TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

One and Only NFL Week 16 Thread

Being a Titans fan, I would rather play Indy or KC than Baltimore in the first round, as crazy as it sounds.

Im sort of torn..

On one hand you've got McNair who is hobbling around and probably one hit away from being out for the rest of the year.

On the other hand you've got Peyton Manning who has never won a big game in his nfl career, and it would bring the Old Baltimore team back to Baltimore.

Im sure neither team would want to go to Baltimore in the first round...but given the standings, one of them will if the Ravens make the playoffs.

Of course, if the Ravens dont make the playoffs, theres probably gonna be a line for that spot to play in Cincy...

Alright then stop talking about the Patriots.

Don't even try that shit, Cartman.

TMD made a relevant point about a possible KC/NE matchup and you tried to bait him by going off topic and bashing OU.

If you can't debate on the subject, then don't say anything.

When's the last time Favre hasn't started a game? Looks like Doug Pederson's going to have to earn his salary for once. Luckiest man in sports, the Packers backup QB.

The last Packers game started by someone other than Brett Favre was September 20, 1992 against Cincinnati. Don Majkowski started, was injured and was replaced by Favre, who led the Packers to a 24-23 come-from-behind victory.

I mean how he's always sayin "I hate the Pats blah blah"

So I hate OU, whats the difference?

Anyways i'm sorry Dama.

I'm always saying? I said it in this thread! This was actually the first time I've expressed my displeasure with The Patriots.

And it's in an NFL thread about this weeks games. This isn't a College Football thread. OU has nothing to do with this thread.

I have done nothing wrong nor have I flamebaited anybody. You on the other hand were.

Point stands. I dislike the Patriots and I hope they don't make it to the Super Bowl. I hope KC or Indy makes it because I like them more. However I am realizing that The Patriots play consistently better(when the Chiefs are ON I don't think anyone can take them) than the other teams so it sucks that I have to see them in the Super Bowl.

And I'm sorry for running off topic again APO. He made the comment again wondering what the difference was and I told him. I know that's your place but I couldn't help myself. Sorry.

Ya know in all honesty I meant all that OU bashing as a joke, and I thought you knew that before tonight. I'm sorry if your offended at sports opinions and "friendly taunting". I never expected you to get upset about the whole thing.

I said I was sorry let it end there.

Anyways.

Big thanks to the Broncos for clinching the bye for my Pats tonight. Griffin and Jake the Snake are OWNING the Ponies right now.

Ya know in all honesty I meant all that OU bashing as a joke, and I thought you knew that before tonight. I'm sorry if your offended at sports opinions and "friendly taunting". I never expected you to get upset about the whole thing.

I said I was sorry let it end there.

Anyways.

Big thanks to the Broncos for clinching the bye for my Pats tonight. Griffin and Jake the Snake are OWNING the Ponies right now.

Well it annoys me. It's like that annoying kid that follows you around school making "Yo Momma" jokes. You know he's just messing around but you want to backhand the little shit anyways.

And about tonights game.............Manning get your head out of your fucking ass! God damn you. Are you falling into your "My last name is Manning! I have a great legacy! I'm the best! Watch me start not caring and acting like a huge baby once I mess up!"

I wouldn't lay all of this on Manning. Indy's defense has been terrible tonight.

That they have. I have seen way to many missed tackles tonight and guys that should've been covered and passes that shouldn't have been caught.

Guest Flyboy
I believe it's called "Usual Peyton Choke Time".

:)

Blame it all on Peyton even though his defense can't stop the run? Riiight. Peyton > Brady any day of the week.

Guest Flyboy
^except that Tom Brady has won a few playoff games (and a super bowl), something Peyton hasnt done yet...

Erm, yeah. Thanks for stating obvious facts. Manning is the better quarterback, period. Sure, he's choked in the playoffs, but that still doesn't make him less of a QB than Brady.

^except that Tom Brady has won a few playoff games (and a super bowl), something Peyton hasnt done yet...

Erm, yeah. Thanks for stating obvious facts. Manning is the better quarterback, period. Sure, he's choked in the playoffs, but that still doesn't make him less of a QB than Brady.

In a few years, we'll be making this comparison...

Peyton = Dan Marino.

Brady = Joe Montana.

Actually it does.

Winning is the only thing.

Dan Marino was one of the best QB's ever, yet people never mention him among the games greatest because he never won anything.

Oh dear god.....please don't compare my favorite QB with anything from the Pats.......then again it'll probably end up being true.

I dunno......looking at Manning's movements and his facial expressions when going on and off the field he appears to have a big attitude problem.

When they just said that Peyton had 4 consecutive 4,000 yard seasons and Marino had 5 but not consecutive, the whole Manning = Marino comparison popped into my head.

And, Jamal only needs 102 yards to outrush Barry sanders for 2nd all time in rushing yards in a season, which is a whole lot more reasonable than him geting 154 to break the record..

Peyton may have good (even great) regular season stats, but let's look at his postseason stats now:

'99 vs. Titans - 19/43 att, 227 yds, no TDs

'00 vs. Dolphins - 17/32 att, 194 yds, 1 TD

'02 vs. Jets - 14/31 att, 137 yds, no TDs, 2 INTs

I will continue to state that until Manning wins a big game (or rather, several big games, like the big one) that he's an overrated QB who gets a lot of media time because he's an "aw shucks" pretty southern boy