TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Rumble and Mania plans

Guest drdrainoscott

In this weeks Observer, Dave writes that the WWE already has booked up to Wrestlemania in order to give the show the proper buildup that it deserves (there is something funny about that statement)...It also says that due to this, they have already picked the rumble winner, and he will be from Smackdown. The winner will then go to Mania and fight Triple H for the Raw belt in a cross brand matchup, while Goldberg will challenge Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title.

If this is true, while it would be great for Beniot to win the rumble, I don't really want him to fight Triple H at Mania, nor do I want him to fued for the Raw Title. Hopefully Angle will win the rumble now or something.

So in order to 'give it the proper build up it deserves', won't they need to abolish, to some extent, the brand extension to build heat between the opposing wrestlers?

Hypothetically:

Triple H vs Chris Benoit

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar

The Undertaker vs Kane

All RAW vs SD! matches, meaning the brand extension becomes meaningless if they choose to go along this road.

UYI

Guest Deebo

Ehh..I'll believe this when I see it. Wasn't Meltzer saying a week ago that it had already been planned out for Randy Orton to win the rumble, then challenge Triple H?

EDIT: Oh, and if Wrestle fucking Mania 20 ends with Goldberg holding the WWE title, I'm going to fucking throw up.

Guest Anglesault
Triple H vs Chris Benoit

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar

The Undertaker vs Kane

ANGLE/HBK!

It actually looks plausible!

Hey, sure, why not? HHH has already used up all his challengers on Raw, so why not have him start burying guys not even on his show? Brilliant idea. Once again, I take my hat off to the genius of Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

KUDOS~!

Even if they have already booked up to Wrestlemania (which i doubt), they'll re-write things and change their minds a hundred times before we reach the event, every week they seem to have an entirely new card lined up other than Taker v Kane.

Guest Salacious Crumb
In this weeks Observer, Dave writes that the WWE already has booked up to Wrestlemania in order to give the show the proper buildup that it deserves (there is something funny about that statement)...It also says that due to this, they have already picked the rumble winner, and he will be from Smackdown. The winner will then go to Mania and fight Triple H for the Raw belt in a cross brand matchup, while Goldberg will challenge Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title.

If this is true, while it would be great for Beniot to win the rumble, I don't really want him to fight Triple H at Mania, nor do I want him to fued for the Raw Title. Hopefully Angle will win the rumble now or something.

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. How are you supposed to build up the feud when they're on opposite shows? And this screams on Trips being out of people to go over on Raw and wanting someone new to try and get some heat from.

Poor Benoit.

Guest Retro Rob

In storyline terms though, Benoit is not able to challenge for the WWE Title, so having him take on Triple H would actually make sense if he won the Rumble.

As for Goldberg winning the title from Brock, it won't happen.

Guest Anglesault
HHH losing to Benoit for the World Title would make Baby Jesus happy.

Has anyone stopped to think about this?

Wrestlemania XX: The biggest show ever in the history of pro wrestling and a celebration of the history of the company like none we've ever seen...

And a guy that started getting a push the previous NOVEMBER is winning the world title?

From the supposed Franchise Player of the company?

Have you all lost it?

Guest Ghettoman

Benoit vs Triple H, wow what a peice of shit that would be. After 15 minutes of selling Trip's slow as shit offense consisting of generally nothing, Benoit gets 3 minutes of quick offense that culminates in some retarted screw job finish that either makes Benoit look like a peice of shit or a peice of shit who got screwed and wants revenge.

ARGH. Benoit/Brock had gold written all over it I tells ya....

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Trips/Benoit would be a pretty cool match, actually. The last time the two weant at it (pre-quad, yes. But still...) it was a **** 1/4 match.

Guest Anglesault
(pre-quad, yes. But still...)

You say that like HHH's matches as a whole didn't go to hell post Quad

If Benoit is given the WCW title as his "big win" I will stop watching the WWE until I kill Vince Mcmahon and the McMahon family - or effectively sterilize each of them so they won't procreate, therefore future generations will be saved from their genetic idiocy..

gay.gif

Guest Deebo

I can't see Benoit losing to Trips at WM. They aren't going to have the guy who wins the Rumble lose at what they'll surely be hyping as the biggest Wrestlemania ever.

Guest Mulatto Heat
And a guy that started getting a push the previous NOVEMBER is winning the world title?

From the supposed Franchise Player of the company?

Have you all lost it?

:lol: Ah, 'Sault. Always putting things into perspective.

Anyhow, as of right now I'm not even convinced Benoit's in the final four of the Rumble (as I said earlier in another Rumble thread). It would make sense if Goldberg won because then Goldberg/Lesnar would be the main event at XX. Can you picture it as a 3rd or 4th from the top match? I can't. But then again I'm kind of shocked that they're still going through with Goldberg/Lesnar.