the Austin/Blood-factor.) When Benoit beat Cena tonight, the joy he showed - he was happy, he was proud, winning actually meant something to him. I dug the shit out of that. He didn't go into the crowd and celebrate, he didn't jump up on the ropes and have flashbulbs go off - it was more of a private moment.

Benoit lost to Brock Lesnar. I don't care what Lesnar's intent was, he still beat him.

It would be correct to say that "Benoit didn't give up." He still lost though. The bell rung and Brock was announced as the winner. Therefore, Benoit lost.

True.

And Austin also lost to Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13 pretty much the same way. And look how that turned out.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Holy shit, imagine at the end of Mania Chris has just won the world title. All of the wrestlers come out and put him on their shoulders just like at Wrestlemania 10. Just when you think the night is over some familiar music hits. The show ends with a simple handshake in the center of the ring followed by Bret raising Chris' hand.

I'd fucking mark out....

But like RRR said, I don't think Benoit fits that role.

I never advocate using politics in wrestling, but if Bret said something like...

"I'll only show up to Mania if Benoit gets the title"...

I won't hate on it.

Dames

Angle has been hounding Bret for a match. If I were crazy, I'd say that Angle knows Bret can't wrestle and doesn't expect a match. Instead, he's aiming high so that he can get Bret on a second offer - refin a match. Benoit vs. Angle with Bret as special guest referee, would be SWEET. I don't think Benoit/Angle can get better than the RR03 match, but dammit, it just "fits". Unless you want to do Angle/Shawn where Bret and Shawn kiss-and-make-up at the end, where Bret takes the high road and doesn't "screw" shawn (even though Angle wins).

IF I were crazy, I'd say that's what Angle is doing...

Well, we'll get Cena/Big Show at the rumble. Shows title reign can't even be considered as a bomb - it's non existant. So Cena will prob get it and defend it up to, I dunno, Judgement Day? Take it off him there, build up to a title shot at SUMMERslam? Kinda stupid given his current popularity but... *looks at Eddie*. Even though Eddie is a whole 'nother deal.