TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quik

15 G's on Benoit!

Guest Quik

Does anyone else get that eerie, desolate, "Oh no, please God no" feeling in the pit of their stomach when they think about A-Train's bet? Could it lead to Benoit/A-Train Part 47?

It fits in with WWE logic; it's a shitty feud based on something stupid ("You cost me money, now I'll fight you."), it takes Benoit out of a world title hunt and puts him back into a shitty midcard feud, and it allows Hardcore Holly to take a totally undeserved spot in the ME. Should I be so paranoid?

I don't think it's setting up a feud at all. It was just A-Train putting his faith in Benoit and not believing in his buddy Brock. It just put Benoit over as a serious threat more. They were showing that his fellow wrestlers, even his enemies, believed in him.

Guest Mindless_Aggression
I don't think it's setting up a feud at all. It was just A-Train putting his faith in Benoit and not believing in his buddy Brock. It just put Benoit over as a serious threat more. They were showing that his fellow wrestlers, even his enemies, believed in him.

God bless you for actually having a positive outlook on that little skit.

I actually think Albert will do the whole "You cost Albert money! Albert mad!" thing next week and if the WWE likes us, Benoit will come out and just absolutely bitch slap him all over the ring and make him tap clean, basically making an example out of the big hairy bitch.

Guest croweater

I just thought that it was Albert saying, "If I can't beat Benoit no one can." But then again, maybe I look at things too simply.

I just thought that it was Albert saying, "If I can't beat Benoit no one can." But then again, maybe I look at things too simply.

That's somewhat the feeling I got from it. I saw it as being Albert knew just what kind of tough and determined SOB Benoit is after the program they just finished up.

I think it is nothing more than them trying to get Beniot over as a tough cookie.

Next eek I'd have Heyman book Shannon Moore in another squash against The ATrain only this time Moore pulls off a victory with Lesnar causing Train to loose.

This can set up a week - 2 week feud between the two.

Guest Anglesault

Benoit and Albert will now forma team, which will ally itsel with Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty.

The New Zoo Crew will consist of Rikishi Phatu, Scotty 2 Hotty, The Hip Hop Hippo and Mr. Roboto.

Guest Adrian 3:16

You and me rarely see eye to eye but I agree 100% on this.

Remember, in kayfabe land Train found out the hard way just what Benoit is capable of not too long ago. I thought it was a VERY good way of putting over Benoit, that's exactly the kind of stuff they need to do more of.

Also thought it added an interesting dimension to A-Train's character. He's one of the designated "evil" wrestlers but he has a mind of his own and he's willing to show respect to an opponent.

Guest belgarion

i also agree i think it was designed to make benoit look strong and put over the fact that even his enemies respect his talents

Guest Team Hoss

I also thought this was a very nice little segment. The fact that Benoit ended up losing made A-Train look like an ass, obviously, but it really put Benoit over.

I'm not the biggest Benoit fan in the world, but they really missed out by not putting him over. I don't know how Benoit would do as champ, but the current version of Lesnar sucks, so what's to lose?

Guest j.o.b. squad

if any feud comes out of it(assuming they remember it next week). it woude probably be a 3 on 3 feud. train morgan & posibly benoit subing for nathan jones Vs the FBI after train refuses to pay. with the fbi going over before the tajiri yang & sakada Vs nunzio, stamboli, & pulumbo

if any feud comes out of it(assuming they remember it next week). it woude probably be a 3 on 3 feud. train morgan & posibly benoit subing for nathan jones Vs the FBI after train refuses to pay. with the fbi going over before the tajiri yang & sakada Vs nunzio, stamboli, & pulumbo

Train already paid. He handed the money to Nunzio.......

Guest OSIcon

At the most, there should just be a match this Thursday between A-Train and Benoit (or maybe a tag with Brock/A-Train vs. Benoit/Cena) where the issue of A-Train losing his money is brought up. A-Train losing is money should at least be mentioned for continuity sake.

I also really liked that backstage segment. It is the little things in wrestling that get me excited. That was one of them. It was so simple yet got the point across great that Benoit is so good that even an enemy of his (and friend of Brock) would bet for him to win the title. The whole "taking bets" thing was also good because it made the match see more important then any throw-away title defense.

I thought the match was just okay, but the build up was really well done. They really need to pay it off with Benoit taking the title at the Rumble. They have built him up so much everytime he goes after the title that it is just screaming for a title win to seal the deal.

