TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Gowen gone

Guest FrigidSoul

well there goes my dream of seeing Big Show pick up Gowen by his one leg, swing him around for all he's got and then let go. I bet Big Show could've sent him at least 25 feet.

At least they gave him a 2 or 3 month paid vacation before they cut him loose. I know he got a bad attitude and was too cocky, but I do not think his on screen character ever recovered after Hogan cried and left. (Same for Sean O'Haire and Piper.)

They should have put him on television one more time and have Lesnar slap on the Brock Lock and then taken him out on a stretcher. It could have got the Brock Lock over as a career ending move and on Gowen it would have looked even more like a torture device then it already does.

Meh, I didn't like Gowen and am not going to join in with the apologists wishing him all the best. There's no one I've ever wanted off my screen as badly as him.

I'd say this is for the best. It's not like they had anything else they could do with him. At least for him, he left on a win, right?

Actually, I believe Tajiri beat him in a CW Title match the SD after No Mercy . . . then Akio and Sakoda finished him off after the match.

I believe you are right. He also suffered a pretty rough concussion because of that very move, a reverse STO do I believe.

By all accounts the guy had an ego that made Hogan look humble, but WWE really did handle him poorly. The extended McMahon/Gowan feud was just painful. Book him right, and have Bradshaw sodomize him to keep him respectful, and they could have had a nice package to sell the mainstream media.

Oh well. Fuck it.

*does a Brock Happy Dance*

I'd say this is for the best. It's not like they had anything else they could do with him.

Yup, they did the "shocking" pull-the-leg-off thing, had him hang with Hogan, job to Vince and beat Matt Hardy. It's gotten right now to the point where "creative had nothing for him to do."

WWE and Zach Gowen part ways

WWE elected today to end its contractual relationship with Zach Gowen after Zach met with EVP of Talent Relations Jim Ross earlier today. “Zach is only 20 years of age and I would be very surprised if we don’t see him in a WWE ring again some day," Ross said. "We all have great respect for Zach’s passion and wish him nothing but success.”

I love the patronizing way WWE says they've fired some one. Well, in this case I wouldn't have minded them rubbing it in.

Guest frowned

I always hoped that they'd bring him back as a sado-masochistic Mankind-esque character with the gimmick that he was so into S&M that he cut off his own leg... that coulda rocked.

...yeah - I always wanted a creation of mine to be featured on Wrestlecrap.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I'm not going to say "good riddance",

I will.

Hopefully he gets out of the business for good. I don't want him hopping around in NWA:TNA, ROH, Japan or anywhere else. Don't expolit him just because he's a freakshow.

I agree. I mean, it was good and all for him to live his dream and I sure won't hate him for it. But I really felt like the WWE exploited him and I honestly don't want any part of something like that. I watch to see wrestling, not a freakshow.

By all accounts the guy had an ego that made Hogan look humble,

Even cancer jobbed out to him. Wouldn't you have an ego?

Yeah, but it wasn't a clean win.

They should have waited and made him the one leg Holly cousin, Zack Holly! Bob Holly could have kicked the crap out of him every week ala Crash. I wanna see the Alabama Slam done to a man with one leg.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Was that just a good carry by Road Dogg?

Road Dogg carrying a match, and doing it well? Hahahahaha