TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Rock's new entrance.

He should still use the helicopter opening...it was so bad ass. And what the hell was up with Rock's new random bold, white text t-shirt? Does he like get a new one everytime he comes back one time? Ah well.

Discuss.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Yeah, I already miss the Hollywood opening. It was awesome, but it was also heelish, like a movie villian.

You got it. Rock has two entrances, one heel, and one face. Also the new shirts are horrible.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I prefer the helicopter opening. It almost had a god-like feel to it.

I would have to agree, that I like the heel entrance better. But then again I like the heel Rock better as well.

Last night, he HAD to play a face, period. Did you see the fans going ape shit for him?

They also had to use the entrance you saw, as it's more "out of nowhere". Your're sitting there, and then all of a sudden you hear "If you smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...!!!!!!!!!!" it just gets to you for shock value a hell of a lot more than the slow helicopter entrance does. I love that one also, but last night it wouldn't have worked out as great as what we saw.

Just give me the ol' "Do you smell what the Rock is cookin'?" That stuff was awesome.

Of course, he gets the monster pop of the century with any entrance he has.

I actually agree with DH for once here. Something like that needed to be so spur of the moment that fans wouldn't be sure of what was going on until he was halfway down the entrance ramp. Using the heel entrance would've gotten them prepared well in advance.

Not to mention that it is a...you know, a HELL entrance. Last night he couldn't be anything but a face, even if they attempted to have him heel, the fans wouldn't give a shit. They'd cheer him on just for the hell of it.

He left as a face, though. Didn't he appear in the summer and help Booker T. fend off Jericho/Christian during a Highlight Reel?

I believe so, yes.

Well, I knew his heel run would be over when he fought Goldberg. And when Rock said surprise the fans, he DID. I really thought Rock was a lost cause. I thought he wouldn't be around from WMXX either. Just seeing return last night brought back huge memories of the Rock n' Sock Connection. Mark out moment for me after seeing them fight La Resistance together.

I still think that despite what you are saying he would of gotten a massive pop anyways. The helicopter shot would of come on and the fans would of gone nuts at the scene. Then it would of built up and built up for the next few seconds, then "IS COOKIN'" and BOOM.

At least that's how I look at it. It would of been much more markout for me if that opening part of his entrance had randomly come on and taken up the TV screen as well, cutting away from Foley/La Resitance.

You wouldn't have the instant out of nowhere shock value though...that's my point. Intead, you'd have had the slow buildup, which would have gotten everyone ready for when he did walk out...it wouldn't have been the same experiance.

Very true...I see where you are coming from.

But considering I got that "holy shit out of nowhere" shock value when he did the same thing last June 2002 with Vince when Austin walked out, I guess it kinda just makes this one look not as good as it could of been.

the hollywood helicoptor entrance is tremendous......the FULL one from No Way Out 2003 is amazing with the music playing in the background.

I agree however that he needed to come back with the exact entrance he used. It was pure shock value

I guess you guys are right because it obviously worked.

I guess I kind of invisioned him more or less coming back at the Rumble. I can picture the fans counting down from 10 to 1, then the helicopter/overview of LA starts to play with the music in the background and the fans going nuts.

Ah well.

Since my tape just HAD to pick last night to fuck up, is there anywhere I can get a video of the appearance? I don't mean a tape, just a clip of it, as I didn't see Raw at all last night and I could care less about the rest of it.