Guest Anglesault

I like how the title is almost never defended on the show any more. It makes the real defenses seem important

Eep. Gang Warz. No. Bad.

Guest T0rrent

My guess is Albert is going to try to claim he won the bet since Brock guaranteed a tap out from Benoit, and Benoit didn't tap. Which if the WWE is smart, cause a rematch between Brock and Benoit at the next PPV and have A-Train go double or nothing, and then cost Brock the title.

I like how the title is almost never defended on the show any more. It makes the real defenses seem important

So, does that mean Show's first defense will be really important because he's never defended it?

:lol:

My guess is Albert is going to try to claim he won the bet since Brock guaranteed a tap out from Benoit, and Benoit didn't tap. Which if the WWE is smart, cause a rematch between Brock and Benoit at the next PPV and have A-Train go double or nothing, and then cost Brock the title.

Cost Brock the title? That's dumb. If Benoit wins it...he wins it clean or not at all.

I think most people here would rather not have Benoits first title win be tainted by A-Train interference. Plus, Benoit doesn't need any help.

Guest wildpegasus

There can't be interference if Benoit ever wins the title. It'd ruin the whole beauty of him winning it. I could go for a similar situation to Bret, Booker and Benoit where Benoit refused to take the win after Bret Hart interfered in the 7th match of Benoit vs Booker T if the WWE wants to prolong Benoit's chase. This is an angle that's very rare and works really well. I think this would even get the crowd more behind his chase of winning the title.

A-Train betting on Benoit was fantastic. Benoit's nemesis throughout the year despite not liking Benoit bets big time money on him to win the title against his buddy who just happens to be the world champion. That's how you put someone over. And man, I could dig another A-Train vs Benoit match if that's the way the WWE is heading. All of their matches this year were underrated. On the house shows lately, A-Train's been shaking the hand of Ric Flair after Flair won the bouts so it's going to be really interesting to see where they're going with A-Train.

Benoit vs Lesnar had to be the most enjoyable match of the year. A super intense brawl. I've seen a lot of matches from everywhere over the years and this one here is now one my favourites of all time anywhere. I feel guilty giving it only 4 stars.

Guest Anglesault
There can't be interference if Benoit ever wins the title. It'd ruin the whole beauty of him winning it. I could go for a similar situation to Bret, Booker and Benoit where Benoit refused to take the win after Bret Hart interfered in the 7th match of Benoit vs Booker T if the WWE wants to prolong Benoit's chase. This is an angle that's very rare and works really well. I think this would even get the crowd more behind his chase of winning the title.

I disagree.

The Benoit character has blown every world title feud he's ever had. (Rocky, Austin, Angle) the fans are eventually going to get sick of this. If he walks out of another big PPV match without the belt (under any circumstance) fans are more likely to say "Fuck This."

I disagree.

The Benoit character has blown every world title feud he's ever had. (Rocky, Austin, Angle) the fans are eventually going to get sick of this. If he walks out of another big PPV match without the belt (under any circumstance) fans are more likely to say "Fuck This."

Fan's aren't that smart.

Actually no, he hasn't blown the chances. They've been taken away from him by bullshit Dusty-style finishes that favoured the faces Rock and Austin because Benoit made them look bad.

Guest Anglesault
Actually no, he hasn't blown the chances. They've been taken away from him by bullshit Dusty-style finishes that favoured the faces Rock and Austin because Benoit made them look bad.

Rocky: Benoit cheated and got caught.

Austin: Benoit was pinned clean.

Angle: Benoit tapped clean.

Guest OSIcon

Good booking says that Benoit wins the title without any interference. He has been built up as the best wrestler in the promotion and the guy who has Brock's number. What sense does it make to build up the fact that he is better then Brock, only to have him win in a way that doesn't show he is better then Brock? Interference would still leave the storyline open. It would be telling the fans that Benoit has what it takes to be champion, but then he can't get it done himself.

They do need to push the button on a Benoit title win sometime soon if they are ever going to do it. He's getting up there in age and it is true that you can only have him lose the big title match so many times before people stop caring about him winning the title.

This years' Rumble is the perfect time for him to win it. He has been pushed strong the past couple of months, is over, and is looking better in the ring then he has all year. Plus they use flashbacks of last year's Rumbe title match to help create the atmosphere. If they are going to have all these big "special attraction" matches ay Wrestlemania, why not put the title on a guy like Benoit (since the championship match won't make or break the show)?