TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Official TNA Preview

More matches to come I'd assume...

WHO WILL BE OUT OF POWER: WATTS OR CALLIS?

This Wednesday night, the battle for power will finally come to an end as NWA Director of Authority Erik Watts will go one-on-one with TNA Management Consultant Don Callis inside the Asylum ring! In the end, only one man will have control of TNA, as the LOSER MUST RESIGN! Surely, Watts will be ready to go, as he will be backed by Goldylocks along with NFL Star Brian Urlacher (see below). On the other hand, Don Callis hasn't battled in the ring in some time! Surely, NWA World Champion Jeff Jarrett and Callis will have something up their sleeves! Who will emerge as the true power in TNA? Tune in this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View!

WORDS OF WISDOM FROM JONNY FAIRPLAY!

Also this Wednesday night, January 28, Mike Tenay will have an exclusive sitdown interview with former Survivor star and new TNA superstar Jonny Fairplay! Without a doubt, Fairplay will discuss his role in TNA, his alliance with Callis and Jarrett as well as the rude welcoming party AJ Styles gave him!

NFL STAR AND CHICAGO BEARS GREAT BRIAN URLACHER IS COMING TO THE ASYLUM!

On Wednesday, NWA Director of Authority Erik Watts dropped a bombshell on TNA when he announced that NFL star and possibly the baddest man on the gridiron - Bears superstar Brian Urlacher - will be his guest this Wednesday night, January 28 live at the Asylum! The Pro Bowl great is close friends with Watts, and will no doubt be watching as Watts faces Callis in the ring!

The only question is, will Don Callis and Jeff Jarrett make the mistake of getting in Urlacher's way? TUNE IN AND FIND OUT!

X CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

CHAMPION CHRIS SABIN vs. MICHAEL SHANE

Two of the X Division's elite will meet this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View as Chris Sabin defends his newly-won X gold against Michael Shane of the New Franchise! These two X superstars are no strangers to each other. Michael Shane beat Sabin in Ultimate X1 for the title - and Sabin returned the favor in Ultimate X2. Tied up, the superstar who emerges victorious this Wednesday will not only own the gold, but will prove without a doubt who the better X athlete is!

THE INSANE CLOWN POSSE: LIVE THIS WEDNESDAY IN THE TNA ASYLUM!

This Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View, the Insane Clown Posse will once again be on hand in the TNA Asylum! This past week, Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope brought their army of fans to the Asylum and and created quite a buzz throughout the show, even going so far as to interfere in Jeff Jarrett's match! This week, TNA has invited the ICP back, and only J and Shaggy know what they've got planned!

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

CHAMPIONS 3LIVE KRU vs. THE REDSHIRT SECURITY (NORTHCUTT AND LEGEND)

Last Wednesday, the Redshirt Security beat America's Most Wanted for the number one contender shot - earning them a match this Wednesday against titleholders 3Live Kru! Can Don Callis' monster security of Northcutt and Legend beat BG James and Ron "The Truth" Killings for the gold, or will 3Live Kru keep Doin' The Damn Thing? Tune in and find out!

D'LO BROWN vs. ABYSS

As the world witnessed this last Wednesday, number-one contender AJ Styles was injured following the main event when the monster Abyss launched him from the ring through a table on the outside! As a result, D'Lo Brown has promised to step up the plate to face the juggernaut this Wednesday night! According to D'Lo, not only is he fighting to get back in the NWA title picture, but he's seeking vengeance for what happened to AJ! D'Lo isn't coming to wrestle - he's coming for a war with Abyss! We also hope to have an update on AJ come Wednesday night!

ALSO ON THE SHOW: The Sandman has promised retribution for what the Gathering of CM Punk and Julio did to him and Balls Mahoney on Wednesday! What hardcore lengths will the Sandman go this Wednesday night to take the fight back to Father Mitchell's crew? Tune in and find out! Also, where is Raven - and will he show up to the Asylum this Wednesday?

IN ADDITION: MORE NEWS ON THE HUGE AMERICAS X CUP FEBRUARY 11 PAY-PER-VIEW! This past week, the NWA and AAA teams for this big inter-promotional Pay-Per-View on February 11 wre announced! Jerry Lynn returned to captain the NWA team, while AAA revealed their side!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE ON WEDNESDAY JAN 28 LIVE ON PPV!

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

A question: I always heard about Callis being a former wrestler, even when he was Cyrus in ECW. Does anyone have any idea who he was, why he retired and became a non-wrestler, and, more importantly, was he ever any good?

A question: I always heard about Callis being a former wrestler, even when he was Cyrus in ECW. Does anyone have any idea who he was, why he retired and became a non-wrestler, and, more importantly, was he ever any good?

I don't know but I think that's a great question for Ask The Proffesor with Mike Tenay! I modified your question a little and sent it in, let's see if he posts it:

I know Don Callis was a wrestler before he became Cyrus in ECW, but I don't know any of the details. Was he any good? Where and when did he wrestle and why did he retire to become a commentator/Jackyl/manager/MBA/TNA Management Consultant?

Thanks!

-Mike (Maryland)

Guest Dids

Somewhere there's a shoot with Callis where he talks about it- but for the life of me I can't remember where.

Micheal Shane v Chris Sabin should be decent, and I can see Chris Sabin maybe winning the X Title.

Sabin IS the X Champion! He won the Ultimate X2!

I'm still torn as to whether or not all the ICP fans in the crowd is a good thing or a bad thing.

The good thing is there's crowd heat for a change...granted they all chant "ICP" more than anything...but it's heat nonetheless. They probably also pay for those seats since they're camera side near the front.

The bad thing is...if it's not one of the bigger stars on the show (Styles, DLo, Jarrett) they pretty much just chant ICP regardless of what's going on in the ring.

I have to admit...somewhere along the line my opinion of TNA flipped with everyone elses.

I'll sit and watch a show that I think is bad...and my friend and I will agree that it was a bad effort...then I'll come here and read that it was pretty good or better than last week or whatever.

Then I'll see a show that I enjoyed...and it'll get pooped on.

In the short term I think the ICP thing could be good - it gets a whole new set of eyeballs for the product, it's up to creative to turn possible fans into regular watchers.

In the long term...well...given that the bods in charge where unable to deal with the Heel Section....

Actually that's another interesting point - it does look like the eviction of the Heel Section has had a noticeable, negative effect on the mood in the asylum.

I remember seeing a bio of Callis the "wrestler" and he won a few small world championships in places like Canada, Africa and even a US indy promotion I do believe. I don't think he's wrestled since the early 90s...give or take a few rare matches. All in all I think he only wrestled about 4-5 years.

I posted the new Ask The Professor column, and in it he posts my question on Callis the wreslter and actually gives the answer in his opening paragraph.

About the whole ICP thing: I doubt it made that much of a difference. There were about a hundred Juggalos in attendence, but since they parked themselves smartly on the TV side of the audience, it looked like there were a lot more than there actually were. They probably didn't pay for their seats either, since general admission is generally papered.