TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

USC Trojans

Fuck this noise...USC's cheerleaders are hotter than everyone elses. Oh those tight fitting, white sweaters. END OF DEBATE! :D

Quick question: like I said I didn't read the whole thing, but is the debate over who is the better team or who deserves to be in the game?

I think it's a little of both.

Who the real champion is and who the better team is.

Like THAT can be determined by arguing over the polls...

:lol:

And as for better team, that's pretty much impossible to determine unless all 3 play each other.

But Michigan is as good as LSU because Michigan lost by a total of 7 to Iowa, who beat Florida who beat LSU, and Oregon. But those games were FLUKES~! as well.

I thought we proved who lost to who and who they lost to doesn't prove anything.

All this fun when three teams finished with one loss. Aren't you glad Michigan beat Ohio State to prevent a four way controversy over this?

All this fun when three teams finished with one loss. Aren't you glad Michigan beat Ohio State to prevent a four way controversy over this?

Hell yes.

And admist all the controversy everyone needs to admit one thing.

You love this controversy. You love arguing over it and you love all the stuff surrounding it.

I know I do.

And apparently the nation does to since the Rose Bowl posted HUGE numbers.

Personally I don't even have much of a problem with a split championship this year. In a year when no one could even manage to go undefeated and 3 teams ended up with basically the same record, maybe we shouldn't be calling any of them clearly better than the other. On the other hand, I'd hate it way more if we had two undefeated teams and they didn't even face each other because of bowl politics. Remember, before the BCS, Virginia Tech would have probably been completing their undefeated season against some stiff team in the Cotton Bowl instead of playing against FSU for the national title. And all the previous "BCS controversies" basically came down to "who is going to be the sacrificial lamb we are feeding up" and really got far more press than they were worth (such as that Oregon-Nebraska-Colorado nonsense, where Colorado was whining despite having absolutely no tangible claim to a title game). Personally (and I'm sure very few would agree, but whatever), I feel that if one big team (meaning not someone from the MAC or CUSA with a creampuff schedule) can go undefeated and no one else can, they should be the national champions without even having to play a bowl game for it.

"You and BPS both seem to have a bias against OU"

No...

I only care about one team, and they beat Northwestern last week.

Hoewever, as someone who watches the games without a bias...I'm sorry...without being a fan of any of them...USC and LSU are the top 2 teams

There was one USC cheerleader, a brunette who looked to die for....

One????

I want to become part Mormon so I can have all of those females. Holy hell, USC is my national champion just for the Song Girls.

NO CHEERLEADERS in college football come close to USC in terms of hotness.

USC Song girls > All other college cheerleaders

"You and BPS both seem to have a bias against OU"

No...

I only care about one team, and they beat Northwestern last week.

Hoewever, as someone who watches the games without a bias...I'm sorry...without being a fan of any of them...USC and LSU are the top 2 teams

And what is your basis, aside from OU losing the Big XII, for thinking they are better?

That seems to be your only reason. And it's a pretty weak one. So give me another reason if you have one.

It's not a weak reason.

It's the same reason the writers and coaches agree with me.

You can't get blown out in your last game and play for the National Title.

Fact is though that USC didn't have to play that game. Only 3 conferences play for a championship and if they don't all play for one then you can't say "You need to win your conference" because that creates different standards and one team can waltz to a conference championship over a weak conference(like USC did) while another has to go through a tougher conference and actually play a championship game against the second best in the conference. So no the conference championship thing doesn't work.

And why should the placement of the loss mean anything? If you're saying b/c OU lost they shouldn't play then neither should LSU or USC! They lost games to! And USC lost to an unranked team!

So give me a good solid reason aside from that game why OU doesn't belong in that game and isn't as good as USC. Because so far nobody has been able to come up with anything besides "well that's how I feel" which doesn't work.

The statistics and the actual visual proof in the season's games back OU up as the best out of the 3.

And you HAVE to have a bias to not know this.

Were's the Miami (OH) love? They only have one loss too, and it will be to an eventual top 10 team.

I think they are shunned b/c of the conference they're in. Which is kind of sad.....but then again if you are a really good team in a shitty conference(see USC) then it'd be easier for you to get victories.

The team they would have had to play (the second best team in the Pac 10) would have been Washington State...who they already played this year and beat 43-16.

Besides...I said you can't get blown out in your last game. If USC had been blown out by Oregon State they wouldn't have deserved to go...and they would have still won their conference.

The team they would have had to play (the second best team in the Pac 10) would have been Washington State...who they already played this year and beat 43-16.

Besides...I said you can't get blown out in your last game. If USC had been blown out by Oregon State they wouldn't have deserved to go...and they would have still won their conference.

So.....do you have any other reason? Hmm?????

