TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The Dames' Diatribe on WWE Raw - 2/2/04

Sweet I'm first. Anyway Dames, the first HBK/Orton match was at Unforgiven, not Bad Blood.

A clarification on the Henry thing and his match being short: Meltzer reported earlier in the day he suffered a shoulder injury at a house show (against Benoit), which was later brought up during Raw. I'm guessing they decided to put Henry out there in a short match and have Benoit's televised crossface be the cause of Henry's injury. I'm cool with that.

How is Undertaker's act unbelievable or intelligence insulting? This isn't a movie being being post produced, this isn't an animated show or something with CGI effects. Your seeing things happen live, so they are believably happening. Clearly pyro and lighting guys are being paid a hefty some by Mark Calloway to play mind games with Kane, so it all makes sense. Feel free to mark out for the Old School.

Good Diatribe, Dames. Looking forward to Ric Flair Part 3.

Well, i'm going on the old school way of thinking in terms of wrestling and personalities....and supernatural occurences just don't seem believable and never really have. That's too much of a suspension of belief for me, but I am marking out for the Old School.

Thanks for the correction, btw.

Dames

That's too much of a suspension of belief for me, but I am marking out for the Old School.

I get that, and even I was a bit confused that until recently no one was complaining about what, in 1998, was largely shit on when it happened. The excuse I got on IRC (and from my pal Drew) was they didn't care since it was Old School Taker. I also feel that way and use that silly excuse I made to justify my marking out.

Guest Mosaicv2

you called it Dames tat Coach was taken offense tat Triple H was a better champion than Lesnar... he also played Mick Foleys side... by sayin Orton ambush backstage was a disgrace... just want to mention it

you called it Dames tat Coach was taken offense tat Triple H was a better champion than Lesnar... he also played Mick Foleys side... by sayin Orton ambush backstage was a disgrace... just want to mention it

tat? tis?

Even The Coach, playing a heel announcer, takes exception FOR Brock Lesnar for Triple H’s comments.

This is so fucking stupid. Coach is the idiot announcer; him sticking up for Brock is NOT A GOOD THING.

I wonder what Brock really thinks about being trashed on the other show for no reason.

"Golly Trips, thanks for puttin me over big in your promo on RAW - just happy to get recognized by someone of your calibre. Did you hear that Vince??? "

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Do the crowds react to the UT teases?

If so, it's working, and until the pops stop happening there's really no way around that. The people are being entertained, by an old school WWF style angle, and for once they are REALLY building to a high profile match.

The crowd reacting doesn't mean it's working. The crowd gave Hogan a 10 minute standing ovation, and it didn't draw any rating at all. Let's wait and see if Taker is still a ratings killer when he comes back.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
The crowd reacting doesn't mean it's working. The crowd gave Hogan a 10 minute standing ovation, and it didn't draw any rating at all. Let's wait and see if Taker is still a ratings killer when he comes back.

Difference of course being that this angle isn't being done to draw a rating or buyrate. Benoit/HHH or Brock/Goldberg is what the WWE is counting on to sell tickets for Mania.

This match is what it should be: A special attraction.

I liked Raw last night, but the main problem I had with the show was Benoit being put out there on the mic, because as you said, it pretty much exposed him. Honestly, I don't feel he should have been on the show last night at all. They should've given him a video package detailing his struggle to win the World title, explaining why he decided to jump to Raw (if it was because of Heyman, they should have him say that), and how much it would mean to him to win the title. From there, they could've had Flair take exception to the video and issue a challenge to Benoit for next week's show, hyping his Raw return as a major thing. I think that would've gone over really well.

Edit: Another thing I didn't like about the show last night was the stuff with Shawn Michaels being upset about being left out of the World Title picture due to Benoit's winning the Rumble. If they're not careful (or maybe it's what they have in mind...who knows), fans could end up sympathizing with HBK and resenting Benoit's Rumble win. Overall, they're handling this situation with Benoit terribly.

As for the Undertaker thing...I didn't mind that. I never really minded Undertaker's supernatural stuff. Storyline-wise, he's pretty much always had them, and that's one aspect of the deadman character that's always been consistant, so it's easier to accept. Now, if it was Austin or Jericho who came out shooting lightning, I'd have had a problem with it, but with Taker and MAYBE Kane, it really doesn't bother me.

Guest Mosaicv2

tat? tis?

why do you take exception on the way i write... tat's just the way i like it!!