Tonight proved that that game was a fluke anyways seems how OU is 10x better than Ohio State.

And basically to look at that last game and say "Well they lost badly in this game. I don't care what they did in the rest of the season. They got beat in this game." is complete bullshit. Look at the whole picture and you'd realize that OU played better and put up better numbers than USC and LSU thus making them the better team, or at least the equal team.

But you can't seem to do that, which indicates you have a bias.

So look at the whole picture, the entire season and find me a reason why they aren't better than USC and LSU.

"Tonight proved that that game was a fluke anyways seems how OU is 10x better than Ohio State."

BASED ON WHAT?

"our one loss by FOUR SCORES was a fluke" "We're ten times better than a team we didn't play"

You are such a fanboy it isn't even funny...and hasn't been all month.

If you lose by a point that could be a fluke. 28 is an ass kicking.

"Tonight proved that that game was a fluke anyways seems how OU is 10x better than Ohio State."

BASED ON WHAT?

"our one loss by FOUR SCORES was a fluke" "We're ten times better than a team we didn't play"

If you lose by a point that could be a fluke. 28 is an ass kicking.

LOOK AT THE ENTIRE SEASON AND FIND ME ANOTHER GOOD REASON WHY THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO BE IN THAT GAME.

BASED ON WHAT?

"our one loss by FOUR SCORES was a fluke"  "We're ten times better than a team we didn't play"

If you lose by a point that could be a fluke.  28 is an ass kicking.

Based on the numbers they put up, the win/loss record, and the way they played the whole season! OSU pulled out last minute comebacks while OU steamrolled their opponents!

And yes there can be a 4 TD fluke. It's called one team not showing up to play and another team showing up to play. Because if OU had been having there best day they wouldn't have lost that game.

Now give me a reason.

And you're calling me a fanboy!? I wouldn't act so fanboyish if you guys didn't have such an obvious bias. You can deny it all you want but you have such a bias that it's not even funny. You can't even come up with a good reason aside from that one game why they are a bad team and don't deserve that title game. So one bad game negates an entire season......right.........that makes zero sense.

The fact is, Dama, we keep giving you great reasons and you just keep saying "ive destroyed those reasons come up with another one". Those are the only reasons there are and they are correct. Im not denying OU had a great REGULAR SEASON. But they were EXPOSED by KState and USC proved their worth by dancing all over Michigan. The Pac Ten is not as bad as you seem to think. It is much tougher than the Big Ten and Big East. USC crushed the champion of the Big Ten yesterday. And on top of that the Pac Ten has a much better record than the Big XII in the bowls and OU didn't even WIN the Big XII!!

And for the last time, stats mean NOTHING. Thats why the BCS is flawed. Stats are all it goes by.

The fact is, Dama, we keep giving you great reasons and you just keep saying "ive destroyed those reasons come up with another one". Those are the only reasons there are and they are correct. Im not denying OU had a great REGULAR SEASON. But they were EXPOSED by KState and USC proved their worth by dancing all over Michigan. The Pac Ten is not as bad as you seem to think. It is much tougher than the Big Ten and Big East. USC crushed the champion of the Big Ten yesterday. And on top of that the Pac Ten has a much better record than the Big XII in the bowls and OU didn't even WIN the Big XII!!

And for the last time, stats mean NOTHING. Thats why the BCS is flawed. Stats are all it goes by.

How does one game expose a team!? Haven't you ever heard of "any given sunday"?

Based on the way OU played in the regular season the only logical conclusion is that the Big XII title game was an aberration.

And the only reason I've seen is "They lost to KSU" and that's not a good reason no matter how much you claim it is. Because once again...the other 2 teams lost as well and one of them to an unranked team.

If stats mean nothing.........then neither does the score! All that matters is who won and lost!

And by that logic......all 3 of them lost!

And how did USC play better than OU this season!? You even said it yourself that you hadn't seen USC play till the Rose Bowl. So tell me what the hell you're basing this on? That one game!? No wonder you think OU sucks. You're basing everything on one game!

That's why I like the BCS b/c it takes the big picture into affect rather than looking at ONE game.

So someone give me a god damn reason aside from "They lost to KSU". Show me where LSU and USC played better during there season. SHOW ME.

Were's the Miami (OH) love? They only have one loss too, and it will be to an eventual top 10 team.

I think they are shunned b/c of the conference they're in. Which is kind of sad.....but then again if you are a really good team in a shitty conference(see USC) then it'd be easier for you to get victories.

So USC beat the Big Ten Champ easily because they were in a "shitty" conference? Que?

Pac-10 4-2 in bowl games.

Big XII 1-5 in bowl games.

Only match-up of Pac-10 and Big XII in the bowl season, Washington State beats Texas.

Now who is in the shitty conference again?